Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-12-2013, 20:53   #1
cartman308

300 blackout ammo?????

Has anyone seen some anywhere that is a normal price????? Its all over gunrapper but at 2-4x retail. The couple boxes ive found local are the same.

Anyone seen/have any????

I bought a DDM4V7 300 and have yet to find ammo.

I do have some brass coming. Just need to get dies amd powder. But u would like some factory loads to shoot.

This panic BS is killing me!!!!!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

cartman308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 21:04   #2
WoodenPlank
Who?

Almost all ammo is sky high right now, and 300 wasn't exactly cheap (compared to 5.56) before this nonsense started. Reloading supplies aren't easy, either.

Good luck - you'll need it.
Old 03-12-2013, 21:11   #3
I'M Glockamolie

I saw some at my local Academy Sports store (one of the 3 I frequent, anyway) within the last week. I don't know the price, but they haven't fallen prey to any price hikes on guns and ammo. I don't recall seeing it on the shelf prior, but I never looked for it, either. I'll be doing a few recon missions over the next few days, and will report if I see any. Academy has a one box per day on certain calibers, but .300 Blackout isn't one of 'em. Should I buy every box they have if I find some?
Old 03-12-2013, 21:21   #4
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman308 View Post
Has anyone seen some anywhere that is a normal price????? Its all over gunrapper but at 2-4x retail. The couple boxes ive found local are the same.

Anyone seen/have any????

I bought a DDM4V7 300 and have yet to find ammo.

I do have some brass coming. Just need to get dies amd powder. But u would like some factory loads to shoot.

This panic BS is killing me!!!!!

Same boat as you. got my dies,brass, bullets and powder and just found 1000 cci primers today
friday I get to shoot.
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 21:59   #5
cartman308

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'M Glockamolie View Post
I saw some at my local Academy Sports store (one of the 3 I frequent, anyway) within the last week. I don't know the price, but they haven't fallen prey to any price hikes on guns and ammo. I don't recall seeing it on the shelf prior, but I never looked for it, either. I'll be doing a few recon missions over the next few days, and will report if I see any. Academy has a one box per day on certain calibers, but .300 Blackout isn't one of 'em. Should I buy every box they have if I find some?
If you have a buddy with a 300 either let them know where its or buy it for them. I'm not near an academy so it wont help me.

I have a couple guys that run pawn shops locally trying to locate me some. Its insane.

My stopping point is going to be powder as far as reloading. I have primers available and enough bullets to get going.
Hopefully by mid summer this will all be calmed down. At least so I can get sighted in by November.

Old 03-12-2013, 23:02   #6
Cole125
Silver Membership

This is the reason 300 black out never floated my boat. On paper and in principle its a outstanding cartridge but it does you no good if you can't get ammo for it.

At least .223/5.56 is still available somewhat.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 23:28   #7
cartman308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
This is the reason 300 black out never floated my boat. On paper and in principle its a outstanding cartridge but it does you no good if you can't get ammo for it.

At least .223/5.56 is still available somewhat.
The 556 doesnt have the on target performance I want. To many first hand accounts of multiple hits and the target still causing casualties. My dad is a vietman veteran.

No I am not going to war. But I plan to deer hunt with this rifle and the 556/223 doesnt inspire confidence in me. Will it work..... of course. The .22mag is the choice of poachers nationwide.

Ammo is available whem people arnt if a stupid panic and buying up everything. Or buying to resell to paniced people. I can remeber last summer 300BO ammo was in the Bargan Cave at the wheeling Cabelas......

I wouldnt be buying 556/223 ammo right now at the rediculous prices most are demanding.

Old 03-12-2013, 23:37   #8
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
The 556 doesnt have the on target performance I want. To many first hand accounts of multiple hits and the target still causing casualties. My dad is a vietman veteran.

No I am not going to war. But I plan to deer hunt with this rifle and the 556/223 doesnt inspire confidence in me. Will it work..... of course. The .22mag is the choice of poachers nationwide.

Ammo is available whem people arnt if a stupid panic and buying up everything. Or buying to resell to paniced people. I can remeber last summer 300BO ammo was in the Bargan Cave at the wheeling Cabelas......

I wouldnt be buying 556/223 ammo right now at the rediculous prices most are demanding.

While I generally wouldn't suggest 5.56 for deer hunting, there is plenty of current 5.56 ammo that is VERY well proven both by LEO use and Military as being highly effective at stopping fights, even at long ranges. The whole bit of 5.56 being weak and useless just doesn't hold true any more, so long as you use a decent load and the right weapon, and the trigger puller does his part.
Old 03-13-2013, 00:32   #9
cartman308

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
While I generally wouldn't suggest 5.56 for deer hunting, there is plenty of current 5.56 ammo that is VERY well proven both by LEO use and Military as being highly effective at stopping fights, even at long ranges. The whole bit of 5.56 being weak and useless just doesn't hold true any more, so long as you use a decent load and the right weapon, and the trigger puller does his part.

I agree. However, confidence is key. If you lack confidence is any part of your settup, you are destine to fail.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:29   #10
bug

Quote:
If you have a buddy with a 300 either let them know where its or buy it for them. I'm not near an academy so it wont help me.

I have a couple guys that run pawn shops locally trying to locate me some. Its insane.

My stopping point is going to be powder as far as reloading. I have primers available and enough bullets to get going.
Hopefully by mid summer this will all be calmed down. At least so I can get sighted in by November.

I will have factory ammo by summer if you still are having trouble by June pm me and I will mail you a couple of boxes. I am expecting some by then.

If I find some locally I will.post in here and see if anyone needs any.

I would send you 20 of the reloads I am about to do but I don't want the liability.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:43   #11
cartman308

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
I will have factory ammo by summer if you still are having trouble by June pm me and I will mail you a couple of boxes. I am expecting some by then.

If I find some locally I will.post in here and see if anyone needs any.

I would send you 20 of the reloads I am about to do but I don't want the liability.
Thanks for keeping me in mind! I hope I remeber to check this post then

Old 03-13-2013, 17:47   #12
Gunnut 45/454

Yep unfortunately the panic hit just as the 300 Blk was getting a good market share! I reload for mine so ammo is not a problem right now . Just wish I would have bought some more primers/powder! Can never have enough!
Old 03-13-2013, 19:27   #13
Cole125
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Yep unfortunately the panic hit just as the 300 Blk was getting a good market share! I reload for mine so ammo is not a problem right now . Just wish I would have bought some more primers/powder! Can never have enough!
When the gun market gets back to "normal" in a year or two, maybe 300 blackout will pick up stream again. Until then I doubt very many guys are going to buy 300 blackout rifles. Why spend money on a paper weight?
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:37   #14
Gunnut 45/454

Cole125
That goes for just about any AR buyer right now! Sure you may be able to get the AR but if you can't get ammo whats the point- caliber has zero to do with it! Heck you can't even find 22lr now!

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 03-14-2013 at 11:39..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:42   #15
cartman308

Scored some PNW match/hunter Thursday evening from their online store. 125 balistic tip. Only ordered six boxes. Should have gotten more......

Ableammo.com has whisper vmax in stock. But they are gouging at 39.99 a box. Removed from bookmarks......

Old 03-16-2013, 07:15   #16
bug

Quote:
Scored some PNW match/hunter Thursday evening from their online store. 125 balistic tip. Only ordered six boxes. Should have gotten more......

Ableammo.com has whisper vmax in stock. But they are gouging at 39.99 a box. Removed from bookmarks......

Loaded the first 10 rounds yesterday 168 gr 13.2 gr h110 1650 FPS

I have some 220gr bullets on the way 300 of them.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:41   #17
cartman308

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
Loaded the first 10 rounds yesterday 168 gr 13.2 gr h110 1650 FPS

I have some 220gr bullets on the way 300 of them.
RANGE TIME!!!!!!!! Muuahahah!!

Let us know how things run!

Old 03-16-2013, 13:30   #18
SCmasterblaster

Obamalypse is to blame. The Fed Govn't is buying so much ammo that the ammo manufacturers have their hands tied.

Last edited by SCmasterblaster; 03-16-2013 at 13:30..
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 14:58   #19
cartman308

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Obamalypse is to blame. The Fed Govn't is buying so much ammo that the ammo manufacturers have their hands tied.
The ammo is out there brother. Its the "speculators" camping out at walmart and buy stuff for guns they dont own and trying to triple their money that s causing the higj prices and shortage.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:08   #20
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
The ammo is out there brother. Its the "speculators" camping out at walmart and buy stuff for guns they dont own and trying to triple their money that s causing the higj prices and shortage.

I haven't been to my local WM lately.