SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:28   #81
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Looking good!!

What sort of holster are you looking for?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:42   #82
nathanours
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
Looking good!!

What sort of holster are you looking for?
I've got many concealed carry guns, so I'm looking for something that will work well owb strong side for hiking. I'm not interested in something that has a flap to cover the gun; I'd rather just have a snap or traditional hammer loop. I'd like something made of good quality leather, but don't need a lot of embellishments. Basically just a good holster to hold the gun snug while hiking in the woods. I'd rather have one with two belt attachment points on either side of the gun to prevent wobble too, similar to some of the high rise owb concealed carry gun holsters.

Black Rifle Club #1989
nathanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 21:21   #83
oscarthegrouch

I have a Galco Fletch for mine. I really like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanours View Post
I've got many concealed carry guns, so I'm looking for something that will work well owb strong side for hiking. I'm not interested in something that has a flap to cover the gun; I'd rather just have a snap or traditional hammer loop. I'd like something made of good quality leather, but don't need a lot of embellishments. Basically just a good holster to hold the gun snug while hiking in the woods. I'd rather have one with two belt attachment points on either side of the gun to prevent wobble too, similar to some of the high rise owb concealed carry gun holsters.
oscarthegrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:33   #84
Berto
woo woo

Defintely a sweet revolver, congrats.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:34   #85
gunsmoke92

Quote:
Anyone have any good holster recommendations?
If you're looking for a holster for the field, there's only one that comes to mind with regard to protecting the gun and keeping it secure. Simply Rugged.

Take a look at their "Texas Pancake", as it fits your described requirements for attaching to the belt, as well as providing for a few extra rounds to tag along.
The Loaded Pancake may interest you as well.
S&W Club #92, Snubbie club #92, The 21 Club #92, The Big Dawg club #1992

Last edited by gunsmoke92; 03-12-2013 at 12:10..
gunsmoke92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:04   #86
ratf51

Quote:
I just recently got a Bianchi #111 Cyclone for my 4" 686 and I like it. It can be worn strong side or cross-draw. It does have a thumb-break strap, though, and it does not meet the attachment point criteria, but still it's a good holster.
ratf51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:28   #87
nathanours
Texan

I've been in contact with Ryan from RGrizzle Holsters and am thinking about having him make me something like this:

http://rgrizzleleather.com/mahoganygearsp1012.JPG

Here are a few more pics of the gun with my Canon:

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

Black Rifle Club #1989

Last edited by nathanours; 03-12-2013 at 12:29..
Old 03-12-2013, 15:06   #88
bac1023

Very beautiful indeed

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 15:48   #89
Nanuk

Great gun! I have a 686 no dash mfg in 1981. Smoothest double action I have ever fired.
Nanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:17   #90
nathanours
Texan

Thought I'd give you guys an update. A couple of days ago I went to the local smith who is very good and used to compete heavily in PPC and NRA Action Pistol. He's got targets hanging all over his work shop that I only dream of being able to shoot one day. He had just finished putting an over-travel stop in my Ruger MKIII, and I thought I'd show him my 686 to look over.

He checked everything over for me, and then removed the side plate. He told me that whoever had owned it at one time before had had a very nice professional trigger job done. None of the springs were swapped, but he said that everything had been very well deburred, and that nothing was creating friction where it shouldn't. He was really impressed with it and said it felt similar to his 586 with a trigger job that was one of the guns he used for competition.

I guess it seems like I got a good one!

Black Rifle Club #1989
Old 04-11-2013, 20:26   #91
bac1023

Very cool, Nathan

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote