Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:04   #121
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Did you use that same astute "situational awareness" when you voted for Obama?

yep!!
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:50   #122
T-Rod45
Loves The Glock

Yesterday a good friend and his wife who are new to shooting asked if I could meet them at the range with a few of my guns to try out before deciding on their first handgun purchases. They applied for their permits in November and still haven't gotten them, but they have already picked up 2 Ruger 10/22's and a M&P 15. I packed up my G26, G23/19, Kel-Tec P3AT, and my AR. All the range time and ammo was on their dime for the favor of letting them shoot the guns/instruct them. $27.50/hr per person for range time and $24.95/50 of 9mm and .40. I brought 70 rounds of cheap TulAmmo .223 I got for $5/box. The sad part is, I told him I would not be shooting due to the lack/cost of ammo. I drove an hour an a half round trip just to help them out. The total for 1 hour of range time and ammo was about $200... I of course had to fire off 30 rounds from my AR... But this was the first time I went to the range with no intentions of shooting... And that was solely based on the current market conditions.
•23 Gen4 (/19 conversion)
•M&P •Ruger •Smith&Wesson •Kel-Tec •Mossberg •LWRC •Glades Gun Works
T-Rod45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:38   #123
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rod45 View Post
Yesterday a good friend and his wife who are new to shooting asked if I could meet them at the range with a few of my guns to try out before deciding on their first handgun purchases. They applied for their permits in November and still haven't gotten them, but they have already picked up 2 Ruger 10/22's and a M&P 15. I packed up my G26, G23/19, Kel-Tec P3AT, and my AR. All the range time and ammo was on their dime for the favor of letting them shoot the guns/instruct them. $27.50/hr per person for range time and $24.95/50 of 9mm and .40. I brought 70 rounds of cheap TulAmmo .223 I got for $5/box. The sad part is, I told him I would not be shooting due to the lack/cost of ammo. I drove an hour an a half round trip just to help them out. The total for 1 hour of range time and ammo was about $200... I of course had to fire off 30 rounds from my AR... But this was the first time I went to the range with no intentions of shooting... And that was solely based on the current market conditions.
Wow. That is some expensive shooting.
Old 02-24-2013, 13:10   #124
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rod45 View Post
WOW. Crazy. That's more expensive than auto racing / track time!
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 13:22   #125
T-Rod45
Loves The Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
WOW. Crazy. That's more expensive than auto racing / track time!
Yep. The average cost of an indoor range here is $25/hr. Sucks...
•23 Gen4 (/19 conversion)
•M&P •Ruger •Smith&Wesson •Kel-Tec •Mossberg •LWRC •Glades Gun Works
T-Rod45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 13:30   #126
OhioGlock90

I can't find ammo any where, when I do it's maybe a box or two and I'm very reluctant to shot it. Also all the ranges around me are taking advantage of the craziness and increased range fees a lot, which does not sit well wit me

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Winchester Model 1897
OhioGlock90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 18:50   #127
SCmasterblaster

I am going to reload 100 rounds of 9x19 tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:13   #128
GlockinNJ

I stopped by Dick's yesterday since I was out shopping for other things. I checked the gun department for ammo and the guy just stood there and shook his head. He said they get two trucks a week, Monday and Thursday. The store opens at 9 and they are sold out of whatever ammo is on the truck within the hour. He said there is a crowd that waits by the front door for it to open.

He said the last truckload contained 10K rds of 9mm and it sold out in 12 minutes.
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46   #129
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockinNJ View Post
I stopped by Dick's yesterday since I was out shopping for other things. I checked the gun department for ammo and the guy just stood there and shook his head. He said they get two trucks a week, Monday and Thursday. The store opens at 9 and they are sold out of whatever ammo is on the truck within the hour. He said there is a crowd that waits by the front door for it to open.

He said the last truckload contained 10K rds of 9mm and it sold out in 12 minutes.
WOW. There are a lot of gun owners out there.