Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:28   #721
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
...These companies, of their own accord, have elected to infringe the constitutional rights of this subset of citizens, who are perfectly allowed to purchase such items...
I disagree that the companies are infringing on anybody's rights, anymore than Glock Talk would be by not allowing certain things to be posted.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
Old 03-01-2013, 09:53   #722
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampashooters View Post
Here... do it yourself instead of sitting back watching the world go by in fruity rainbows....

http://www.bing.com/search?q=gangs+i...0-15&sp=-1&sk=

http://www.bing.com/search?q=gangs+i...1-24&sp=-1&sk=
The first link, about gangs TRYING to infiltrate the police, was actually multiple links to only two stories.

I didn't realize that two times is an epidemic.

It's been known that gang bangers have been going into the military for years.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 03-01-2013, 10:00   #723
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
As the self-appointed Gun Ambassador for the great state of Texas I would like to welcome Beretta, and any/all other manufacturers in the firearms industry to set there shops up here.

We would love to have you.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 03-01-2013, 10:01   #724
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
The first link, about gangs TRYING to infiltrate the police, was actually multiple links to only two stories.

I didn't realize that two times is an epidemic.

It's been known that gang bangers have been going into the military for years.
Are you talking about the stories regarding New Zealand LE? They came up first for me, then Chicago...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 03-01-2013, 19:33   #725
John Rambo
Raven

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/03/02...ing-leo-sales/
REGARDING LEO SALES
March 1st, 2013
Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.
The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.
With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution – specifically the second and fourteenth amendments – as it applies to all citizens.
Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO – Founder
Magpul Industries

Last edited by John Rambo; 03-01-2013 at 19:34..
Old 03-01-2013, 20:22   #726
Agent6-3/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Not punishing cops. Making a point to the tyrannical governments that employ them. Most rank and file cops support priv gun ownership. The cops have to turn around and say to their employers, hey why so tyrannical? Stop making it hard and get me what i need to do my job!

Cops are also private citizens too so they have a vested interest. After ten years maybe i dont wanna cop no more. Want to open a pizzeria or a garden shop. Why cant i get a full mag? Wtf?
The problem with that theory is that no politician or admin cares what rank and file cops have to say. We (meaning beat cops everywhere) *****, gripe, moan and groan, send emails, write letters and make phone calls daily trying to fix problems big and small. Most fall on deaf ears.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2013, 22:29   #727
mustang6112
Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
http://soldiersystems.net/2013/03/02...ing-leo-sales/
REGARDING LEO SALES
March 1st, 2013
Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.
The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.
With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution – specifically the second and fourteenth amendments – as it applies to all citizens.
Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO – Founder
Magpul Industries
Just got this one myself, good for Fitz.

"I’m a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf. The sheep hate the sheepdog. He looks like the wolf and has a capacity for violence.”
Old 03-01-2013, 23:16   #728
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
The problem with that theory is that no politician or admin cares what rank and file cops have to say. We (meaning beat cops everywhere) *****, gripe, moan and groan, send emails, write letters and make phone calls daily trying to fix problems big and small. Most fall on deaf ears.

Talk is cheap. If you're really behind a cause, you have to put some skin in the game.
Old 03-01-2013, 23:27   #729
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Talk is cheap. If you're really behind a cause, you have to put some skin in the game.
This one is way too easy.

Ill definitely get an infraction for it.

It's cold as heck here.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 03-01-2013, 23:33   #730
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
This one is way too easy.

Ill definitely get an infraction for it.

It's cold as heck here.

You'd also likely be wrong. But feel free to PM it! I assure you, you don't have what it takes to offend me.

Cold here tonight, too. 46. Gonna be 40 tomorrow night! Brr, might even have to put on gloves!

Last edited by John Rambo; 03-01-2013 at 23:34..
Old 03-02-2013, 01:02   #731
Slug71

Add Magpul to the list,

http://www.magpul.com/ourgear.html
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 03-02-2013, 01:11   #732
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
Add Magpul to the list,

http://www.magpul.com/ourgear.html
I ordered mine today.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 03-02-2013, 03:57   #733
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

I really don't like that cops are going to feel the repercussions of actions taken by the politicians in their states. It's not fair to them, just like these bans aren't fair to their private citizens.

That being said, I understand that these companies are protesting by one of the only means available to them. At the end of the day, they are simply exerting their 1A rights to stand up for the 2A rights of others.

As cops we all swore to uphold and defend the Constitution as part of our oath. So, even if we don't agree with it we should respect their right to protest.

It sucks that our brothers and sisters in the ban states are caught in the middle.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

Old 03-02-2013, 07:40   #734
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
As cops we all swore to uphold and defend the Constitution as part of our oath. So, even if we don't agree with it we should respect their right to protest.
The owners are using their Right to protest the governments' actions.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 03-02-2013, 08:39   #735
Faulkner
Patriot

The policy of these companies who are stopping sales to the ban states are standing up for principle and I applaud them.

For those of you who want to point fingers at them as bad guys, you really need to be blaming the liberal politicians who are supressing the rights of law abiding citizens that have caused all this.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:17   #736
Agent6-3/8

Quote:
Such as?

Old 03-02-2013, 13:02   #737
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
It really is as simple as that...

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

Old 03-02-2013, 14:36   #738
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
This might shatter some of your views of the world, but there are more political factors that a person uses to decide their political affiliation than guns.

Also, just because he supports gun rights does NOT make him a conservative. For example, you said he dropped out of MAIG group. That means he WAS a member at one time. Perhaps he dropped out because - politically - he was catching flak for being a member?

There are more dimensions to politics than any one issue. A Republican who supports same-sex marriage isn't a liberal, and a Democrat that supports CCW isn't a conservative. That's much to narrow of a view of the world.

ETA, my local mayor also just dropped out of MAIG, and he's about as liberal as you can get at the municipal level outside of a major metropolitan area.

The previous mayor, a rino through and through, joined the group, the new one said time and money would be better spent on prevention. The D. has held his ground fighting the unions wanting them to pay more for their health insurance, putting their own funds into retirement instead of taxpayers money, refused to support a new local gay rights initiative, etc. He's a conservative, he just hasn't yet admitted it to himself.
Old 03-02-2013, 16:19   #739
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
As others use their right to protest the companies actions..

At some point, I wonder if we were better off when the prevailing sentiment was "I disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it"...

First Amendment leads me to think the FF had in mind persuasion was the proper response to disagreements, not coercion.

Randy
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11   #740
merlynusn

Quote:
Which is why I support them. I don't think any cop is in danger right now over any of this.

Closed Thread