SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-22-2012, 21:20   #41
Veedubklown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR View Post
You're going to have to get a different gun then. You don't HAVE to, but...

the magazine tube on your gun is quite a bit different and not something you can just stick a +2 onto. You would have to find a magazine tube from a non-Sportsman gun and have it installed onto your gun before you even start with the +2. Changing magazine tubes is a big deal for even 870s and the like, can't imagine trying to get it done on a 100-year old gun.
Yeah, I'm aware of that, I'd also need to change the fore-end. I'm gonna keep it in the 3+1 capacity, and see how I like that. I loved it when it was longer, it sure handles nice cut down.

Tactical Shotguns

This is still the work in progress. Chopped the barrel to 18", and the LOP to 11.5". I'm thinking on how to redo the butt-pad, since mine didn't come with one. I had a slip-on recoil pad before, I may line it with a piece of kydex, then layer pieces of leather over it.

Another before shot;

Tactical Shotguns

Some shell holders and a sling, I think it'll be tons of fun.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:55   #42
Veedubklown

Tactical Shotguns
I found this shell holder, and thought, "what a great idea! Especially when my bolt locks open on empty, I have 2 more rounds to pork-load right there!" Too bad it uses a band that goes around the barrel, and that won't work with the A-5's long recoil operation, since the barrel moves 3 1/2" every shot like a howitzer. So I got to thinkin if I could make one...

I found a piece of 1913 rail in my parts drawer, and my 1" light mount, mounted my light, and made a "oh sh$% 2-pac", from kydex. Using 20ga shells to form the kydex, it provides excellent retention for the rounds in the holder, under fire. I was knockin the 4 out the gun as fast as I could to see if they'd shake lose, no dice. When I first molded it, I was swinging it all around by the center to see if the shells would fly out, sure dont.

Tactical Shotguns

Next step, butt-pad. This thing is killer on the shoulder with just sharp wood.

Found this butt-pad in my parts bin, it's off my original mossberg 500 stock, shaped it to fit. Much better.

Tactical Shotguns

Last to do is mount a front sight, sling studs, and sling. Sight and sling studs are already on the way, sling I'm still checkin around for. I've spent a total of about $15 above the purchace price so far for this gun, that was the front sight and sling studs.

Here it sits until I get a sight and studs.

Tactical Shotguns

Here's a close-up of the 2-pac I made.

Tactical Shotguns

Last edited by Veedubklown; 03-14-2013 at 00:48..
Veedubklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 21:27   #43
skud_dusty

That's pretty awesome, and a great idea for a shell holder. I just bought an old Winchester 140 and I was thinking on adding some shell holder to it. I like my M11 too much to use it for HD but feel a little undergunned with only 3 shells in the gun. I might have to steal your idea for some extra lead on board
Old 08-29-2012, 23:11   #44
Veedubklown

Cool if ya do, post a pic
Old 11-22-2012, 08:07   #45
Veedubklown

After cutting a few inches off the stock, the diameter of the stock wasn't what it used to be. I wanted to put a butt-cuff on, but it was all loose and just slipped around. A few minutes behind a sewing machine, and some screws to secure it in place....

Tactical Shotguns
Old 03-06-2013, 06:56   #46
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Mine is coming along a little better. I took mine to a gunsmith and he fixed the cycling issue, had a worn out shell latch that got fixed. I also won an auction on ebay for a barrel, it is about 20 inches or so and had half of a polychoke on it, so I am now trying to track down an adjustment ring for it. If I can't I may just get it cut down to 18.5 and maybe look into some choke tubes if it is possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 20:31   #47
Tony Rumore

I chopped mine and shortened the mag tube. It's 3+1.

Tony

Tactical Shotguns
Tony Rumore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 20:58   #48
badge315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubklown View Post
It came with a weaver choke brake on it, but no choke tubes. Weaver went out of business long ago from what I understand, and the replacement tubes are non-existent.
These guys may have what you're looking for...

http://www.corsonsbarrels.com/

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 00:45   #49
Veedubklown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Rumore View Post
I chopped mine and shortened the mag tube. It's 3+1.

Tony

Tactical Shotguns
Sure hope you put in your SBS paperwork before you hit the saw. Also, I would have extended the mag tube rather than cut it that short. Trade ya receivers? lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badge315 View Post
These guys may have what you're looking for...

http://www.corsonsbarrels.com/
Little late now, lol. I love this thing chopped down, for sure.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:54   #50
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubklown View Post
Sure hope you put in your SBS paperwork before you hit the saw. Also, I would have extended the mag tube rather than cut it that short. Trade ya receivers? lol.

Little late now, lol. I love this thing chopped down, for sure.
Why does this always happen? Someone always assumes all NFA items are not on the level. Why? Are all the posters morons that they'd post an unregistered, thus, illegal item that would net them 10 years in club fed?

To the author of the quoted. Let's say it wasn't papered. What would you do? Turn them in? What idiot would admit to a federal felony? What is the purpose of questioning the legal status of a firearm? Do we ask if a handgun is registered? Eg. In Durham NC all handguns must be registered at the sheriffs office.

How about we all pledge to never ask the question about NFA items again?
nursetim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:49   #51
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I believe if you pay attention to certain things you will also find that the esteemed Mr. Rumore is a class 2 manufacturer so it's legal for him to make these sorts of things.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 22:40   #52
Veedubklown

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
Why does this always happen? Someone always assumes all NFA items are not on the level. Why? Are all the posters morons that they'd post an unregistered, thus, illegal item that would net them 10 years in club fed?

To the author of the quoted. Let's say it wasn't papered. What would you do? Turn them in? What idiot would admit to a federal felony? What is the purpose of questioning the legal status of a firearm? Do we ask if a handgun is registered? Eg. In Durham NC all handguns must be registered at the sheriffs office.

How about we all pledge to never ask the question about NFA items again?
I hereby solemnly swear to never again question the legality of an NFA item again on GT. However, That chopped down A5 is super slick, and I'm awfully envious. That was more the point of that post, than to try to insult anyone's intelligence.