SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2013, 14:07   #1
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

ALL Big Foot sighting are......

during the day according to all the alleged footage presented by "witnesses", so why in the heck do the bigfoot hunters or whatever they are always search in the dark when Bigfoot is asleep in a cave?

what say you?

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 14:44   #2
countrygun

It has long been known, among the Indians of NW coast, that a Sasquatch with insomnia is likely to be careless when he gets up to raid the fridge.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 14:51   #3
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

even the bigfoot commercials show him getting chimed on with beef jerky during the day. so why the night attempts by the "pros"....? im missing something.....

Old 02-12-2013, 17:29   #4
Michael Rye

Big Foot is easy to find...you just have to look in the blurry part of the forest!
Michael Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 20:24   #5
Dawolf

Because the night optics are way cool dudes...........
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 17:36   #6
freespirit34
BMFTSY

I'm with DaWolf on this one. Night vision and thermal imaging are the best reasons to hunt at night. Plus, it adds to the degree of difficulty.
Old 02-16-2013, 21:12   #7
NMOFT

I don't always hunt Sasquatch, but when I do I prefer the night.

NMOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 20:37   #8
Dawolf

Stay squatchy my friend.....
Old 02-23-2013, 10:56   #9
walt cowan

seen one in the evening and jumped one in the dark. scared the hell out of both of us.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:51   #10
Gonetodarkside
owl protector

When I saw what you would call "bigfoot," or, "Sasquatch" it was at night.

I have a different perspective on this situation as I am sure the majority of you do since I have seen the thing and know without a doubt it is real.. I don't see the lack of thermal imagery of them as evidence that they don't exist, to me it highlights the fact that thermal is not the be all end all of surveillance.
Gonetodarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 19:31   #11
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonetodarkside View Post

I have a different perspective on this situation as I am sure the majority of you do since I have seen the thing and know without a doubt it is real.. I don't see the lack of thermal imagery of them as evidence that they don't exist, to me it highlights the fact that thermal is not the be all end all of surveillance.
tell us more. have the bigfoot hunters or whatever they are on t.v. spoken with you?

Old 03-04-2013, 19:53   #12
Dawolf

Quote:

Where and when, pray tell?????
Old 03-04-2013, 20:32   #13
Gonetodarkside
owl protector

No I have not spoken with any of those people on the tv shows, but I have a litmus test for knowing if someone is bsing about seeing what I saw.

I will break the story down I guess for you guys.

I lived on a pretty large for east Texas ranch then, this happened about 10 years ago. Myself, and a friend were spotlighting for hogs and to be honest were looking for a large cat that we had seen before. We were riding in an old cj7 that would barely run, it had no doors and no top. I had my .30-06 and my friend had his AR with him, neither of us were drinking. We were traveling down a narrow trail through a particularly hairy bottom about 150 yards east of a large creek. The trail opened up to a fairly good sized opening, about 3 acres. The pasture was dotted with cedar trees. As we came into the clearing I caught motion out of the left corner of my left eye. I turned the spotlight to the motion and saw what looked like a giant broad shouldered dark man. He was walking parrallel to us and swinging his arms front to back. As the light shown on him, it turned to face us and stood with this spotlight directly in its face at less than 100 yards. Even with the light that close, most of what you could see is a dark sillouette of a giant man, with huge shoulders, and very wide eyes. I noticed that it didnt blink or shudder at the light in its eyes. When the creature stopped walking and stared at us, he was next to a large cedar tree. He appeared to be approx 3/4 of the height of the tree. I later determined the tree was better than 15 feet tall. We drove past in the jeep and neither of us said a word. After we passed it I turned off the light and looked at my friend. He asked me what the F was that and we turned the light back to it. It was down on all fours in a sprinter like stance looking like it was ready to chase us down. It was the most terrifying experience of both of our lives. We were well armed and terrified. We hauled butt. When we got to the next gate we were approx a half a mile from the sighting and my buddy ran to the gate to open it, almost acting desperately, but not without his AR and I had to scan the area with the spotlight the entire time.

A few days later I ran into the old man who lived on the southwest corner of the ranch. He had been there his entire life. I asked him if he had "ever seen anything funny out there?" His reply was, "was it about seven and a half feet tall?" He went on to explain that no one had seen them since he was a kid, but that people would often see them crossing the road in the river bottoms in 2 or 3 paces when he was a child.

A year later, a friend of mine married a girl whose father worked for the power company. There was a large power line easement on the northeast corner of the property. He asked me if I lived on the big ranch in winona, I said yes. He then told me he had seen a nine foot long black bear run across the highway approx 400 yards from where I saw the creature. Black bears do not have big wide broad shoulders. He had seen the same thing I had.

So, my litmus test is this. When someone says they saw bigfoot, if they describe overwhelming fear, the fealing of being a sheep looking at a lion, I listen. Otherwise they did not have the same experience myself and my friend did.
Old 03-04-2013, 20:52   #14
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

i wonder why there is proof of them other than hear say stories? they seem to be abondant in the lower 48 yet nobody can provide proof, just speculation.

this isnt like the coelacanth which was only seen in fossils until one was caught, we dont even have those of big foot.

Old 03-04-2013, 20:56   #15
Gonetodarkside
owl protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
i wonder why there is proof of them other than hear say stories? they seem to be abondant in the lower 48 yet nobody can provide proof, just speculation.

this isnt like the coelacanth which was only seen in fossils until one was caught, we dont even have those of big foot.

I have wondered about that myself. Based upon my anecdotal experience, I think the people that really see it are only concerned with escaping it. All preconceived notions of killing it and doing whatever go out the window.

Also, I believe I saw a second set of eyes just to the south, behind, of the creature. I have wondered if they travel in groups and even work to conceal their location/sign/remains. I know it sounds crazy but I have tried to figure out how it could make sense and be possible given what I saw.
Old 03-04-2013, 21:07   #16
Revvv

Let's say the big ape exists; where is the evidence? Where are the feces samples, the hair, teeth, etc? Where are the dead remains?

In today's America hiding isn't easy. You will be found. With that being said; this creature isn't going to be found because it doesn't exist.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 21:34   #17
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

i think you will find the answer here...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 03-12-2013 at 08:30..
Old 03-04-2013, 22:34   #18
AsSeenOnTV

While working in the field I saw this huge 2 legged furry beast take a bite out of a moose's haunches like it was a KFC chicken leg, and then when it heard my camera clicking away, it dropped the moose and ran off into the trees, I was too skeered to give pursuit, but I did get some pics of its footprints it left in the snow:
The Furball Forum

And the moose.
The Furball Forum
AsSeenOnTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 23:16   #19
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rye View Post
Big Foot is easy to find...you just have to look in the blurry part of the forest!
Awesome!
Old 03-04-2013, 23:33   #20
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
We were riding in an old cj7 that would barely run, it had no doors and no top. I had my .30-06 and my friend had his AR with him, neither of us were drinking. We were traveling down a narrow trail through a particularly hairy bottom about 150 yards east of a large creek. The trail opened up to a fairly good sized opening, about 3 acres. The pasture was dotted with cedar trees. As we came into the clearing I caught motion out of the left corner of my left eye. I turned the spotlight to the motion and saw what looked like a giant broad shouldered dark man. He was walking parrallel to us and swinging his arms front to back. As the light shown on him, it turned to face us and stood with this spotlight directly in its face at less than 100 yards. Even with the light that close, most of what you could see is a dark sillouette of a giant man, with huge shoulders, and very wide eyes. I noticed that it didnt blink or shudder at the light in its eyes. When the creature stopped walking and stared at us, he was next to a large cedar tree. He appeared to be approx 3/4 of the height of the tree. I later determined the tree was better than 15 feet tall.
I don't believe you, just because I don't believe.

But did you see something or is the whole story made up? I believe you believe you saw something.

I don't know what. A man? A man in costume trying to trick people? A bear? Some other animal? A bush or tree? I don't know.

It is a great story. A scary story. Fills the imagination, and makes hair on the back of the neck stand up.

If we assume a bigfoot, he certainly heard you driving. Why not stop and just watch you go by? Why not crouch down? They are obviously elusive, so it is strange one would get seen that way. Maybe he's used to cars just driving by, kinda like deer are.

What about tracking it the next day? Get some buddies, some dogs, whatever. Might find prints to tell you what it was.

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 03-04-2013 at 23:37..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote