GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:53   #26
gilfo

[QUOTE=mjkeat;20010690]OP, does he have an M&P of 1911 style handgun? If so the .22lr versions are great training tools. I know, I know, I used that horrible word again, TRAINING. Dun Dun Dunnn.

I shoot M&Ps and recently picked up a M&P22. The only downside is the thumb safety and magazine availability. You can remove it though. It has functioned on the 3 different types of ammunition I've ran through it.

It fits all my holsters and other gear.

I hear nothing but good things about the Sig .22LR 1911 as well.

This is why I got the MP22, all my other guns are DA so I went with the MP DA like trigger. If I had 1911 style guns I would favor the 1911 22
gilfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 18:26   #27
MStarmer
In Jail...

With the price and ammo availability I just stumbled across a M&P22 and snatched it up. The wife and I carry and shoot M&P's so I think it's a great choice. I do have to agree with BAC it's not a serious .22, it's more like a step up from airsoft. I consider it an cool little gun with an excellent warranty but I wouldn't put it up against the Ruger Mk type guns. I am curious how much abuse it can take and what kind of round count these will hold up to. Walther makes some good stuff so it will be interesting to see.
Old 02-23-2013, 18:47   #28
mjkeat

Not "serious?" Explain please.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 18:51   #29
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Not "serious?" Explain please.
All guns are serious.

However, rimfire replicas of service pistols built out of cheap pot metal by an airsoft company, may make some people think otherwise.

Don't you think?

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 19:31   #30
GlockPride
Glock 23

Wow BAC! Is that you?!? I've never really seen you this way.
Usually you're apolitical.

I have a M&P 22 and love it! As a trainer for my carry gun, car gun and home defense weapon it is great. Of course, I can walk off my porch or down to my range and shoot. As a training tool it's great since it has the same grip, sights, etc.

I would LOVE to have a mk III stainless target/hunter but it is isn't in the budget right now and doesn't help me train.
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 20:11   #31
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPride View Post
Wow BAC! Is that you?!? I've never really seen you this way.
Usually you're apolitical.
Yeah, but there are a few around the forum that bring it out in me.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 02-23-2013, 20:39   #32
mjkeat

You can't even answer the questions brought by your outrageous claims yet you want to answer for others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
All guns are serious.

However, rimfire replicas of service pistols built out of cheap pot metal by an airsoft company, may make some people think otherwise.

Don't you think?
Airsoft company? Pot metal? Proof? More ridiculous claims? Please explain.

Quote:
Yeah, but there are a few around the forum that bring it out in me.
It gets frustrating when someone asks that you explain yourself. Throws a wrench into your superhero collector status.

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-23-2013 at 20:41..
Old 02-23-2013, 21:51   #33
bac1023

Quote:

Airsoft company? Pot metal? Proof? More ridiculous claims? Please explain.

It gets frustrating when someone asks that you explain yourself. Throws a wrench into your superhero collector status.
Actually, what's frustrating is trying to explain things to somebody when it's like trying to pound it into rock.

What the hell proof do you need?

The M&P 22 is built by Umarex. Umarex is an airsoft company, primarily. They are built using pot metal for the slide, much like the Walther P22, which Umarex also builds. A magnet doesn't even stick to the slide, because there isn't much steel in its construction. It's pot metal, much like Hi Point uses. I guess you're not too current on metallurgy, are you?

Do I need to spell it out any better or is it finally sinking in? Maybe try bringing some KNOWLEDGE to the debate before sounding so ignorant.

Good Lord...

1911 Buyer's Guide

Last edited by bac1023; 02-23-2013 at 21:54..
Old 02-23-2013, 22:03   #34
oppi27

M&p extra mags are going for 150$ plus right now. Crazy.
oppi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 00:51   #35
mjkeat

Quote:
Actually, what's frustrating is trying to explain things to somebody when it's like trying to pound it into rock.

What the hell proof do you need?

The M&P 22 is built by Umarex. Umarex is an airsoft company, primarily. They are built using pot metal for the slide, much like the Walther P22, which Umarex also builds. A magnet doesn't even stick to the slide, because there isn't much steel in its construction. It's pot metal, much like Hi Point uses. I guess you're not too current on metallurgy, are you?

Do I need to spell it out any better or is it finally sinking in? Maybe try bringing some KNOWLEDGE to the debate before sounding so ignorant.

Good Lord...
Since you said so. Nope. Not good enough. You want to make claims and call names but can't back it. Who looks ignorant?

Unlike some of these turds, "because you say so" isn't good enough for me. I'm not impressed by your ability to collect. You'll have to do more than post pictures this time.

I'm still waiting on you to back your "bona-fide" claims. So?

All you've done is talk in circles.

I'll leave it at that.

Enjoy looking at your firearms.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:56   #36
bac1023

Quote:
Since you said so. Nope. Not good enough. You want to make claims and call names but can't back it. Who looks ignorant?

Unlike some of these turds, "because you say so" isn't good enough for me. I'm not impressed by your ability to collect. You'll have to do more than post pictures this time.

I'm still waiting on you to back your "bona-fide" claims. So?

All you've done is talk in circles.

I'll leave it at that.

Enjoy looking at your firearms.
Bona-fide was my opinion, which I already mentioned. Unfortunately, you don't understand English. As far as impressing you or anyone else here, that is not my job, nor do I care.

As far as Umarex building the M&P 22 and the materials used, that is NOT opinion. That is fact. Whether you want to believe it or not, doesn't change a damn thing.

Believe what you want.

For me, they are a little too pricey for the quality you get. $250, fine. $350 and up? No thanks

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19   #37
mjkeat

Quote:
Bona-fide was my opinion, which I already mentioned. Unfortunately, you don't understand English. As far as impressing you or anyone else here, that is not my job, nor do I care.

As far as Umarex building the M&P 22 and the materials used, that is NOT opinion. That is fact. Whether you want to believe it or not, doesn't change a damn thing.

Believe what you want.

For me, they are a little too pricey for the quality you get. $250, fine. $350 and up? No thanks
More insults, lol. A sure sign.

Fact, because you say so?

-------

OP, like many others have said the M&P22 and 1911 style .22lr are great handguns. They also make wonderful trainers if you're looking to get proficient with your "fullpower" M&P or 1911. All buttons and levers are the same so familiarization is spot on. Training on the cheap.

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-24-2013 at 09:23..
Old 02-24-2013, 09:33   #38
ncvarmint

update, we looked at the 22's and the mp22 and 1911-22 just felt so cheap, so dad decided to buy ammo instead.
Guys ,
please quit fighting please!
trevor
ncvarmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:42   #39
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncvarmint View Post
update, we looked at the 22's and the mp22 and 1911-22 just felt so cheap, so dad decided to buy ammo instead.
Guys ,
please quit fighting please!
trevor
Ammunition is always a good choice.

I wouldn't call it fighting. It's more like someone is finally doing what has needed to be done for some time now.
Old 02-24-2013, 13:51   #40
bac1023

Quote:
More insults, lol. A sure sign.

Fact, because you say so?
Fact, because it's the way they're built and who they're built by. I live in the real world. I'm not sure where you are.

If you like them, fine, but don't get the facts mixed up.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 02-24-2013, 13:55   #41
bac1023

Quote:

I wouldn't call it fighting. It's more like someone is finally doing what has needed to be done for some time now.

Which is what, taking the time to try teaching you something about the subject matter?

Try as I might, I failed miserably.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 02-24-2013, 14:00   #42
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncvarmint View Post
Like I said, if they were a little less money, I could see getting one. The quality doesn't match the price as far as I'm concerned. At that price you can get a Ruger Mark series or Browning Buck Mark. Both of which are much higher quality pistols, in my opinion.

That was my original point.

1911 Buyer's Guide

Last edited by bac1023; 02-24-2013 at 15:12..
Old 02-24-2013, 16:48   #43
mjkeat

Quote:
Fact, because it's the way they're built and who they're built by. I live in the real world. I'm not sure where you are.

If you like them, fine, but don't get the facts mixed up.
Still waiting on anything solid to back what you're claiming as fact. All you've been able to produce is insults. Nothing concrete.

Keep slinging insults, all I care about is you producing something concrete to back your outlandish claims of fact. Just because king collector says it's so doesn't mean it is.

I know you're used to people taking anything you claim to be fact as such but those times are over. Prove your claims. I imagine you'll continue to dance around it. I'll hold my breath
Old 02-24-2013, 17:25   #44
bac1023

Hey genius, what are you disputing?

Do you not know who builds the M&P 22? Do you not know of what material they are built?

I can only help those who have capacity for abstract thought, lol.

Unless I have the pistol in front of you and I, tell me how to prove it from here?

Who do YOU think builds the gun? Smith & Wesson? What do YOU think the slide is crafted of? Carbon steel?

1911 Buyer's Guide

Last edited by bac1023; 02-24-2013 at 17:31..
Old 02-24-2013, 18:11   #45
mjkeat

Quote:
Hey genius, what are you disputing?

Do you not know who builds the M&P 22? Do you not know of what material they are built?

I can only help those who have capacity for abstract thought, lol.

Unless I have the pistol in front of you and I, tell me how to prove it from here?

Who do YOU think builds the gun? Smith & Wesson? What do YOU think the slide is crafted of? Carbon steel?
Genius Thank you.

You made some claims that you call fact now show proof. I'm not the one in question, YOU are. You made these ridiculous claims of "bona-fide" "real" "pot-metal" "airsoft" and "Uramax." Now show me some documentation that shows what you claim to be factual, is indeed fact. If you can't then, you can't. No big deal. The point is you're making claims you can't seem to substantiate but want to cram down everyones throats as fact riding on your collector status.

Where did you hear these things? If you know these things to be fact you must have read them somewhere. Correct? Well, link where you read them. Sources. I guess I don't see how this concept is difficult.

Have you even shot either of the handguns in the OP?

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-24-2013 at 18:12..
Old 02-24-2013, 18:46   #46
wdp

Never owned a M&P gun but the M&P.22 wound up coming home with me. Great gun and very satisfied HOWEVER it was shipped with one magazine and additional mags were in very limited supply. I called S&W and placed an order for 2 additional mags that showed up in about 5 weeks. They are made in Germany and are stamped Walther.
The gun will not feed bulk Federal, Winchester, or Remington reliably, so don't waste your time. It LIKES CCI performance ammo all day long. Mini Mag, Velocitor &Stinger were the ones tested, all were flawless time and again.
If anyone else has comments I'd be happy to reply.
Old 02-24-2013, 18:56   #47
GlockPride
Glock 23

Mine feeds everything I've thrown at it from velocitors to golden bullets, federal and other cci. Winchester and others have run fine too. The one I haven't tried is blazer .22 which is extremely dirty.

The M&P 22 runs much better than my old mosquito would have ever thought of running.
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 19:23   #48
bac1023

Quote:
Genius Thank you.

You made some claims that you call fact now show proof. I'm not the one in question, YOU are. You made these ridiculous claims of "bona-fide" "real" "pot-metal" "airsoft" and "Uramax." Now show me some documentation that shows what you claim to be factual, is indeed fact. If you can't then, you can't. No big deal. The point is you're making claims you can't seem to substantiate but want to cram down everyones throats as fact riding on your collector status.

Where did you hear these things? If you know these things to be fact you must have read them somewhere. Correct? Well, link where you read them. Sources. I guess I don't see how this concept is difficult.

Have you even shot either of the handguns in the OP?
What the hell do you mean "hear"? Do you live under a friggen rock?

They are built by Umarex, which is a giant airsoft company based in Germany. They own Walther and others.

Do you see the little shield logo with three crowns inside on the barrel of the M&P 22? Do you see the same logo on the Walther P22 barrel? That's a Umarex marking.

Here is a page from Umarex USA's website. Do you see the M&P BB gun? Umarex doesn't place the M&P 22 on the site, as its on Smith & Wesson's site, being an actual firearm. Umarex builds it.

http://www.umarexusa.com/shop-by-brand/smith-wesson

...and, yes, the slides are manufactured cheaply. They are not steel. Get a magnet and try it. Its not that hard for most people.

Here's a revalation for you. In post 12 of this thread I asked you if you knew that S&W doesn't build it. In post 13, you replied "I do". The million dollar question I have for you is that if you refuse to believe the airsoft company Umarex builds it, then who the hell do you think does? Do you think Umarex builds BB and airsoft copies of it, but yet ANOTHER company builds the rimfire version?

Are you just trying to act stupid, or...

Wow, I don't mind helping out the newbies, but damn.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 02-24-2013, 20:43   #49
KML

I have 2 ruger MII's and I just got a S&W MP 22.I like the S&W but my limited shooting of it makes me think it won't last half as long as my Rugers.My S&w also will not feed Federal bulk packs or Remington bulk packs.It is reliable withCCi but that's not ok.I buy 22's to plink with and that means bulk packs.My first MK II I got in 89 and has around 15 to 20 thousand rounds through it.It would get around two thousand rounds a year so in 99 I got second one.Plus with 7 nephews it helps to have several 22s around.
I did know it was made by Umarex,but I also believe it is made a little better then the Walther P22.if it continues to not feed bulk packs I will be selling it.
KML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 00:39   #50
mjkeat

Quote:
What the hell do you mean "hear"? Do you live under a friggen rock?

They are built by Umarex, which is a giant airsoft company based in Germany. They own Walther and others.

Do you see the little shield logo with three crowns inside on the barrel of the M&P 22? Do you see the same logo on the Walther P22 barrel? That's a Umarex marking.

Here is a page from Umarex USA's website. Do you see the M&P BB gun? Umarex doesn't place the M&P 22 on the site, as its on Smith & Wesson's site, being an actual firearm. Umarex builds it.

http://www.umarexusa.com/shop-by-brand/smith-wesson

...and, yes, the slides are manufactured cheaply. They are not steel. Get a magnet and try it. Its not that hard for most people.

Here's a revalation for you. In post 12 of this thread I asked you if you knew that S&W doesn't build it. In post 13, you replied "I do". The million dollar question I have for you is that if you refuse to believe the airsoft company Umarex builds it, then who the hell do you think does? Do you think Umarex builds BB and airsoft copies of it, but yet ANOTHER company builds the rimfire version?

Are you just trying to act stupid, or...

Wow, I don't mind helping out the newbies, but damn.
Nice attempt.

I never said they did or didn't. I haven't made any claims. I don't agree or disagree that Uramax makes the M&P22. I don't agree nor disagree what materials make up the M&P22. I just asked for you to show proof of your claims. You have not.

You're not helping anyone and that's the issue. Unsubstantiated claims are not helpful.

If you notice I'm calm while you're getting butt hurt and calling names. This is a sure sign you know you are incorrect. Another sign is how you keep throwing up BS stating that it proves you're stance.

Do you think showing a website w/ BB guns confirms anything you're saying? It doesn't I didn't see anything saying Uramax makes the M&P22.

I've gone so far as to hold your hand and help you find sources to prove your stance. You still failed. Did you ever take a writing course in school. Remember the "rule of three?" When you make a claim you're supposed to have three pieces of supporting material. Well, I'm only asking for one. Just one tiny source that states Uramax makes the M&P22. Very simple.

Maybe I should make a self indulgent, pat on the back, top 10 pistol thread. I just puked a little in my mouth at the thought. You're awful full of yourself.

And to think I'm the stupid one as a drag you along by your leash.

Edit: Again, have you even shot either of the 22s in the OP?

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-25-2013 at 00:40..