GVFlyer

This is pretty Orwellian.

http://www.specialops.org/
GVFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:33   #27
GVFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
The article mentions the capability of detecting ONLY long guns. So the ultra-expensive all-porcelain Glock 7 can still be carried in an observed environment ... for now.
You've been watching "Die Hard 2: Die Harder" again, haven't you?

Old 03-03-2013, 10:33   #28
capnjim01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Tobacco has killed more Americans than maryjanes... and let's not forget the health costs related to lung cancers.
Yes but to be fair more people smoke tobacco and more often. I don't think somebody could be a pack a day maryjane smoker, doubt they could even move after half a pack.

Last edited by capnjim01; 03-03-2013 at 10:34..
capnjim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:35   #29
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdaar View Post
Wonder what kind of damage a cheap quad rotor rc toy would do to those predators if it was flown kamakazi style into it?
From what little I have read. They fly too fast/high for most RC stuff. Its dang hard to fly into a moving target (even if you has speed/range/power)
Shooting up is dang h ard to hit a target. How high do you think they fly? How much lead do you need for a drone?
This assumes you even see the thing.
BTW looks like they are getting a bunch in Grand Forks. (to patrol the border) We have so dang many illegals comming from Canada. (just to get away from health car I assume)
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:37   #30
GVFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Tobacco has killed more Americans than maryjanes... and let's not forget the health costs related to lung cancers.
Your monotonous return to the same refrain regardless of thread topic makes one wonder what kind of flora might be a part of your "Florist" business.

Last edited by GVFlyer; 03-03-2013 at 10:38..
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43   #31
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

[QUOTE=larry_minn;20051901
BTW looks like they are getting a bunch in Grand Forks. (to patrol the border) We have so dang many illegals comming from Canada. (just to get away from health car I assume)[/QUOTE]

Yeah...those sneaky Canadians have been biding their time and waiting for the southern border issues to take the heat off of them while they come over here to buy up our cheap smokes, beer and TVs...

My mother is Canadian....or at least she was until she finally got her US citizenship in 2007 so she could vote against Obama at 87 years old. Even after that....I still keep an eye on her...can't trust those hockey fanatics!!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:48   #32
FireForged
Millenium #3936

For all this drone talk... cops in choppers have been doing the same exact thing in every large city in this nation since the 70's. So now its a unmanned aircraft rather than a couple of guys with tech in a noisey chopper. Whats the difference as far as a citizens personal intrusion? Not much.

People make a big deal of a drone flying over a sporting arena but couldnt care less about the LAPD choppers that have been over and around their neighborhood for a decade.

Personally I do not feel violated if someone sees what they can see from a perfectly lawful place no matter if its a chopper, drone, balloon in the sky or a dude on top of a skyscraper with a telescope. If I am missing something sinister, please explain.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:01   #33
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

The Okie Corral
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:02   #34
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
You've been watching "Die Hard 2: Die Harder" again, haven't you?
Again? ... Still!

That Willis rant is the definitive Glock moment. That every detail of it is fiction has become ... Irrelevant!
Old 03-04-2013, 13:14   #35
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Joe Biden says just stick a shotgun out the window. Simple.

The Okie Corral
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 13:34   #36
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post
From what little I have read. They fly too fast/high for most RC stuff. Its dang hard to fly into a moving target (even if you has speed/range/power)
Shooting up is dang h ard to hit a target. How high do you think they fly? How much lead do you need for a drone?
BTW looks like they are getting a bunch in Grand Forks. (to patrol the border) We have so dang many illegals comming from Canada. (just to get away from health car I assume)

It's more socially acceptable and easier to protect our borders from Canadians, than from the Southern border where the largest potential voter base comes from.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 13:39   #37
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post

Even if you could fly a modestly sized RC airplane into the Reaper, it'd destroy your RC and fly home with nothing more than a few chips in its paint and body panels.

they're pretty tough, and damn big compared to an RC. You'd lose.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 18:23   #38
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Joe Biden says just stick a shotgun out the window. Simple.

The Okie Corral
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:02   #39
eccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK19FTW View Post
Well yeah.. after all, dumbass Jesse Jackson claimed that semiautos could "take down commercial aircrafts and blow up railroads" LOL!!

What the actual *blank*.

I've heard a lot of rediculous misconceptions about semi autos, but that is the worst.

Unless there's a "heavy artillery" section next to the hunting section I don't know about
eccho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:09   #40
Gonetodarkside
owl protector

At what point do the useful idiots wake up? Is it when you are disarming and interring your fellow citizens? Or is it when they are done with you and line you up on the wall as well?

It seems there is no end of .gov employees willing to rationalize every little step towards the brave the world. Guess what guys, its gonna get you too.
Gonetodarkside is offline   Reply With Quote