GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 21:13   #21
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnoob View Post
I had a chance to grab one of this few years ago but let it go. From what I can remember, it's like full size s&w 39 or single stack 59 (depend which way you see them). If I recall, it's PITA to find mag/parts for it.

Nice find bac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig19 View Post
That looks like a cross between a Smith auto and BHP, two of my favorites autos. That's very interesting. Nice looking gun, thanks for sharing, Brian.
Thanks guys
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 21:48   #22
austin_tx
Senior Member
 
austin_tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 878
I picked up an unfired/NIB GKK-45 (known as the ACK in Hungary, I believe) a few months ago on a lark. Here are my photos, even though they still don't compare in quality to BAC's. I'm going to have to monkey with the camera settings and lighting until I can get similar colors and contrasts.

I like the gun. It's certainly not the most refined piece, but the bluing is nicely done for such a cheap gun, and it shoots well, once you adjust to the gritty trigger.

General Firearms Forum
General Firearms Forum
General Firearms Forum
General Firearms Forum
__________________
Beretta Billennium x2–92 Steel I x2–92FS INOX x2–92FS x2–8045F–84BB—HK P7M10 x2–USP Elite—SIG P210-5HF–P210-5–P210-6HF–P210-6 x2–P49—SIG Sauer P229—Colt GCNM x2–Python—Browning HP—USFA 1910—Mauser Luger–HSc—S&W 41–57 x2–48-4—Freedom Arms 83—etc
austin_tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 22:14   #23
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,641
Very nice ATX

They aren't overly refined, but they are solid pistols.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:14   #24
TRX302
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13
I picked up a GKK a few months ago but haven't had it to the range yet. I bought it from a friend based on his description, without seeing it first.

I'm moderately pleased with it; I'm not sure I would have bought it if I had handled it first. The slide-to-frame fit is much looser than I'm used to; other than that, the workmanship and bluing seem flawless. But it's actually larger than a standard 1911, particularly in the grip, which I find to be awkwardly shaped, even for my large hands. For some reason that bothers the heck out of me.

I've found a couple of spare magazines, but other than that, GKK parts seem to be nonexistent. Well, I knew it was an orphan when I bought it, so I can't complain.

[edit] I went off to do some looking again, and it looks like Gun Parts Corp has a sizeable selection of spares for the GKK. Back when I first looked their site returned nothing. I don't know if they recent;y got parts in, or their site had the gollywobbles when I looked before.

Last edited by TRX302; 09-07-2012 at 06:45.. Reason: update
TRX302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:39   #25
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX302 View Post
I picked up a GKK a few months ago but haven't had it to the range yet. I bought it from a friend based on his description, without seeing it first.

I'm moderately pleased with it; I'm not sure I would have bought it if I had handled it first. The slide-to-frame fit is much looser than I'm used to; other than that, the workmanship and bluing seem flawless. But it's actually larger than a standard 1911, particularly in the grip, which I find to be awkwardly shaped, even for my large hands. For some reason that bothers the heck out of me.

I've found a couple of spare magazines, but other than that, GKK parts seem to be nonexistent. Well, I knew it was an orphan when I bought it, so I can't complain.

[edit] I went off to do some looking again, and it looks like Gun Parts Corp has a sizeable selection of spares for the GKK. Back when I first looked their site returned nothing. I don't know if they recent;y got parts in, or their site had the gollywobbles when I looked before.

I'd sooner compare it to a Hi-Power, which is the gun its loosely based on, not the 1911. It is quite a bit bigger though.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25   #26
ca survivor
Senior Member
 
ca survivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,363
Congrats, it looks like a BHP and a S&W 39 had a baby.
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 16:15   #27
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
Congrats, it looks like a BHP and a S&W 39 had a baby.
Yeah, I guess they do have some traits from both.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 22:06   #28
Brass
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
No matter what you think it resembles I personally like the look of it. In fact I will be picking one of these up by the end of April. Very few rounds put through it and it is in excellent condition. Ran into the guy selling it at a local gun show, private owner. Was 13 minutes to close so I got his name and number and have worked out a deal since he is out of state. It should go nicely with my FEG PJK-9HP

Last edited by Brass; 03-11-2013 at 22:07..
Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 23:02   #29
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
No matter what you think it resembles I personally like the look of it. In fact I will be picking one of these up by the end of April. Very few rounds put through it and it is in excellent condition. Ran into the guy selling it at a local gun show, private owner. Was 13 minutes to close so I got his name and number and have worked out a deal since he is out of state. It should go nicely with my FEG PJK-9HP
I like the look of it too
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 23:12   #30
oldcop1971
Senior Member
 
oldcop1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: north alabama
Posts: 138
Gkk92c

9mm, picked it up a month or so ago. Had a problem with the bullets rotating nose down and jamming on the feed ramp (HP). Not so much a problem with ball ammo. I put some S&W style followers in the mags and lessened the feeding problem, but still not 100% with HP, almost 100% with ball. I've got to polish the feed ramp and check the mag lips to see if that helps. Nice gun, like the feel of it, hope to be able to get it up to reliable enough for carry and not just range toy status.
__________________
If you're not taking flak, you're not over the target.
oldcop1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 733
189 Members
544 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42