SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-18-2013, 18:33   #21
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
Chest, chest, nuts, will probably stop them.

The sternum would likely stop them.
Old 03-18-2013, 20:43   #22
PurpleAngel

Who is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Ufgood View Post
Caliber Corner
Who is person in the picture?
PurpleAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 20:50   #23
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
I certainly do not know.
Old 03-18-2013, 23:27   #24
Little Joe
Platinum Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
rahman-headbutt-holyfield-6-2002.jpg Hasim Rahman

I click to save the image and sometimes the pictures are descriptively named. I wish everybody that posts pictures would descriptively name them. Usually it's gibberish.
Little Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 00:04   #25
Riverkilt

Don't know the .22 round details but used to know a guy who'd tried to commit suicide twice in front of the same woman...aimed it under his chin straight up. He survived both times...he'd been bald and had two craters in the top of his skull where the .22 bullets exited....and he didn't think very clearly anymore..

Glock 42...somewhere you can't see
Riverkilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 00:37   #26
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

For all we know the ammunition used was Colibri from a .22LR SNS revolver with a 1/2 inch cylinder gap.

Even if it was a decent pistol with CCI Mini Mags, there are plenty other freak incidents with larger common calibers.

You have to take into account the angle the bullet hit, the position the head was in, ect. From my experience, the .22LR with decent ammo is pretty good penetrator. Even from a 2.5 inch barrel CCI Mini Mags blow through a 2x4 like it isnt even there.
Old 03-19-2013, 00:45   #27
Berto
woo woo

The cranial vault has kept out bigger rounds than the .22lr countless number of times in shootings. Any pin shooter will point out that anything less than a good solid hit straight-on can fail to knock the pin over due to its sloping surface...same with skull and especially so when soft lead RN bullets are involved.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:12   #28
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
What the heck happened to that G20?
I can tell ya what happened to it "because" that is my hand, and my gun in the pic ! Why Wil Ufgood posted it here I do not know.

I do not mind I guess, but goes to show that folks can take your stuff off the internet any where and do what they want with it ! haha.

Simply.. It blew up while shooting WW Silvertips.. Hit search for any more info on it, i really do not want to go through the whole story, and it is on GT a cabillion times, and folks have posted it on other forum a cabillion times, and i seem to be the only one that knows how, why, where, because it is in MY hand and was MY gun !

Be safe !

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 03-19-2013 at 09:13..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:19   #29
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Caliber Corner

Hey hoss. Where did you find my hand and my blown gun this time ?

It seems to be popping up all over the internet..

Hilarious the ammount of NO information, to bad information, to "wrong" information, concerning MY gun that kaboomed !

Now it's on a " .22 " thread.

I need to start getting royalties off my pic !

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:27   #30
fotog54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
Don't know the .22 round details but used to know a guy who'd tried to commit suicide twice in front of the same woman...aimed it under his chin straight up. He survived both times...he'd been bald and had two craters in the top of his skull where the .22 bullets exited....and he didn't think very clearly anymore..

He did not think very clearly before the shooting!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54   #31
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
You need to remember that the Western World's covert military agencies haven't, almost unanimously, used rimfire 22 LR caliber cartridges AND head shots for the past 50 years because the cartridge doesn't work. Read the book, 'Hit Team' about the Israeli Mossad's European operations during the mid 1970's.
Here's a short article on the subject:

http://www.tactical-life.com/tactica...mossad-22-lrs/
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:34   #32
Cream Soda Kid

A friend of mine was shot with a single .22. It entered his chest cavity through his right armpit, it pierced the top of his right lung, then the valve on top of his heart then the top of his left lung, it stopped against a rib on his left side.

He was able to walk under his own power into the house and collapsed. The surgeon told us his heart stopped 3 times on the operating table. They were able to keep him alive, but the damage to his heart required them to put in a pace maker.

He was 27 years old at the time that he was shot. He died a few years later due to complications from his injuries.

You never know how a round will affect someone, no matter what caliber.
Cream Soda Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:51   #33
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
Hey hoss. Where did you find my hand and my blown gun this time ?

It seems to be popping up all over the internet..

Hilarious the ammount of NO information, to bad information, to "wrong" information, concerning MY gun that kaboomed !

Now it's on a " .22 " thread.

I need to start getting royalties off my pic !

CanyonMan

Google search Glock Kaboom. Your G20 is famous Bro.

Can't believe that happened with Silvertips, kinda sucks.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:58   #34
SCmasterblaster

There's no doubt that .22s can kill. But drop an armed and murderous opponent? Not likely.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:23   #35
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

They were doing it wrong
Old 03-19-2013, 13:23   #36
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Google search Glock Kaboom. Your G20 is famous Bro.

Can't believe that happened with Silvertips, kinda sucks.

Yeh i know amigo... I did not mind ya using it, that was not the point.. I just found it amusing that every where on the net i go.... "There i am ." ! haha.

It does get me how folks post that pic and "make up some dang story," or they post it and misquote the real story, or use NO story at all, or make it their own !

I had this happen with some of our ranch pics with our horses, "our ranch itself," me, the game cam pics we have of a cougar dragging off a big buck deer by the throat, and "many, many more.." Man I am getting famous as you said, but all the tribute goes to most of the whack jobs posting our stuff as if it were theirs !

