Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2013, 20:20   #121
MarineHawk

Okay, thanks guys for clarifying.

I bought the KKM barrels primarily because I wanted to run lead rounds through them, and I've ssen too many people report problems with firing unjacketed rouds through the polygonal stock barrels to even think about taking a chance.

I never had a single jam with my stock 4.6" Glock barrel in it brief use in my gun.

I've never had a single jam wit my 4.6" or 6.0" KKM barrels.

So, one can tell me that the KKM's are a wast eof money, which subjectively could be true--amatter of opinion. But, both of my KKMs (combined with 22l tunsten spring rod) have never jammed..

They, at least in my hands, produce tighter groups--at least with the ammo I shoot. Not a scientific study to be sure.

Alos, the main point of my question above is that don't the KKMs wrap the base of the cartridge a lot better than the stock barrels. I haven't taken pics, but it seems so for me when I compared, and I've seen similar pics from others. That's what I was thinkin gof, rather than a thicker barrel or chamber or superior metal.

If either of my two KKMs had ever jammed once, I would worry that they are too tight. But since not, isn't it better to have more support around the base of the cartridge when you're getting up to high-10mm pressures? Or is that not material? I honestly can't say about the materiality of the lesser support. But two KKMs in my gun have never had a single FTF or FTE. So, I'm not worried about the tollerances being too high. Just wondering whether the additional clamping around the base of the cartridge might help prevent the base of the cartridge from rupturing and making the parts below that go "boom."
MarineHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:51   #122
JuneyBooney

It is great that you are ok. In years of shooting reloaded lead for my revolvers I found that the only problems with the guns were with reloads. When I hear of the FN 5.7, the Glocks kabooming it is almost always with reloads and probably non supported parts of the firearm. I will not shoot reloads in my semi autos. When I was twenty I was immortal but when over forty I want to be around and in one piece for a while. I am really happy that the only damage was to the firearm and your pride. Stay safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 14:36   #123
deadandgone

on the road back...

Well I went out and shot about 5 rounds today. I was somewhat apprehensive as I was afraid I would jump and flinch like crazy. I thought I might dry fire awhile...then I thought first I'll see if I have a problem, then I'll dry fire.

Don't have my G29 sf back yet, so I shot a few out of my xdm 40. Amazingly to me, all 5 rounds were in a circle of about 3 inches at 7 yards. So you know what? I walked away....knowing that there is more to do, but happy and smiling that the muscle memory is still there....I haven't lost it.

As soon as I get my g29sf back from Glock, I'm going to send it off to Ken Hunnicutt of Gripreductions.com. He did some work for me a while back on the glock that blew up, and I liked it. I want my gun back, but I want it to be mine as I knew it from before....when I shoot it again.

On the way back...it feels pretty good.

And a thank you shout out to Shadow...thanks man.

deadandgone
deadandgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:21   #124
llll1lll1

I've had live rounds pop out when using a 40 sw mag with 9mm ammo in a 17. Perhaps you were using a 45acp mag in that 40/10mm gun?
llll1lll1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 13:55   #125
deadandgone

and 3 weeks later....

I get my Glock 29 sf back.....for something that hurt me pretty bad to be such a welcome sight....I guess it speaks to the human condition somehow someway.

I took the gun out of the box, and lo and behold....Glock took my aftermarket parts, put them in a plastic bag, and sent them back. The extra power recoil springs, the Ghost trigger setup...all there as well as the 10mm 40 cal conversion barrel. And the recoil spring setup they sent back seems new...

Unable to shoot due to terrible weather here in northern NC today...freezing rain, sleet, snow....yuck!!!

I am , at this point, willing to let this thread settle down some. I just want to say thank you to Glock for their repairs and their exemplary customer service.

And thanks to Shadow....for so many reasons.

Swamp Fox ammo is still dangerous....who knows how much is still out there?

I am alive, healing nicely...and I got my Glock back!!!!

Hooray!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 14:43   #126
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Great end to the story ... You even got your AM parts back!
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 14:49   #127
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

I am glad Glock worked with you to make your situation right at a reasonable price point!

I hear you about the weather, today is our first day without rain/hail in many days, colder dry air is expected for the next few days, that should dry things up a little!

Best regards!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 15:42   #128
Shiloh228

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadandgone View Post
I get my Glock 29 sf back.....for something that hurt me pretty bad to be such a welcome sight....I guess it speaks to the human condition somehow someway.

{SNIP}

I am alive, healing nicely...and I got my Glock back!!!!
Hooray!!!
Life is good!
Shiloh228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 15:52   #129
deadandgone

changed heading...

I changed the heading on this topic...I believe the main factor here is the dangerous Swamp Fox ammo...of which I am sure there is more...if the consensus is that I should not do this, well feel free...I just don't think it was a Glock thing

Guess I can't do that...I changed the thread title, and a few minutes later it had reverted to the original title.....

Last edited by deadandgone; 02-27-2013 at 07:47..
Old 03-02-2013, 23:40   #130
TDC20

Don't know if you've seen this one, a G31 (.357 Sig) KB'd with a KKM barrel. Chamber end fragged. Shooter OK, ammo mfg. covering the costs of replacing the firearm.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1474747

These things happen...don't let it happen to you!