Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2012, 13:40   #21
alabaster
Swollen Member

+1. I wont buy Remington ANYTHING anymore. It started with ammo, went to the 700, and now encompasses everything they make. Hopefully they'll get back on track. They certainly have the ability, I think they just got to resting on their laurels and making some bad decisions around the 700, I Believe because it's the bread and butter of Big Green.
Old 03-03-2013, 15:20   #22
Cheri81

i just got my new Glock 19 (supposed to be a gen 3 but not sure now) and it shot fine for my husband but all 3 mags i shot would either FTF or FTE

it was like shoot-clear-shoot-shoot-clear-shoot-duck shell in face-shoot-jam-shoot-jam-shoot-shoot-slide fail to lock back after last shot

I am sure it is me since he had no issues but still i have never been so disappointed and frustrated with any firearm in my life it just sucked the fun right out of my Sunday Shooting Time I didn't even get my other guns out after that just took my stuff and left

and with 9mm ammo so scarce i didn't want to keep wasting it on a bad day

If anyone has ANY suggestions what i may have been doing wrong please help me out or i am liable to pin it to the target and pepper it with the Hi-Point 40 that NEVER fails and only cost me $149 rather than $549 for a gun i am quickly learning to hate
Cheri81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 22:08   #23
Bama15

Quote:
Originally Posted by S281SC View Post
These guns are NOT good to go out of the box. Actually greggh you are probably doing nothing wrong at all. I just bought a Gen 4 Glock 19 3 weeks ago. I took it shooting this weekend. I had 21 malfuctions in 5 magazines. I was using 3 different types of high quality ammo. I also had two other guys shoot it, just to make sure I wasn't interfering with the weapon. I called the Glock technicians and there is a G23 spring installed in my weapon and the wrong ejector in my weapon. Look on the ejector, if it has the serial number 336, call the technician line and get them to send you the new ejector. The new ejector should have the number 30274 on it. Also, make sure your RSA has the number 043 stamped on it

I know there are a lot of guys that swear by the reliability of a Glock, but mine is nothing but a paper weight until I get these parts in. I was so mad at the end of my range session that I wanted to pin the Glock to the target and shoot it with my SIG.

Check your spring and ejector and see if those are the issue. I guarantee that is the problem. Limpwristing it has nothing to do with it. Good luck!

I just got mt Glock 19 4th Gen and had not one malfunction!! I hear all these people say they are getting hit when gun ejects. Not a problem with that either. I was worried about the ejecting problem but mine ran like a scalded dog!! GLOCK there is no substitute. I was only shooting 115gr ammo also.. Which I have heard from people causes many malfunctions. I am more than happy with mine. Bought Sig Sauer 40 also and it rand flawlessly too!!

Last edited by Bama15; 05-11-2013 at 22:10..
Bama15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 18:02   #24
Bama15

I bought my Glock 19 Gen 4 & have had no problems!! I have only shot 115 grain cheap ammo & no ejections even coming close to my head. I read all these post & almost did not get it!! My friend bought a sig. So I was going to do the same. I thought I will stick with the Glock. I LOVE IT!!! So glad I did not change my mind!!
Bama15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 21:38   #25
BobPistol

I have a Glock 19, purchased new. Had some initial problems, stovepipes, FTF's. After improving my grip and shooting 1000+ rounds to break it in, it rocks without incident. Great solid gun.

Maybe you need to break it in.

Last edited by BobPistol; 06-23-2013 at 21:38..
BobPistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 18:13   #26
cityborncountrylivin

I've had two glock 19's gen 2 and never had a malfunction with either one. Same with my G27 gen 2, G29 gen 2. I've had a couple of FTE 's with my G20 but that was after a couple of surgeries on Right wrist and elbow.
cityborncountrylivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:49   #27
LarimerGlock

Shot at local range yesterday with my Glock 30S, G26 & G19. The G30S is Gen 3 and the G26 & G19 both Gen 4. Each worked flawlessly, no FTE or FTL issues using Remington FMJ ammo. Each weapon has after market Lone Wolf 3.5 connector, Brass Stacker stainless recoil spring assembly, and Glock Store titanium firing pin safety.
LarimerGlock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g19, malfunctions