SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-06-2013, 22:56   #1
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

What are the "left/liberal" things you get?

What are liberal/leftist ideas that you are sympathetic to or at least can understand why a lot of people think it is a good idea? (and why?)

That doest mean you agree or support it (of course it could mean that) It simply means what I asked. What are some of the ideals of liberalism/ left leaning thought that you get?

For example. I am sympathetic to gay marriage.

Given the things said around here, I know plenty of you are sympathetic to price controls, unions, wage caps, socialized medicine...and a lot of other issues.

So, who is first?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 23:00   #2
Butcher
NRA Life Member

Gun control

Hahaha jk

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 23:02   #3
og23

Gay marriage, pro choice, separation of church and state. I think religion should not be a factor in any laws and freedom includes choices too.

Black Rifle Club #119

Last edited by og23; 03-06-2013 at 23:03..
og23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 23:04   #4
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

I am for the First Amendment and the division of church and state. I would hope there would be consvatives who would also not want a state based religion.
Old 03-06-2013, 23:13   #5
Clusterfrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by og23 View Post
Gay marriage, pro choice, separation of church and state. I think religion should not be a factor in any laws and freedom includes choices too.

+1

On the other hand I don't share liberals' support of gun control, limited access to wildlands, and a bunch of other things.
Old 03-06-2013, 23:19   #6
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

I support gay marriage. Got gay family. I hate seeing them discriminated against by laws made by religous types.
Old 03-06-2013, 23:28   #7
dizmodeus

Uh......................I like pie
dizmodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 23:32   #8
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
What are liberal/leftist ideas that you are sympathetic to or at least can understand why a lot of people think it is a good idea? (and why?)

That doest mean you agree or support it (of course it could mean that) It simply means what I asked. What are some of the ideals of liberalism/ left leaning thought that you get?

For example. I am sympathetic to gay marriage.

Given the things said around here, I know plenty of you are sympathetic to price controls, unions, wage caps, socialized medicine...and a lot of other issues.

So, who is first?
Gay Marriage. I dont care if Bill and Bob or Nancy and Sue want to get married. They cant possibly screw up marriage more than straight people already have.

Marijuana prohibition. It plain doesnt work.

Medicaid. If we dont provide basic level healthcare to the bums we will provide it at emergency centers at 10 times the price when the conditions are 10 times worse. Its about saving us taxpayers some money on the deal. I ould rather we pay a 50 dollar office visit and a 30 dollar script then they default on a 5k dollar emergency room and hospital stay that drives the cost of all of our healthcare even higher. Lots dont agree with me on that, I dont care.
Old 03-06-2013, 23:33   #9
vart

Environmental protection... To a point...

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 23:34   #10
vart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizmodeus View Post
Uh......................I like pie
Pro-lesbian??

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 23:35   #11
ray9898

I echo the above.....get out of the bedroom, let women make their own decisions and get religion out of politics.

Last edited by ray9898; 03-06-2013 at 23:36..
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 23:37   #12
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by og23 View Post

Same here.

Gay marriage - Let people decide for themselves what they want to do. It's not your right to try and dictate other people's lives based upon your own choices. ESPECIALLY when they don't believe the same stuff you do.

Abortion - See above.

Religion (Separation of Church and State) - See above.

I always get a laugh when someone claims they're republican and pro-small government, and then starts going on and on about how the government needs to be super big, so that it can force everybody to follow their beliefs, because somehow, they know what's best for everybody.

Pick one or the other, you can't have both.
TK-421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 23:50   #13
Harper

Abortion - I think it's wrong but I can't logically grant legal rights to something that can't biologically exist as an individual; especially rights that trump the rights of the individual whose body it is a part of.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 00:03   #14
ray9898

Both sides spout 'freedom' as long as the topic is inline with their agenda. The moment it is not is the moment they have no problem using the power of government to bring you in line.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 00:09   #15
HollowPoint .45
NRA Member

While I am mostly pro-life I can see where a woman who is a rape victim would want to have an abortion.

Was raised attanding Baptist churches, and while they were mostly good people, after witnessing first hand some of the foolishness ......

For example - Sister Sarah who just joined the church cant sing Amazing Grace because Sister Tina has been singing that song for 10 years. And Tina complains to the pastor after service that Sarah has stolen "her song".

