Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-03-2013, 22:02   #21
waktasz
Gamer Scumbag

First USPSA match of the season was a classifier match. Assuming I did the math right, my average is now 86.6%, which means I will make Master in Limited once the database update runs on the 15th.

Video and match discussion here
http://www.super-tactical.com/2013/0...on-review.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
waktasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 16:34   #22
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

Waktasz,

What's the cost on the glasses?, how is the battery life? Any thing you DON'T like about them ( size, weight, fit, etc)?

On a side note, what scope is on your AR?

73's
Old 03-04-2013, 21:56   #23
GWG19

Way cool. I have a set of the i Kam glasses they work ok. That pair you have seems to better might have to look into them.
- If youíre not moving, youíre dead.
GWG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 23:32   #24
waktasz
Gamer Scumbag

I had a pair of those, the video quality was not nearly as good, and they felt cheap compared to the Pivotheads....they also broke right in half after about 8 months of use.

Old 03-04-2013, 23:35   #25
waktasz
Gamer Scumbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEC-Memphis View Post
Waktasz,

What's the cost on the glasses?, how is the battery life? Any thing you DON'T like about them ( size, weight, fit, etc)?

On a side note, what scope is on your AR?

73's
They are $299. The battery will outlast the memory capacity, which is probably right around an hour at 1080p. I've never tried any other video settings honestly and I've never tried to run the battery all the way down either. I don't really have any complaints at all about them...except maybe that they are a bit thick on the sides and if I didn't wear molded ear plugs they might interfere with the seal of my muffs against my ears.

I have a Bushnell Elite 1-6.5x on my AR.

Old 03-11-2013, 14:18   #26
mosher

waktasz, which pivothead frames do yo have? The recons? And what color lense do you prefer with these glasses for USPSA shooting?
mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 18:12   #27
waktasz
Gamer Scumbag

Yes, I have the Recons. I like to shoot with clear lenses. I've tried red, yellow, polarized gray and smoke lenses and I think I see the sights better with just clear, unless the sun is right in my face.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:40   #28
mosher

Quote:
Originally Posted by waktasz View Post
Yes, I have the Recons. I like to shoot with clear lenses. I've tried red, yellow, polarized gray and smoke lenses and I think I see the sights better with just clear, unless the sun is right in my face.
I have to use prescription lenses and am looking at the recon and trying to decide between clear or clear/grey photochromatic. Any recommendation?
mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 18:17   #29
waktasz
Gamer Scumbag

I haven't tried to photo chromatic lenses. I've used all three of the included lenses that came with my pair but I just feel like I see better with the clear.

Old 03-12-2013, 18:25   #30
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Will have to view the rest of the videos later.

Stages in the first video look awfully familiar.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 22:06   #31
waktasz
Gamer Scumbag

Shot Open for the first time on Saturday.

The gun is a Glock 22 slide with a Trijicon RMR dual illumination optic mounted on my Limited gun frame. It went OK except for one stage where I forgot how to shoot a plate rack. The dot really shows you how bad your trigger technique is.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:29   #32
waktasz
Gamer Scumbag

Shot my first match with my full Open division rig. It's a Glock 22 slide with Trijicon RMR low mounted in the slide, a KKM barrel and comp and that's pretty much it. I put this top end on my Limited gun and it makes a decent, although maybe not ideal Open gun.

Old 04-22-2013, 14:21   #33
waktasz
Gamer Scumbag

Myself and two friends shot the Colt 3 Man 3 Gun event in Topton PA yesterday. I shot my customized Glock 24, along with my AR and Winchester SX2. The match went well except for a bad case of brain cramping by myself which almost caused a DQ.

I did a writeup and posted video here.
http://www.super-tactical.com/2013/0...pton-2013.html

Last edited by waktasz; 04-22-2013 at 14:31..
Old 05-09-2013, 21:36   #34
waktasz
Gamer Scumbag

Went back to a fiber front sight for this month's USPSA match. I think I will stick with it, but I felt a little tentative with it, especially on the first two stages.