Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-04-2013, 22:01   #21
I'M Glockamolie

My neighbor and I made one of these, which you mount in the wall:

Tactical Shotguns
Old 03-04-2013, 23:12   #22
cliffsta
Who, me?

Leaned in the corner next to my bed, full tube and a shell in the chamber. Safety ON. Earmuffs hanging on the light. I live alone and RARELY have guests. When I do have company or go out of town I'll reload it with an empty chamber. It is also pointing away from my neighbors, skyward.

The AR is in the opposite corner behind a closet door with a full mag and empty chamber. Glock stays in the holster on my end table when I'm home and up, in the nightstand when I'm asleep / away. Full mag +1.

It all depends on your living situation. I live alone, and don't often have company, therefore I'm playing defense from the bedroom if anybody comes in my front door / window. Defense wins championships.

NRA Member
cliffsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:00   #23
JackMac

one next to my bed, one in the corner of my living room/den, one in the kitchen next to the fridge, one in an upstairs closet and one in a recreation room upstairs on a wall mounted gun rack. Can't be too careful you know
Old 03-05-2013, 18:01   #24
JackMac

A friend who knows about these shotguns asked me what I was afraid of and I replied not a darn thing.
Old 03-05-2013, 19:26   #25
owl6roll

Send a message via AIM to owl6roll
5 in the tube, muzzle down, in the corner, behind the bedroom door.
Old 03-05-2013, 23:59   #26
wlst101

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMac View Post
one next to my bed, one in the corner of my living room/den, one in the kitchen next to the fridge, one in an upstairs closet and one in a recreation room upstairs on a wall mounted gun rack. Can't be too careful you know
That is just simply awesome!
wlst101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 13:44   #27
droptrd

Young boys in my house. My safe is in the basement but i have an 8 gun locker in my bedroom. My 12ga is kept in the locker with a full tube and unloaded chamber with safety off. Its not ideal but keeping out and unlocked is not an option at this time in my life. The trick is to practice opening the locker and getting the gun.
droptrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 13:58   #28
xdime
Drunken Sailor

Have you looked at these... http://www.hideagun.net/home/hideagun---shotgun

If you mounted it high enough out of reach a child would never know it was there.
xdime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 14:17   #29
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummerbike View Post
No kids here. Fully loaded with chambered round, safety on, muzzle down in bedroom corner. OO buck.
Don't want to take a chance on short stroking and jamming it when I need it the most. By keeping the chamber loaded I'm guaranteed at least one shot. Also, its quieter that way.

`Yup!....Copy that.
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:49   #30
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

Full 20 round drum, bolt carrier open, just under my side of the bed. I move it to the top shelf in the closet on weekends where I have my daughter.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:00   #31
sublime

My safe is next to the bed and I open the door at night. The gun has the magazine loaded, nothing in the chamber. I'm thinking about putting some brackets over the bedroom door and hanging it there during the night.
sublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:21   #32
Jfduece

only one mention above for the Shotlock? really?! check it out...

http://www.shotlock.com/SoloVault.asp

why have a gun if it isn't ready to go and accesible? if something goes bump in the night you probably won't have the time or mental capacitiy to get it out of the safe and/or load it. I have kids and I think this is the best comprimise. I have it mounted in my closet, which I really think is too far, but best I can do for now. if I had a bed frame, I would mount it directly to the frame.
Jfduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 13:09   #33
whoops dude

8 in the tube and one in the chamber with the safety on. Propped in the corner beside my bed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Deuteronomy 15:11
You cannot follow Christ and not care about others.
whoops dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 13:49   #34
deadmanglocking

Tube loaded, empty chamber, on safe. My side of the bed. Id like yo keep it loaded but I have a 16 month old running around. During the day it goes to the unlocked but closed safe(closed closet door and bedroom door, child is not allowed in the room without us present)

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
deadmanglocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 13:00   #35
TrailGun

Hearing Protection

"cliffsta" gave some good advice about having ear protectors next to the shotgun,
or any HD weapon. And preferably electronic to amplify and identify the unknown sounds.
TrailGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 00:22   #36
dajcarroll

Winchester 1300 12 gauge leaned up in the corner next to my bed, 7 in the mag, 1 in the chamber. Safety on, but I also always have a pistol on my night stand. I rotate between my S&W .38spl and Glock 37 .45 GAP. Neither have safeties.

Tactical Shotguns

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
dajcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 13:36   #37
TheGlock46

1st line of defense is I live in a gated 24/7 guarded community with zero crime.

2nd line of defense is i have an alarm always turned on a night, so any intruder would wake me and hopefully run off before i need to take him down.. (saves me a whole lot in legal fee's the way i see it)

3rd line of defense is my Glock 19, chambered under my bed in a small safe. 4 quick easy presses of a key and i'm ready. That's my first grab. Depending on the situation, perhaps hand it to the wife to cover me.

4th line of defense is to immediately retreat to my closet, where my 870 tactical is sitting, loaded with '00' not chambered. It is however on a combination lock gun safe..

I have two young boys 7&8, so locking it away is essential. I have it set on the first number so all i have to do is spin it one way then the other. I've been practicing this and i can get the lock open, my electronic ears on and the gun out in 4 seconds. No point going deaf over an intruder ! lol

Next line of defense is to rack that bad boy, so that they hear what's coming. Then move to the hallway, investigate, and fire as necessary. If for whatever reason i get taken down my wife, who'll have the glock all ready to go, is to use me as cover and finish the job with the glock. All from upstairs, since we have an advantage point from there.

All that being said, there's only a 99.9999999999% it'll actually ever happen... but if it does I'll be ready !

oh and the cops will already be on their way thanks to the alarm monitoring service.

Last edited by TheGlock46; 03-14-2013 at 13:37..
TheGlock46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 23:50   #38
r3dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'M Glockamolie View Post
My neighbor and I made one of these, which you mount in the wall:

Tactical Shotguns
That is fricking awesome.
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:30   #39
Booker

Mas Ayoob in his book Stress Fire II, recommends the following for a Pump Shotgun.
Magazine Loaded
Chamber Empty
Hammer Cocked
Safety On

This requires anyone who gains access to the weapon to manipulate the slide release, take off the safety, rack and load the shotgun, then fire. This is a very safe way to store a shotgun if you have toddlers about. Also will buy you time if a bad guy gets your weapon if they are unfamiliar with a Pumps' manual of arms!
Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 18:05   #40
Maine1

Renownd tactical Shotgun expert Joe Biden advised me to load only two rounds, and then fire both to scare the intruder away.
I think this is sound advice, given the man is such a deadly weapon that he is surrounded by Secret Service agents 24-7 to protect US from HIM.

FWIW: 590, full tube, bayonette mounted. beside the bed or in safe, with a well trained kid in house. handguns in a lockbox bedside, 24-7.

Last edited by Maine1; 03-15-2013 at 18:06..
Maine1 is offline   Reply With Quote