SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:35   #1
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Was in a bank recently, a guy was cursing up a storm. He was wrong...

• Left my "road float" at home, but wasn't too concerned.... there are branches of both banks I use, and I had enough cash in my wallet to get food/hookers/blow/etc.
  • What I needed was "change" - to tip valets, local drivers, baggage handlers at airports etc (usually $30-$80/weekend). Went to a branch of my bank...there are no tellers manning the counters. All of them appear to be huddling in back.
  • There is a guy talking to a CS rep and a manager. At the top of his MFing lungs, this MFing dude let the MFing CS rep know that he is not gonna take any MFing **** from any of those ****ing MFers.

Cliff notes: Dude's account was overdrawn. He claims he made a cash deposit two days or so prior, now his account was overdrawn.

The last thing I heard before the cops showed up was: "Sir, we have video of your transaction, we have reviewed it, and you did NOT give our teller any cash to deposit...blah blah blah.

He in turn issued a couple of very serious, real threats that made me subconsciously go - "Glock 17, check: extra mag, check: Ruger LCP, check: . Not wanting to be a part of / involved in what was sure to soon be a police matter, I walked past the staff wringing hands and made my way out the door

Not to worry, within 10 seconds a police unit pulled up front and two cops hopped out, another unit pulled up, and then another unit came down the wrong way of the street and then what I assumed was an un-marked unit also came screaming down the right way...and so it continued.

I was very happy to not be there when they showed up, and happier to not be walking out the door as they were walking in.

For the 1st time ever (today), I saw an online video with Sean Hannity in it, having a lopsided dialogue with a representative (Keith Ellison). http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...n-hannity.html

My encounter did not happen in Washington DC, but upon reflection, the dude at the bank KINDA looked like this rep. The sadist in me kinda hope it was him.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:51   #2
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
  • Left my "road float" at home, but wasn't too concerned.... there are branches of both banks I use, and I had enough cash in my wallet to get food/hookers/blow/etc.

... matter, I walked past the staff wringing hands and made my way out the door

I .

Making sure you sufficient cash for hookers and blow is an excellent S.H.T.F. preparation tactic. Leaving the screaming lunatic was probably a good decision too. Although it might have been entertaining to watch his interaction with the police.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:35   #3
BEER
bad example

i am an uncouth knuckle dragging, slope browed, mouth breathing neanderthal. i've been told i have all the social graces of a badger with a toothache. i accept and embrace these flaws.

with that said, i see no reason what so ever to cause a public disturbance as described in the op. you calmly explain your side, the employee calmly explains their side, and you calmly accept the situation or find some sort of middle ground. screaming and threats are not going to do anything but make you look like an ass and cause tension, and it definitely will not make the employee want to work with you in your favor. and under no circumstances should you ever start cursing and making threats where women and children are likely to hear you.

there is a time and a place for that sort of behavior, but in a bank in broad daylight aint it.