Brother Bob is a professional landscaper and offers to cut the church grass for free. Deacon Jim won't let him because he's not sure that Bob will do a good job. Instead Jim brings his tractor and bush hog to church after a heavy rain, and gets stuck in the yard.

Oh yeah, I definately support the seperation of church and state.

MOLON LABE Come and get them!
HollowPoint .45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 00:11   #16
BEER
bad example

gay rights. they're people just like the rest of us. quit using your old book and morals to make them feel like 2nd class citizens.

abortion. seriously, unless you are personally willing to adopt that unwanted baby then shut your pie hole and get your nose out of everybody elses womb.

the separation of church and state. does this really need to be explained?
Old 03-07-2013, 00:20   #17
Tiro Fijo

Gay marriage proponents have a political agenda: to force the public to accept an aberration of Nature as normal. I accept that they exist & in all likelihood are born that way. However, why is it that these same people who want me to accept a genetic aberration balk at accepting any other human predisposition for any other given group? Due
to their agenda they have selective reasoning.

Shame used to be a wonderful societal glue that induced people to adhere to social norms. Look at the society of today and then tell me straight faced that we're better off.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 00:21   #18
Jakestir

Gay rights, pro choice, separation of church and state, health care (if done correctly), environmental protection, and minimum wage.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Jakestir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 00:29   #19
BEER
bad example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Gay marriage proponents have a political agenda: to force the public to accept an aberration of Nature as normal. I accept that they exist & in all likelihood are born that way. However, why is it that these same people who want me to accept a genetic aberration balk at accepting any other human predisposition for any other given group? Due

Shame used to be a wonderful societal glue that induced people to adhere to social norms. Look at the society of today and then tell me straight faced that we're better off.
so you'd rather go back to "the good ol' days" when it was acceptable to beat your wife, colored folks had their own water fountains, and women couldn't vote? you want to own slaves, or kill an entire race because they're different too?

society grew up and evolved. some of us realized that the **** that dosen't directly effect us should be left alone.

you either know what freedom is, or you don't.
Old 03-07-2013, 00:31   #20
Blast
'nuff said

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
I echo the above.....get out of the bedroom, let women make their own decisions and get religion out of politics.
Religion in politics? I guess some people have forgotten the 1st Amendment.

Environmental issues to a point.

Legalizing and regulating marijuana.

Other than some minor odds and ends that's about it.
I detest politically correctness. Practicality correctness is the way.
Old 03-07-2013, 00:35   #21
Blast
'nuff said

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
so you'd rather go back to "the good ol' days" when it was acceptable to beat your wife, colored folks had their own water fountains, and women couldn't vote? you want to own slaves, or kill an entire race because they're different too?

society grew up and evolved. some of us realized that the **** that dosen't directly effect us should be left alone.

you either know what freedom is, or you don't.
So someone who disagrees with gay marriage is a proponent of domestic violence, racism, slavery, and genocide?

Wow.
Old 03-07-2013, 00:39   #22
BEER
bad example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
So someone who disagrees with gay marriage is a proponent of domestic violence, racism, slavery, and genocide?

Wow.
no sir, not at all. go back and re-read it how he wrote it.
Old 03-07-2013, 00:42   #23
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post

I guess perhaps, some of the proponents do.

I'm simply a bystander. I couldn't care any less what two adults do, or who they find attractive/compatible.

Some guys like fat chicks, some guys like skinny chicks, some guys like other guys.

Why do you care, who someone else sleeps with?

As long as they're willing to leave me alone, and let me live out in the boonies with too many guns, my dogs, and my beer, I'm content to let them do whatever it is they feel is their god given right to do. And who he plays hide the sausage with, is hardly my concern.

To the OP, Gay Marriage, Abortion, and Religion (Above sep church and state)

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"

Last edited by AK_Stick; 03-07-2013 at 00:42..
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 00:42   #24
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Gay rights....

If they want to miserable as everybody else so be it.

Pro choice....

IMO no one should be able to tell a person what they can/can't do to their body.
Folsom_Prison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:05   #25
Taphius

Gay rights, abortion within certain time frames, some enviromental stuff.

Wish federal gov would stop trying to influence anything that is a personal choice thay does not affect the public in general.

Businesses that do not recieve public funding and eoe. Marriage and children benefits etc etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Taphius; 03-07-2013 at 01:17..
Taphius is offline   Reply With Quote