SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-09-2013, 21:04   #41
WayneJessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
I've owned several Rugers over the last 35 years, never had any quality issues with any of them.
Glock certainly can't throw stones at anyone for quality issues. I have a new G19 Gen3 that can attest to that.
Old 03-09-2013, 21:27   #42
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Ive had mags not fully seat before, i wouldn't want something keeping my gun from shooting.

Ill never have one on a defensive gun. And ill never drop my mag out of my gun as a defensive technique.

"oh no hes going for my gun, ill just get rid of my ammo"
Old 03-09-2013, 22:47   #43
boose88

want just a range gun? SR9 all the way.
why? Its cheaper, its got a safety, chamber indicator, and reliable. These features are cool for the range and when teaching someone who knows nothing about guns having the safety on while showing how to load the gun in my opinion may reduce the risk of the newbie discharging a round because they were stupid n racked the slide with their finger on the trigger. I own one and have shot several thousands rounds through it with 0 misfires.

The trigger on the SR9 i hear people saying its "better". First of all its not. The SR9 trigger simply goes off sooner and still requires the same 5.5lb pull(I am not 100% sure but it sure feels the same). The glock trigger has a slightly longer pull but still breaks very crisp. I am a fan of this.

The SR9 is skinnier than the glock which is normally good for CC but my hand is to big for it and I always shoot slightly to the right (lefty). so keep that in mind because hand fitting is important.

Carry gun? Glock all the way.why? Extreme reliability and extreme simplicity. Some a hole wants your life and you are in panic mode are you really gonna remember to take the safety off? or even check if its on? No. You are gonna grab the gun and start blasting to stop his immediate threat. A glock will go bang everytime. i own a G19 for CC
boose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 22:56   #44
DFM914

Glock 19
DFM914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 23:49   #45
Reswob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
Ive had mags not fully seat before, i wouldn't want something keeping my gun from shooting.

Ill never have one on a defensive gun. And ill never drop my mag out of my gun as a defensive technique.

"oh no hes going for my gun, ill just get rid of my ammo"
Not that I advocating magazine disconnects, but the theory of using them hinges in the assumption you carry a spare mag. If you recover the pistol, reload and it's functional again.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:39   #46
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

in theory if i have time to remember to drop a mag i have time to remember to shoot the person
Old 03-10-2013, 07:47   #47
cptslick

I had a SR9 and it was ok but I just didn't like it. Now I have a Gen3 19 and a Ruger SR9c. They are comparable. The first thing I did was disable the mag disconnect and I don't use the safety. I also have a Crimson Trace laser for it.
They both shoot well so I don't have a problem with either. www.theisholsters.com has very nice holsters.
cptslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:28   #48
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
in theory if i have time to remember to drop a mag i have time to remember to shoot the person
Depends on the situation. If you are being beat in the head, while the BG is tugging on your holstered gun, if you drop the mag the gun can no fire. Or if its being peeled away from your grip.

It boils down to retention training.

All things being equal, I'd rather not have the disconnect, but using the disconnect was at one time taught to LEOs. Massad Ayoob has written about mag disconnects saving officers lives numerous times.

It is possible, and it has happened.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:37   #49
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
I've owned several Rugers over the last 35 years, never had any quality issues with any of them.
I can only assume you didn't put very many rounds through them or insist on accuracy. I've owned them, shot them, been trained as an instructor with them, etc., and I won't waste my money on one (again).
Old 03-11-2013, 12:53   #50
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I can only assume you didn't put very many rounds through them or insist on accuracy. I've owned them, shot them, been trained as an instructor with them, etc., and I won't waste my money on one (again).
What models? Can you elaborate?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-11-2013, 16:33   #51
WayneJessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Well, if we use your logic that would mean that Glocks are junk because some have had issues with poor ejection; broken slide rails, and other malfunctions. My G19 could not eject an empty casing worth a flip but many guys swear by them. Maybe just because mine is poor does not mean all of them are. The accuracy of my SR9C is as good as the G19 I own. I would not consider either tackdrivers compared to my CZs.