Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-15-2013, 15:05   #1
Buckshot Barry

How many rounds do YOU have on back order?

I'm waiting on 7,000 rounds, of which 4,000 is 9mm, 2,000 5.56, and 1,000 .22

I don't know if it will ever ship.
Buckshot Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 15:11   #2
jeffreybehr
GAPist #1944

500 Rem. Golden Saber Bondeds in 357SIG.

...until today, when they were delivered.

Last edited by jeffreybehr; 03-15-2013 at 21:38..
jeffreybehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 16:27   #3
Scott30

About 12k. I just have to start pulling the handle and putting them together.

Last edited by Scott30; 03-15-2013 at 16:27..
Scott30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 17:04   #4
Catshooter

Zero. I saw it coming.

Cat
Old 03-15-2013, 17:11   #5
Buckshot Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
Zero. I saw it coming.

Cat
But how much is enough? I've shot SASS for the last 11 years and so want to start IDPA on a regular basis. Current thought is not to dip in to my existing stash and I'm not shooting 175 rounds at an IDPA match at $30 per 50. So I've got lots on back order at $10.50 a box.
Old 03-15-2013, 17:49   #6
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

I currently have a "supply" but I had my regular orders put in back order status by the manufacturer.

A person who competes or practices regularly can go thru 500- 2000 rounds a month.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 20:32   #7
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

I've stopped going to matches and, lately, don't even go to the range anymore. (The ammo is just too dear! I can't seem to bring myself to fire a shot - ANY shot!) About two years ago I started to get this wild idea that I needed more ammo; (I didn't!) so I began coming home with regular and frequent ammo purchases and, 'squirreling' the stuff away all over the house.

Recently things started to get tight; so I dug into the 22 LR ammo, (of which I have a lot) and began limiting my shooting to strictly 22 LR. Then I began to realize that I was making a mistake! (After all, if you've got to, 'shoot to eat' then 22 LR ammo is the way to go.) Right now there is NO 22 LR AMMO FOR SALE anywhere that I know of in Northeastern Pennsylvania - NONE! So, to quote my wife, 'Looks like it's, 'snap-cap city' from now on for you, Pal!'

I've got a, 'bad feeling' about all of this! First that bizarre and very abnormal kindergarten shooting in New Town, CT; and, now, the DHS along with several other internal federal agencies have ordered a combined total of 2 billion rounds of assorted small arms ammunition!

The current national ammo shortage is now being projected to last for, at least, another full year! The whole situation causes me to wonder, 'Who' the United States government is planning on going to war with? The other question, of course, is, 'Why'? I've noticed something else, too. These recent - unquestionably hysterical - gun laws they've been passing: Nothing's being, 'grandfathered'. If you've got it; and, 'they' don't like it, then owners who retain possession of THEIR PERSONAL PROPERTY are being automatically turned into criminals; and banned items are going to be subject to confiscation WITHOUT any sort of monetary compensation!

A couple of weeks ago some guy I met in a local gun shop offered me - sight unseen - $3,500.00 for my Colt tactical carbine! Naturally, I turned him down; but he's got me wondering, 'Why' he's so sure that the next, 'wild ass gun law’ the politicians pass won't just plain, flat-out outlaw ALL tactical carbines? 'Impossible!' you might say? Well, I'm no longer so sure.

The America I grew up in more than 60 years ago, and the America I'm living in today are, definitely, not the same place! I suspect, 'the smart money' is betting that in another 25 or 30 years there are not going to be any such legal entities as: The American Constitution, The Bill Of Rights, or any popular ideological sentiment like that expressed in The Declaration Of Independence.

Oh, yeah, you can add The Holy Bible - in all of its various forms - to the impending list of banned literature and outlawed ideology. NOT because this is, 'What' most people will want; but, because the people who actually run this world are going to begin exposing themselves, and will start telling everyone else what they are, then, going to be required to do.

