Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:45   #21
cgff

Always wanted a USPC stainless, 2 months ago looked at a P30
Put the P 30 on Layaway, Now own a P30 and a P2K post up when the USPCs are available, the mags interchange with the P2K. Any of those USPCs Stainless slide?
carl
cgff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 19:50   #22
HKUSP9SD

Dude how do people not want a USPC? I bought a used full size USP 9 and its my best/favorite pistol I own. If you really want one sold, give me a good price or throw me a link to your GB ad.

I had the opportunity to get a used police trade in for 500 bucks locally and had to pass since funds didn't allow it lol. They are one of my favorite pistols. Any H&K in my book is the best polymer pistol around.

The only reason anyone compares them to a Glock/M&P is because they haven't had enough time playing with one lol
HKUSP9SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:05   #23
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I beg to differ and must disagree. Once upon a time I thought all I'd ever want is a Glock until I purchased my first HK. I then purchased a Sig. Needless to say, I dumped all but two of my Glocks for more Sig and HK pistols.

While I'll agree that expensive doesn't always equal better than something else, in most cases it does. For me and many others, there is a massive difference between HK and Sig, versus everything else in the production non-1911 category but hey, to each their own. If your happy with what you have, there isn't any reason to get anything else.

Evidently, my poor attempt at humor failed.

WT wrote; “Why spend big bucks for a mere 9mm pistol?”

Bac wrote; “Would you kindly explain to me exactly what in the hell you're talking about?
That sounds asinine, quite honestly”

So, I quipped, quite lamely, a sarcastic reference to the effect, if a “mere 9mm pistol” was not worth spending “big bucks” on then, WT must believe that “big buck” would only be justified on big calibers. A 500 S&W magnum is the largest caliber in handgun, that I am aware of, that is manufactured by a major company.

I agree with Bac’s statement that WT’s statement is asinine. I have fully customized Browning Hi-powers and Colt 1911’s, in 9mm, that have cost me several thousand, each., which I feel confident WT would call “big bucks”.

For all sorts of reasons, I prefer H&K, Sig, Rohrbaugh, Seecamp, etc. auto-loaders and custom handguns. I only own two Glocks (I do not care for Glocks, so my Glocks sit in a vault) and typically, I do not waste my money on any firearm that is not top quality. Being cheap is not a trait that people ever ascribe to me.

RJ
RJ's Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:59   #24
Glock 1

Wow, this thread blew up. lol

I turned down the USPc's and currently waiting on several P30's to come in. Could be a few weeks as my distributor is way behind in shipping. I have 21 various other guns or varying models coming in next week. I hope to help arm our US populace one gun at a time. The more guns I can get into the hands of law abiding citizens the better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 15:18   #25
cowboy1964

I want a compact P30! The standard is just too large and heavy for my taste for carry purposes. I always end up carrying the Glock 19 and 23.

USP Compacts sell just fine if the price is right. Yes they are older but they still feel great in the hand... at least in mine.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 02-23-2013 at 15:19..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 15:52   #26
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

I say this all the time, but never get a "second", so maybe I'm the only one who feels this way. I have a few HKs and I do believe they are, in fact, better built guns than GLOCKs.

BUT... I just can't get used to a gun that has sights designed to put the bullet BEHIND the front sight. It says on their web site that this is intentional. Add to that, there aren't a lot of options for after market sights. Of course can't blame them since, 1. the demand is not there and 2. the sights are different across so many models, both in heights and dove tail cuts.

So, I GLOCK is on my hip and I'll be taking one to the USPSA match tomorrow (if the crappy weather lets up, but that's a whole different rant. ) The HKs do look good on the shelf in the safe.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:41   #27
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock 1 View Post
Hey guys I am new to HK. I have never shot one but might be inclined to keep one of these.

I am a dealer and I have 10 HK USPC 9mm on the way. I should have them in about 10 days. I was wondering if these are a "wanted item" I see very few on Gun Broker (and they have no bids) which is where I plan to sell them. It bothers me that they don't seem to have much of a following or maybe I am missing something?

I have read a few threads here and watched a few youtube videos and they seem to be very nice pistols. Are they just too pricey for some folks?
HK and Sig are the Ferrari and Lambo of most guns. Glocks are like Fords..reliable and pretty cheap.

If you have high cap mags in the Hk pistols you should be able to sell them because 9mm is still available in quantity and relatively cheap. I think most people want the .40 and Sig .357 but if you price the 9mm right they will sell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:04   #28
mainegunner

H&K USPC 9mm

My uspc 9mm does not launch brass in my face like some glocks i used to own.
Old 02-24-2013, 20:24   #29
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegunner View Post
My uspc 9mm does not launch brass in my face like some glocks i used to own.
NONE of my other brands do either. The one exception was my M&P 45c but it had a loose ejector so at least it had an excuse!
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:53   #30
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
I say this all the time, but never get a "second", so maybe I'm the only one who feels this way. I have a few HKs and I do believe they are, in fact, better built guns than GLOCKs.

BUT... I just can't get used to a gun that has sights designed to put the bullet BEHIND the front sight. It says on their web site that this is intentional. Add to that, there aren't a lot of options for after market sights. Of course can't blame them since, 1. the demand is not there and 2. the sights are different across so many models, both in heights and dove tail cuts.

So, I GLOCK is on my hip and I'll be taking one to the USPSA match tomorrow (if the crappy weather lets up, but that's a whole different rant. ) The HKs do look good on the shelf in the safe.

Perhaps I am dense, but what do you mean by “sights designed to put the bullet BEHIND the front sight” Do you mean point of aim = point of impact (Image 2 or 3) a six o’clock hold (image 1) or something else?

Heckler & Koch Forum
RJ's Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:43   #31
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ's Guns View Post
Perhaps I am dense, but what do you mean by “sights designed to put the bullet BEHIND the front sight” Do you mean point of aim = point of impact (Image 2 or 3) a six o’clock hold (image 1) or something else?

Heckler & Koch Forum
Image 3. From the shooters point of view, the bullet hole impacts behind the sight, rather than crossing it (image 2) or above it (image 1). If one is used to image 1, then a gun designed to shoot to image 3 will shoot quite a bit low for them.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 18:18   #32
tbc

In this political climate, you put any gun on the shelves and they will be gone in weeks or days.

Although I think Glocks are more popular than HKs, I do notice that most folks who own both brands prefer HKs over Glocks...and I am one of them.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited by tbc; 03-01-2013 at 20:26..
tbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:03   #33
Jisatsu
Maine Coon

Send a message via Yahoo to Jisatsu
I've always loved the USPc in 9mm. Bought my first one in 02' with ambi safety/decock for $630 out the door new. Carried it for years. Sold it like an idiot. Picked up a second one last year with the LEM trigger for $750 and am happy I did so. One of my favorite pistols of all time.

I think the reason you don't see many for sale is because people don't want to get rid of them.
Jisatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:05   #34
high ground

My only regret to buying the USPc 9mm is that I can't find an LEM kit anywhere. P30 LEM spoiled me.

Last edited by high ground; 03-04-2013 at 12:05..
high ground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 13:16   #35
tbc

I am looking for LEM kit for my USPc also.

Sent from iPhone
tbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 19:31   #36
high ground

Apparently, so is everyone else

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
high ground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 20:50   #37
James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock 1 View Post
Hey guys I am new to HK. I have never shot one but might be inclined to keep one of these.

I am a dealer and I have 10 HK USPC 9mm on the way. I should have them in about 10 days. I was wondering if these are a "wanted item" I see very few on Gun Broker (and they have no bids) which is where I plan to sell them. It bothers me that they don't seem to have much of a following or maybe I am missing something?

I have read a few threads here and watched a few youtube videos and they seem to be very nice pistols. Are they just too pricey for some folks?
What price are you going to ask for them?
James Dean is offline   Reply With Quote