SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:12   #21
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
The CZ-75 is a fantastic firearm, buy one w/o worries.

Look at all these other helpful posts by folks who did not 'feel' the need to bust the OP's balls about not performing a search first.

Plus 1. No need to be jerk to someone asking for help.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:09   #22
Cambo

Great guns(never a malfunction, regardless of ammo) and the Kadet Kit is the most reliable .22lr I have ever used.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:25   #23
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Another vote for 'like' ....

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:34   #24
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

How does the Armalite AR-24 fare nowadays? When I was looking into getting a CZ-75 years ago, the Armalite was fairly new and having teething problems. I am still wanting one, but don't see any reason to get the Armalite over an actual CZ-75.

Any thoughts on the Armalite offering?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:09   #25
pgg00

I have a baby eagle (a clone). One of the most accurate, comfortable, and easiest shooting pistols I own.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:38   #26
KalashniKEV

They are excellent pistols- reliable and VERY accurate. They all seem to have really great triggers.

1) Shoot it out of the box and don't change anything, ever. As soon as you start doing "work" and swapping parts you will see problems, swap more parts to fix them, create new problems, and eventually become part of the disgruntled minority.

2) Shoot it with stepped floorplate CZ mags, not Tangfolio mags.

3) If you break a slidestop, fix it and dump the gun. The guns that break slide stops seem to do it all the time. Mine has never broken a slide stop and doesn't show any wear and tear out of the ordinary. Some of the newer guns just eat slide stops, though this seems to have been recently fixed.
KalashniKEV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:55   #27
WarEagle32

I own and have owned a lot of guns. I started shooting as a Glock man and my 19 is still my EDC. However, my CZ Customs 85 Combat is by far the best handgun that my fingers have ever touched. I think that the CZ 75 family the best 9mm's made. At any price! JMO!
WarEagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:10   #28
WayneJessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle32 View Post
I own and have owned a lot of guns. I started shooting as a Glock man and my 19 is still my EDC. However, my CZ Customs 85 Combat is by far the best handgun that my fingers have ever touched. I think that the CZ 75 family the best 9mm's made. At any price! JMO!
You used to be able to get them at a steal for the quality they are but the popularity of them has driven prices way up. I got my first 75C two years ago for $400nib. Try that now...
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22   #29
raven11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJessie View Post
You used to be able to get them at a steal for the quality they are but the popularity of them has driven prices way up. I got my first 75C two years ago for $400nib. Try that now...
That is a steal, nowadays you can only find the Turkish clones at that price

Last edited by raven11; 03-11-2013 at 11:22..
raven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:54   #30
ojabog

CZ75 is a fantastic gun. I have 800 rounds or so through it without any malfunctions. Easy to shoot and extremely accurate.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:30   #31
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
That is a steal, nowadays you can only find the Turkish clones at that price
Robertson Trading Post had some Pre-Bs recently for less. They were a little bit beat though.

I got my CZ-75B MIL for $335 NIB a long time ago.
Old 03-11-2013, 13:01   #32
mr00jimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
They are excellent pistols- reliable and VERY accurate. They all seem to have really great triggers.

1) Shoot it out of the box and don't change anything, ever. As soon as you start doing "work" and swapping parts you will see problems, swap more parts to fix them, create new problems, and eventually become part of the disgruntled minority.

2) Shoot it with stepped floorplate CZ mags, not Tangfolio mags.

3) If you break a slidestop, fix it and dump the gun. The guns that break slide stops seem to do it all the time. Mine has never broken a slide stop and doesn't show any wear and tear out of the ordinary. Some of the newer guns just eat slide stops, though this seems to have been recently fixed.
My CZ gunsmith has broken a slidestop on his Shadow...around the 45,000 round mark. He replaced it and put another 20,000 rounds and so far no problems.
I think that's pretty good.

Has anybody had any break-in issues with their CZs? Mine stovepiped three times in the first 100 or so rounds with the stock 18# super heavy spring and 115 gr ammo.
I put a lighter recoil spring in (first 11#, then I bought a 16# one) and with the 11# no problems, hope the 16# performs well, too.
Old 03-11-2013, 14:00   #33
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr00jimbo View Post
My CZ gunsmith has broken a slidestop on his Shadow...around the 45,000 round mark. He replaced it and put another 20,000 rounds and so far no problems.
65,000 rounds is... impressive.

I'm talking about the normal folks who report consistent breakage of the slide stop. Some CZ's do it much more frequently than others.
Old 03-11-2013, 17:14   #34
motorcyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
One member here is unhappy with the trigger on his fullsize stainless but that is about the only complaint I have ever heard about that full original.
That would be me! Yes, my stainless 75B had a horrible gritty trigger that with lots of dry firing and shot rounds has smoothed out to a terrible gritty trigger. In all fairness I shot a polycoat 75B and a PO-6 with great triggers which led me to buy one in the first place. It is beautifully made, a joy to hold in the hand and everybody that sees it asks how much I want for it. That last CZ thread got me thinking about its fate. I keep thinking about contacting Cajun gun works and if I'm going to keep it I need to do something about the trigger.

Last edited by motorcyclist; 03-11-2013 at 17:14..
motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 17:20   #35
WayneJessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclist View Post
That would be me! Yes, my stainless 75B had a horrible gritty trigger that with lots of dry firing and shot rounds has smoothed out to a terrible gritty trigger. In all fairness I shot a polycoat 75B and a PO-6 with great triggers which led me to buy one in the first place. It is beautifully made, a joy to hold in the hand and everybody that sees it asks how much I want for it. That last CZ thread got me thinking about its fate. I keep thinking about contacting Cajun gun works and if I'm going to keep it I need to do something about the trigger.
Probably best to just ditch it to someone like me before you get too much money tied up in it.
Old 03-11-2013, 17:47   #36
motorcyclist

Quote:
Probably best to just ditch it to someone like me before you get too much money tied up in it.
That could happen.
motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 18:05   #37
countrygun

Quote:
Hey now, I have actually done an action job on a CZ and I would hate to see one of those particular ones running around with a bad trigger, and I would hate to see someone get themselves in over their head on one.

I think, as a favor to both of you I should take over custody before someone pokes their eye out with it.

You will thank me later.

countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 14:18   #38
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

I have three CZ-75Bs: a blued, a two-tones and a mirror polished SS model.

I love'em. Something about a solid steel pistol that sits well in your hand and can cave in a skull if and when you run out of ammo.

Strangely enough, I don't care much for the rest of the CZ pistol lines. One of these days, I'd like to get a pre-B model that isn't all beat up to hell like some of the surplus imports.
Old 03-13-2013, 14:23   #39
msl

Have had a CZ75B in the past and unfortunately sold it.... Great shooting gun and never an issue. I currently have a CZ75 PCR the aluminum frame model. Great Cary gun and just as fun to shoot as the all steel model.
msl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:01   #40
steven07

So I stopped in my buddy's pawn shop yesterday afternoon because he got an lcp in that I recently started looking for. $320 out the door seemed like a very fair price to me so I picked it up and while I was leaving I caught a glance of CZ 75 compact setting in his case. After holding it I decided I had to have it to but at $579 I decided to sweat him down a little. Left him a voicemail later that evening and I'm hoping he calls me back Monday with a better price.

Last edited by steven07; 03-31-2013 at 12:03..
steven07 is offline   Reply With Quote