NOW the Federal Government's purchase of two billion rounds of ammunition FOR DOMESTIC USE INSIDE THE UNITED STATES suddenly begins to make sense. Under proper storage conditions the usable, 'shelf-life' of the Homeland Security ammunition that's now being produced is close to 100 years! If, however, an ammo consumption rate equivalent to what’s occurred, recently, in Afghanistan and Iraq is assumed then two billion rounds of small arms ammunition should take less than eighteen months to be expended, here, in American field operations!

At the present time whatever, 'social events' the (no longer so covert) world government is rehearsing for are, still, about two years off; BUT, whatever it is, it's definitely coming! All this week I've been calling around to area gun dealers in an effort to backorder various calibers of ammunition. Not one dealer has been willing to backorder anything for me! The only desirable item I came up with is one dealer who DID have M855 equivalent ammunition in stock. I almost went for it; but, my dog needs an expensive operation; and my wife gave me a choice: (1) Go ahead and buy the ammunition; or (2) take the dog to the vet. next week for surgery. (I went with making life easier for our Bulldog.)

Anyway the brick of 5.56 ammo I found worked out to a little over .95 cents a round! That's a lot of money for a guy who's never paid more than .65 cents per round before this for decent quality, 'military grade' ammo. Yes, I knew things were going to, 'amp up' after 12/21/12; but, I didn't think everything would begin heating up so soon.

I'm an old man; and I've been telling myself that I'd be well out 'a here before things really, 'get nasty'; but - after the past several months, and what Andrew Cuomo and his cronies in the New York State Legislature just got away with - I'm no longer so sure. The, 'winds of change', people. The, 'winds of change'.

If you want an old man's advice? Forget about guns and ammunition; and, instead, begin stockpiling nonperishable foodstuffs. It's a, 'hungry world', out there; and you're going to be needing food more than anything else.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 03-16-2013 at 08:34..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 21:19   #8
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

None, Saw this coming a while back.
Old 03-15-2013, 22:23   #9
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Didn't really need it, I've been stocked up for some time, but I placed a few orders at the beginning of the craziness just to have a little more.

A couple orders were cancelled on me, but I still have a couple thousand rounds still pending. I'd be surprised if it I actually got it.
Old 03-15-2013, 22:42   #10
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

None. Same reasons as the other guys. I'm good-to-go.

And, I refuse to buy more at today's stupid prices. Today Ammo to Go posted on Facebook that they had .22LR in stock. I went to the site to check (out of curiosity).. it was $10 for a box of 50. Heck that's what I was paying for 9-mm only a few months ago.

I refuse to pay crazy prices for ammo. And, I've got plenty... for now.

Last edited by racer88; 03-15-2013 at 22:44..
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 23:13   #11
Buckshot Barry

You can backorder Blazer 115's at MidSouth for $10.51 a box

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...?sku=000203509
Old 03-15-2013, 23:43   #12
g29onboard

Saw this coming but still have a case of M193 back ordered at pre panic pricing. Back order date went from December '12 to May '13 to Feb 18th and on Feb 10th it moved to August 19th. It just moved up to April fools day. Lol.
g29onboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 00:49   #13
fredj338

None, way too easy to see this coming so what little factory ammo I do have, I bought back in Nov. I reload my practice ammo & GTG there for components, Ya just had to be paying a little bit of attention to see this coming. It isn't going to get better anytime soon either.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:32   #14
Kentguy

fredj338 "...Ya just had to be paying a little bit of attention to see this coming. It isn't going to get better anytime soon either."

Fred I couldn't agree with you more!

This president and member's of his party have been very up front about their intentions concerning "gun control", so it's no surprise (or it shouldn't have been) what they are doing. We just love to kid ourselves and think "no they would never do that!"... Oh yes they would. These people are Hell bent on dragging the USA into their idea of Utopia regardless of the cost or consequences... In their minds the ends will justify the means.

Ok - I'm climbing down off my soap box now.

Anyway to the OP's point, I smelled this coming some time ago and made a serious effort to "stock up" on reloading supplies & components. If I shoot conservatively I should be pretty much good for quite a long time. Some calibers (44 magnum, 45 colt & 45-70) I wish I have a bit more but I have what I need for now.

Good luck - Stock up - and be safe out there.
Old 03-16-2013, 13:23   #15
SCmasterblaster

Zero!