SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:49   #161
RYT 2BER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggin View Post
As is often the case in business, ego seems to be getting in the way. All he needs to do is issue a lame apology and change the numbers on the box flap. The ammo is still hotter than most, though not as good as Underwood. People would buy his stuff if he wasn't an arrogant jackass. As it is it looks like his company will go under before he cops to what he did.
You're probably right although he should also lower his prices...

He has lost a literal ton of business to Underwood already.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:20   #162
Andrew Wiggin

I agree but I think he could still stay in business even at the inflated prices if he was just honest.

A whole mess o' 10mm (and a few other caliber) ballistic tests here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Andrew Wiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 21:21   #163
Short Cut
CLM Number 88
PatrioticMember

Any way you slice it, Mike McNett helped to move the 10MM Auto cartridge forward in popularity and power. Times were getting pretty bleak there for those in search of Norma power levels back in the day. Folks were thinking the .40 S&W would supplant the 10MM when Mike picked up the torch.

His initial cartridges using Starline Brass were well made and consistent. His case discount made it attractively priced then too. Forum members were buying more and more with good reports. Then he got his own stamped nickel plated cases and to me that product coupled with the 200 grain XTP was a good reason to stop searching for the right 10MM round and just load up the truck. I've shot thousands of completely reliable rounds from that era and absolutely could not be happier with the round.

Another thing worth considering I think. In business it is common that initial set prices rise as time passes and the owner gets a truer picture of what his true costs are. Furthermore it is common in businesses like this that have fairly low cost of entry that new guys are frequently joining the market at low and likely unsustainable prices because they still don't know the full magnitude of their costs.

I'm sorry to see some of these recent issues and hopefully changes will be implemented to get back the QC of the not so distant past. It's not like us shooters are exactly flush with choices for 10MM, Mike has done good for the round and I hope he sticks around for a long time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Short Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:11   #164
mag360

Why are the 200gr noslers missing advertised velocity when ran through a 6" hunter barrel and around 100-150fps slower from a 4.6" barrel than advertised?
mag360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:13   #165
Andrew Wiggin

Mag360, DT used to load ammunition to the claimed velocities but several years ago, they reduced the loads and never changed the claims. Underwood, Buffalo Bore, and a few other companies make ammunition that meets their claims.

Take a look at this spreadsheet. It gives tested specs on quite a few 10mm loads. Just click on the bullet weight to see loads in that weight range.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250

Old 08-28-2013, 16:31   #166
mag360

thanks! I have that spreadsheet too. I've added some of pat Quinn's (gunblast.com) testing in as well with his 6.3" barrel and a couple other various loads he has done.
mag360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 16:59   #167
Andrew Wiggin

Great! Intercooler put it together with data gathered from his tests, Shadow's, and my own.

Old 02-13-2014, 18:52   #168
Slateman

So on their website they list hollow points but not a manufacturer. Who do they buy from?
Slateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 19:30   #169
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
So on their website they list hollow points but not a manufacturer. Who do they buy from?
They were called down on using the trademark names by Speer namely Gold Dot...now they are referred to as "bonded defense".
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 19:43   #170
Berto
woo woo

I don't wish anything ill toward DT, I also credit McNett with helping revitalize the 10mm, along with offering some uptempo loads in in other otherwise watered down calibers.
Still, I'm also disappointed with exaggerative claims that don't jive with the chrono and I have experienced that myself using the .44sp load from 3 guns over the chrono.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:55   #171
Slateman

Are they still being exaggerated? It's been 9 years since this thread was started. Have they not addressed the issue?
Slateman is offline   Reply With Quote