Internut ! Whatta gonna do man !

Glad you liked my misfortunate Kaboom ! haha.

BTW.. for the OP.. I know that 22's kill, and 22mags kill, and even out of the NAA 1 5/8" barrel, 22MAGNUM, when a head shot "can be made", even from this small barrel, it is "rare" that instant death does not occur.

Ok Wil Ufgood, have fun with my pic ! send your check or money order later... haha.

Be safe amigo !

CanyonMan

Last edited by CanyonMan; 03-19-2013 at 13:25..
Old 03-19-2013, 16:10   #37
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Here's a short article on the subject: http://www.tactical-life.com/tactica...mossad-22-lrs/
Quote:
Rachamim recently advised Tactical Weapons that during the commando raid on the Sabena Airline jet in 1972, he carried two spare magazines for his issued Beretta. After drawing his pistol and racking the slide, Rachamim recalls charging at one of the male terrorists while he “stabbed” his pistol out in front of him toward his target as he, “released rounds.” As he fired his pistol, Rachamim remembered being close enough to see some of his bullets hit the mark. The sight of blood draining from the dead hijacker’s mouth confirmed that the terrorist he engaged inside the crowded cabin would no longer pose a threat.
Thank you so much for that!

The above is a REAL WORLD example of what I’ve spent so much time trying to explain (without much success ) to all of these C-1 carry, ‘Glockeroo Cowboys’, here, on Glock Talk. (This, also, parallels my own REAL WORLD life experience; and, ‘puts the lie’ to much of these always popular, but, largely pseudointellectual remarks about the presumed vital necessity for C-1 carry.)

IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO ENDANGER, BOTH, YOURSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE WITH LOADED CHAMBER (C-1) CARRY IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE WITH A PISTOL. WHAT A COMPETENT PISTOLERO REALLY HAS TO BE IS,

(1) POSSESSED OF A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF REAL WORLD (LIFE) EXPERIENCE,

(2) DEMONSTRABLY SKILLED AT HIS CRAFT, AND

(3) PERSONALLY DISCIPLINED WITH THE RIGHT MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL ATTITUDES.

If someone sporting a carry pistol lacks the proper training, as well as ALL of the above physical and psychological prerequisites then, as far as I’m concerned, that person is no better than just another dangerous social goofball with a loaded gun who’s, out there, walking around in public - A goofball who constitutes himself as a viable potential threat to everyone with whom he comes into personal contact, including himself.

(I doubt, though, that I’m going to garner any, ‘merit badges’ for continuing to point this out!)

REFERENCE: http://www.tactical-life.com/tactica...mossad-22-lrs/

Last edited by Arc Angel; 03-19-2013 at 16:38..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 21:26   #38
bunk22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
There's no doubt that .22s can kill. But drop an armed and murderous opponent? Not likely.
That makes no sense lol Yes, it can kill but only if it's not an armed and murderous opponent? So a .22 round has a different effect on that type of opponent? The article posted just proved otherwise. I have an article here, that shows an large intruder was killed with a single .22LR shot while a 100lb teenage girl took 4 rounds from 230gr 45 (ball ammo) at point blank range and not only survived but walked two blocks to a bus top to call 911. I guess those 45 are only for armed and murderous opponents The point of the article was calibers can have a different effect on a body depending on what the bullet hits. The .22 round above entered the mans chest, deflected off bone and into his heart. Died very quickly.

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 13:24   #39
gatorboy

That's what 22Magnum is for! Seriously though, 22mag uses real jacketed bullets not copper plated or copper washed. From a short barrel loaded for short barrels, 40 and 50 gr. 22mag out-penetrates 85 and 90 gr. 380. First hand tests in water jugs, five gallon buckets of wet & dry sand and sheets of plywood. All FMJ. This is from a 2" S&W 351 and 3" Kahr P380.

EDIT: I see the 380 was actually 90 and 95 gr. not 85 and 90.

Last edited by gatorboy; 03-20-2013 at 13:27..
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:46   #40
gatorboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post

Yeh i know amigo... I did not mind ya using it, that was not the point.. I just found it amusing that every where on the net i go.... "There i am ." ! haha.

It does get me how folks post that pic and "make up some dang story," or they post it and misquote the real story, or use NO story at all, or make it their own !

I had this happen with some of our ranch pics with our horses, "our ranch itself," me, the game cam pics we have of a cougar dragging off a big buck deer by the throat, and "many, many more.." Man I am getting famous as you said, but all the tribute goes to most of the whack jobs posting our stuff as if it were theirs !

Internut ! Whatta gonna do man !

Glad you liked my misfortunate Kaboom ! haha.

BTW.. for the OP.. I know that 22's kill, and 22mags kill, and even out of the NAA 1 5/8" barrel, 22MAGNUM, when a head shot "can be made", even from this small barrel, it is "rare" that instant death does not occur.

Ok Wil Ufgood, have fun with my pic ! send your check or money order later... haha.

Be safe amigo !

CanyonMan

I've never met you CM but you're too cool and too 'real' (even on the interwebs) to be FOS. We need a CM pic thread to sticky. Take care brother.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote