SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:53   #26
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Someone laughing, at roughly the 0:02:29 reload, makes me think it is satire.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:57   #27
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Ahh, great deduction there....

I figured it out by the word "pretend" in the title.....
Old 03-01-2013, 12:05   #28
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Nothing gets past you, does it?
Old 03-01-2013, 12:11   #29
mknpwr

Old video, seen this one. Thought it was a new one. Carry on, nothing new to see here...

Sent from my rotary dial phone
mknpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 13:48   #30
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Fun silliness!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 14:10   #31
NDCent
Socially Inept

Don't run with a stick!
Old 03-01-2013, 16:17   #32
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

just saw the video... I laughed...
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 16:47   #33
FireForged
Millenium #3936

They are playing games and being silly with real firearms... Yeah its funny but its not responsible behavior at that distance and its not "training". I like ole hickok and watch many of his videos but I wont defend this specific behavior.
Old 03-01-2013, 17:23   #34
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireForged View Post
They are playing games and being silly with real firearms... Yeah its funny but its not responsible behavior at that distance and its not "training". I like ole hickok and watch many of his videos but I wont defend this specific behavior.
If Hickok was out there with some newb and was just "showing off", I'd agree with you. But it is NOT irresponsible. He and his cohort were in complete control of their weapons at all times, they weren't sweeping back and forth over each other when reloading, and they weren't firing recklessly without knowing their target and what was behind the target.

I've been accused on this forum of being "anti-gun in disguise", but the people who are so ready and eager to condemn a SERIOUSLY well-seasoned shooter who's out having some fun.......it just boggles my mind.

Last edited by WarCry; 03-01-2013 at 17:39..
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 17:24   #35
GermanyBound
One Bad Monkey

Send a message via AIM to GermanyBound Send a message via Yahoo to GermanyBound
Quote:
OH NOES! It's not "training". Not everything with a firearm has to be training and serious. Sometimes you just want to blow **** up.
Old 03-01-2013, 17:55   #36
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

I want to steal this

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyBound View Post
Sometimes you just want to blow **** up.
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 19:58   #37
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
If Hickok was out there with some newb and was just "showing off", I'd agree with you. But it is NOT irresponsible. He and his cohort were in complete control of their weapons at all times, they weren't sweeping back and forth over each other when reloading, and they weren't firing recklessly without knowing their target and what was behind the target.

I've been accused on this forum of being "anti-gun in disguise", but the people who are so ready and eager to condemn a SERIOUSLY well-seasoned shooter who's out having some fun.......it just boggles my mind.
Well said, Hickok is a real guy who enjoys guns, and bringing the love of guns to people. He does his due diligence, and is plenty safe. He is an asset to our community, and I enjoy what he does.
Old 03-01-2013, 20:03   #38
*ASH*

that was great lol .
Old 03-01-2013, 20:33   #39
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
I shoot frangible ammo at near contact distant frequently in training.

What if he was shooting frangible ammo?
It was certainly staged, so no telling what he was using. Not too much different than the movies Cuomo wants to make in NYC and wants to exempt Hollywood from the NYS assault weapons and magazines so they can make their violent movies.

Only difference is Hickok doesn't want to ban others from using those guns, and he's only pretending to scare off, not kill.

Not a video I would have made. Maybe 20 years ago I would have done it, as fiction,but not now

Old 03-01-2013, 20:39   #40
Airborne Infantryman
Future JBT

Quote:
OH NOES! It's not "training". Not everything with a firearm has to be training and serious. Sometimes you just want to blow **** up.
Nothing makes me laugh more than civilians who spend thousands on taking one or two Travis Haley classes, then think they're some sort of elite, badass, all-knowing super soldiers.

Quite frankly, here are the facts -

1. Its his property.
2. Its his ammo.
3. He can do whatever the **** he wants.

You uppity ****-tards would have a heart attack if you ever saw cokeman's videos on YouTube.
Airborne Infantryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 22:59   #41
hardint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
Nothing makes me laugh more than civilians who spend thousands on taking one or two Travis Haley classes, then think they're some sort of elite, badass, all-knowing super soldiers.

Quite frankly, here are the facts -

1. Its his property.
2. Its his ammo.
3. He can do whatever the **** he wants.

You uppity ****-tards would have a heart attack if you ever saw cokeman's videos on YouTube.
I love Hickok45 videos, this one is a little different but as stated above it's all His and there having some fun, and everyone can Choose to watch it or not,I enjoyed it and had not seen that one but have watched many episodes demonstrating firearms that I want or have or am interested in and are well done.
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 23:00   #42
hardint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_plinking View Post
Well said, Hickok is a real guy who enjoys guns, and bringing the love of guns to people. He does his due diligence, and is plenty safe. He is an asset to our community, and I enjoy what he does.
Agree 100 %
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:45   #43
Rotn1

Just watching this and am grinning ear to ear.

If there was any prior doubt, I guess we can say the slide fire stocks work.
Rotn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:31   #44
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough44 View Post
I think the sound of full auto fire is enough to keep trespassers away.
Link was down before I saw it. That said I have to comment on this.

I was with a pistol action league. In summer/gravel pit we had a "SKS night" Basicly one guy brought a SKS so we agreed next week bring your long arm. Couple SKS, ARs, H&K P91? few lever actions.... (you get idea)
So we have bowling pins at 100 yds. Everyone lined up you fire one shot/next person (standing no brace) THEN mass fire on remaining pins.
This pickup with 70+ yr old gent/his wife in old beater pickup come driving up. "Heard the shootin, thougt we should see what is going on as it sounded like a war"
We had a Deputy as well as city cop who had their radios along. Just in case anyone called in gang war in very remote area. (course every Officer in nearest 5 towns would still be outmaned/gunned by group)
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 14:49   #45
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post
Link was down before I saw it. That said I have to comment on this.
Link is still in the 19th post of this thread

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 03-02-2013 at 14:49..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:20   #46
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Quote:
My point is that I realize that some levels of "training" have significantly more risk and danger than other levels of training. In the name of necessary "training", some risks are accepted by virtue of the fact that the gain outweighs the potential risks. At the same time, I understand that training and use of firearms are not always going to be under perfect or best conditions. All that being said, goofing around for the sake of goofing around and being unserious with firearms is something I do not support. Purhaps if they had done the same thing at a greater distance I wouldnt feel the same way but they didnt. Its not that I am some uptight firearms guy, im not. I just wouldnt do what I saw in this video.

Last edited by FireForged; 03-03-2013 at 10:21..
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:27   #47
WarCry

Quote:
My point is that I realize that some levels of "training" have significantly more risk and danger than other levels of training. In the name of necessary "training", some risks are accepted by virtue of the fact that the gain outweighs the potential risks. At the same time, I understand that training and use of firearms are not always going to be under perfect or best conditions. All that being said, goofing around for the sake of goofing around and being unserious with firearms is something I do not support. Purhaps if they had done the same thing at a greater distance I wouldnt feel the same way but they didnt. Its not that I am some uptight firearms guy, im not. I just wouldnt do what I saw in this video.
And the point that others - myself included - are trying to make is that guns are not just a serious business. Yes, you have to treat them with respect because they can still be dangerous, but it's not all about training or "training" (as there appears to be a difference if you put quotes around it). Sometimes it's about having fun. If you're not having fun, then I submit that you are the uptight firearms guy you claim you're not.

Guns and shooting aren't all about turning yourself into some champion, Zen-master, dour, serious, grumpy expert. Sometimes it's just about punching holes in crap and having a good time doing it.

BTW, I would wager that Hickok keeps tighter control of his range than most professional facilities. I don't know that for a fact, but everything about him tells me that he knows better than most how to balance the fun and the safe.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:55   #48
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Your point is well taken.

You also have no way of knowing what type of ammo he was shooting. Since I don't recall him making THIS or many videos for "training" purposes, we cannot claim he is putting out poor grade training videos.

It was a fun video to watch, as I am sure it was fun for them to shoot (guns and video).
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote