Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2013, 14:40   #61
ÇAGArms
taxes kill

Being that someone has already swapped sights I say go for it.

I put over 3,000 RDS through mine in the short time I had it, and the owner prior had over 1,000 just in Leo qualifying so I see no problem with shooting it. I'd probably say an aftermarket barrel and no +p ammo to try and preserve what's there. But that's strictly my opinion.

Extractor swapping isn't a big deal. In my opinion its just the serial numbered parts and the mag that are the important features. I'm jus like you and FAR from being a collector (I gave away a 000 serial number g36 in a drawing). I personally get lot more enjoyment out of shooting my guns. And if this isn't your primary I see nothing wrong with shooting it.

Love it and use it for what its meant for! Maybe be a little more thorough with cleanings and inspections being that I personally had some issues with mine.

We definitely need pictures. If only someone (Sig fiend) would post a video of shooting one people would realize these are still functional firearms.
Old 01-30-2013, 15:04   #62
Sig_Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÇAGArms View Post
We definitely need pictures. If only someone (Sig fiend) would post a video of shooting one people would realize these are still functional firearms.
Oh I'll definitely get some video too. Video was one of the reasons I wanted to get a decent DSLR.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:15   #63
CybrSlydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
Oh I'll definitely get some video too. Video was one of the reasons I wanted to get a decent DSLR.
Always makes me shake my head... DSLR for video.

So aside from rarity, is there any other reason this pistol is special - seems pretty boring to me.
CybrSlydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:05   #64
clarkz71

Quote:
For the hell of it, I'm actually planning on testing both versions of Apex Tactical's Glock G-FRE extractor in this gun. I'm primarily testing it in Gen 2, 3, and 4 19's and 17's, though I figured I'd see what it does in this gen 1 19 just for fun. I know not many people have one of these, so the least I can do is to at least do something with it to put some more content out there on the web about them.
Quote:
On another note, I also have both versions of the extractors from Apex Tactical, for gen 3 and gen 4 Glocks. Although I will primarily be testing those in other Gen 2 through 4 guns, I am planning on testing both versions in this Gen 1 just for the hell of it.
I don't know if it will effect performance but Apex extractors
are for 15 degree extractor slides as compared to 90 degree of early Glocks.
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923

Last edited by clarkz71; 03-16-2013 at 19:54..
clarkz71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:10   #65
ÇAGArms
taxes kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSlydr View Post
Always makes me shake my head... DSLR for video.

So aside from rarity, is there any other reason this pistol is special - seems pretty boring to me.
Nope! It's just an old gun that was born out of a man's need for a smaller gun...
Old 03-14-2013, 18:43   #66
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
I took that picture through the glass at the Glock Collectors display in the NRA annual convention in St. Louis...the time before last in St. Louis that is.
And I was there with Butch! We had lunch after checking out the Glock Collectors Association booth. Butch is every bit as heckuva nice guy in person, as here on GT!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 15:53   #67
clarkz71

Bump for any update's
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
clarkz71 is online now   Reply With Quote