GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 14:55   #41
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post

I wouldn't call it fighting. It's more like someone is finally doing what has needed to be done for some time now.


Which is what, taking the time to try teaching you something about the subject matter?

Try as I might, I failed miserably.


__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 15:00   #42
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncvarmint View Post
update, we looked at the 22's and the mp22 and 1911-22 just felt so cheap, so dad decided to buy ammo instead.
Like I said, if they were a little less money, I could see getting one. The quality doesn't match the price as far as I'm concerned. At that price you can get a Ruger Mark series or Browning Buck Mark. Both of which are much higher quality pistols, in my opinion.

That was my original point.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bac1023; 02-24-2013 at 16:12..
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 17:48   #43
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Fact, because it's the way they're built and who they're built by. I live in the real world. I'm not sure where you are.

If you like them, fine, but don't get the facts mixed up.
Still waiting on anything solid to back what you're claiming as fact. All you've been able to produce is insults. Nothing concrete.

Keep slinging insults, all I care about is you producing something concrete to back your outlandish claims of fact. Just because king collector says it's so doesn't mean it is.

I know you're used to people taking anything you claim to be fact as such but those times are over. Prove your claims. I imagine you'll continue to dance around it. I'll hold my breath
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 18:25   #44
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,454
Hey genius, what are you disputing?

Do you not know who builds the M&P 22? Do you not know of what material they are built?

I can only help those who have capacity for abstract thought, lol.

Unless I have the pistol in front of you and I, tell me how to prove it from here?

Who do YOU think builds the gun? Smith & Wesson? What do YOU think the slide is crafted of? Carbon steel?
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bac1023; 02-24-2013 at 18:31..
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 19:11   #45
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Hey genius, what are you disputing?

Do you not know who builds the M&P 22? Do you not know of what material they are built?

I can only help those who have capacity for abstract thought, lol.

Unless I have the pistol in front of you and I, tell me how to prove it from here?

Who do YOU think builds the gun? Smith & Wesson? What do YOU think the slide is crafted of? Carbon steel?
Genius Thank you.

You made some claims that you call fact now show proof. I'm not the one in question, YOU are. You made these ridiculous claims of "bona-fide" "real" "pot-metal" "airsoft" and "Uramax." Now show me some documentation that shows what you claim to be factual, is indeed fact. If you can't then, you can't. No big deal. The point is you're making claims you can't seem to substantiate but want to cram down everyones throats as fact riding on your collector status.

Where did you hear these things? If you know these things to be fact you must have read them somewhere. Correct? Well, link where you read them. Sources. I guess I don't see how this concept is difficult.

Have you even shot either of the handguns in the OP?

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-24-2013 at 19:12..
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 19:46   #46
wdp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Twin Tiers, NY
Posts: 404
Never owned a M&P gun but the M&P.22 wound up coming home with me. Great gun and very satisfied HOWEVER it was shipped with one magazine and additional mags were in very limited supply. I called S&W and placed an order for 2 additional mags that showed up in about 5 weeks. They are made in Germany and are stamped Walther.
The gun will not feed bulk Federal, Winchester, or Remington reliably, so don't waste your time. It LIKES CCI performance ammo all day long. Mini Mag, Velocitor &Stinger were the ones tested, all were flawless time and again.
If anyone else has comments I'd be happy to reply.
__________________
Had em' all, love my G30, G27 & now my G20
God Bless America and those who keep us free
wdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 19:56   #47
GlockPride
Glock 23
 
GlockPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Just OK
Posts: 4,776
Mine feeds everything I've thrown at it from velocitors to golden bullets, federal and other cci. Winchester and others have run fine too. The one I haven't tried is blazer .22 which is extremely dirty.

The M&P 22 runs much better than my old mosquito would have ever thought of running.
__________________
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 20:23   #48
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Genius Thank you.

You made some claims that you call fact now show proof. I'm not the one in question, YOU are. You made these ridiculous claims of "bona-fide" "real" "pot-metal" "airsoft" and "Uramax." Now show me some documentation that shows what you claim to be factual, is indeed fact. If you can't then, you can't. No big deal. The point is you're making claims you can't seem to substantiate but want to cram down everyones throats as fact riding on your collector status.

Where did you hear these things? If you know these things to be fact you must have read them somewhere. Correct? Well, link where you read them. Sources. I guess I don't see how this concept is difficult.

Have you even shot either of the handguns in the OP?
What the hell do you mean "hear"? Do you live under a friggen rock?

They are built by Umarex, which is a giant airsoft company based in Germany. They own Walther and others.

Do you see the little shield logo with three crowns inside on the barrel of the M&P 22? Do you see the same logo on the Walther P22 barrel? That's a Umarex marking.

Here is a page from Umarex USA's website. Do you see the M&P BB gun? Umarex doesn't place the M&P 22 on the site, as its on Smith & Wesson's site, being an actual firearm. Umarex builds it.

http://www.umarexusa.com/shop-by-brand/smith-wesson

...and, yes, the slides are manufactured cheaply. They are not steel. Get a magnet and try it. Its not that hard for most people.

Here's a revalation for you. In post 12 of this thread I asked you if you knew that S&W doesn't build it. In post 13, you replied "I do". The million dollar question I have for you is that if you refuse to believe the airsoft company Umarex builds it, then who the hell do you think does? Do you think Umarex builds BB and airsoft copies of it, but yet ANOTHER company builds the rimfire version?

Are you just trying to act stupid, or...

Wow, I don't mind helping out the newbies, but damn.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 21:43   #49
KML
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 319
I have 2 ruger MII's and I just got a S&W MP 22.I like the S&W but my limited shooting of it makes me think it won't last half as long as my Rugers.My S&w also will not feed Federal bulk packs or Remington bulk packs.It is reliable withCCi but that's not ok.I buy 22's to plink with and that means bulk packs.My first MK II I got in 89 and has around 15 to 20 thousand rounds through it.It would get around two thousand rounds a year so in 99 I got second one.Plus with 7 nephews it helps to have several 22s around.
I did know it was made by Umarex,but I also believe it is made a little better then the Walther P22.if it continues to not feed bulk packs I will be selling it.
KML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:39   #50
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
What the hell do you mean "hear"? Do you live under a friggen rock?

They are built by Umarex, which is a giant airsoft company based in Germany. They own Walther and others.

Do you see the little shield logo with three crowns inside on the barrel of the M&P 22? Do you see the same logo on the Walther P22 barrel? That's a Umarex marking.

Here is a page from Umarex USA's website. Do you see the M&P BB gun? Umarex doesn't place the M&P 22 on the site, as its on Smith & Wesson's site, being an actual firearm. Umarex builds it.

http://www.umarexusa.com/shop-by-brand/smith-wesson

...and, yes, the slides are manufactured cheaply. They are not steel. Get a magnet and try it. Its not that hard for most people.

Here's a revalation for you. In post 12 of this thread I asked you if you knew that S&W doesn't build it. In post 13, you replied "I do". The million dollar question I have for you is that if you refuse to believe the airsoft company Umarex builds it, then who the hell do you think does? Do you think Umarex builds BB and airsoft copies of it, but yet ANOTHER company builds the rimfire version?

Are you just trying to act stupid, or...

Wow, I don't mind helping out the newbies, but damn.
Nice attempt.

I never said they did or didn't. I haven't made any claims. I don't agree or disagree that Uramax makes the M&P22. I don't agree nor disagree what materials make up the M&P22. I just asked for you to show proof of your claims. You have not.

You're not helping anyone and that's the issue. Unsubstantiated claims are not helpful.

If you notice I'm calm while you're getting butt hurt and calling names. This is a sure sign you know you are incorrect. Another sign is how you keep throwing up BS stating that it proves you're stance.

Do you think showing a website w/ BB guns confirms anything you're saying? It doesn't I didn't see anything saying Uramax makes the M&P22.

I've gone so far as to hold your hand and help you find sources to prove your stance. You still failed. Did you ever take a writing course in school. Remember the "rule of three?" When you make a claim you're supposed to have three pieces of supporting material. Well, I'm only asking for one. Just one tiny source that states Uramax makes the M&P22. Very simple.

Maybe I should make a self indulgent, pat on the back, top 10 pistol thread. I just puked a little in my mouth at the thought. You're awful full of yourself.

And to think I'm the stupid one as a drag you along by your leash.

Edit: Again, have you even shot either of the 22s in the OP?

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-25-2013 at 01:40..
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 16:09   #51
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Nice attempt.

I never said they did or didn't. I haven't made any claims. I don't agree or disagree that Uramax makes the M&P22. I don't agree nor disagree what materials make up the M&P22. I just asked for you to show proof of your claims. You have not.

You're not helping anyone and that's the issue. Unsubstantiated claims are not helpful.

If you notice I'm calm while you're getting butt hurt and calling names. This is a sure sign you know you are incorrect. Another sign is how you keep throwing up BS stating that it proves you're stance.

Do you think showing a website w/ BB guns confirms anything you're saying? It doesn't I didn't see anything saying Uramax makes the M&P22.

I've gone so far as to hold your hand and help you find sources to prove your stance. You still failed. Did you ever take a writing course in school. Remember the "rule of three?" When you make a claim you're supposed to have three pieces of supporting material. Well, I'm only asking for one. Just one tiny source that states Uramax makes the M&P22. Very simple.

Maybe I should make a self indulgent, pat on the back, top 10 pistol thread. I just puked a little in my mouth at the thought. You're awful full of yourself.

And to think I'm the stupid one as a drag you along by your leash.

Edit: Again, have you even shot either of the 22s in the OP?
I get 15 to 20 PMs a week from people asking for advice on all sorts of topics gun related. I don't consider myself an expert by any means, but have been around guns my whole life. People obviously respect me enough to do that.

I've said enough, including where to look for the Umarex logo. Why don't you call Umarex USA and have them tell you?

Dragging me along? I don't think so, sonny. To be honest, I've been laughing the entire time responding to this thread. I look at you as free entertainment. You're sort of like a punk staying up past his bedtime. If you want to keep making a fool of yourself, go for it. Haven't enough people in General Firearms told you that?

I have shot a couple 1911-22s, but not the M&P. I never said they didn't work well enough. I said they were cheaply built for the price, in my opinion I don't need to shoot the gun to realize that. Apparently, neither does the OP or his father. Obviously you do. I do own a Walther P22, which is built by the same company to the same level of quality (which I know you won't believe). Its a cheap gun, but it works well enough with hot ammo. The difference? I bought it barely used for $199. At least its priced for its quality, unlike the M&P 22, which is priced high enough to buy a much better quality gun. Again, I know you won't believe that, but if you can't tell a difference in build quality between a Ruger Mark III and an M&P 22, then you need a lot more help than I can give you.

Oh yeah, and I'll post a top 10 pistol thread if you promise to bring something to the table yourself...

...damn, I forgot you don't know ****
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bac1023; 02-25-2013 at 19:00..
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 19:23   #52
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
You're ability to collect has not gone unnoticed. I applaud you for that. It's cool.

LOL. Lots of words just to avoid admitting you can't prove your claims.

Commenting on something you don't do, train, and a firearm you haven't shot.
Come here boy, come here. That's a good boy.

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-25-2013 at 19:25..
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 19:31   #53
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I'd get a real rimfire pistol like a Ruger Mark series instead of one of those.
Ditto. My MkIII 22/45 is the shiznit.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 19:33   #54
fork14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 167
If one were to produce a 1911-22, why would using a material that would result in the slide functioning reliably be a reason to call it "cheap"?
fork14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 19:43   #55
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by fork14 View Post
If one were to produce a 1911-22, why would using a material that would result in the slide functioning reliably be a reason to call it "cheap"?
Cuz it ain't wood'n steel, MERICA!!!!
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 19:54   #56
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,914
Wow! This thread has gone down hill. I just read through it and will say this much, mjkeat, I think what bac1023 is saying, is that the Rugers are built out of real steel and are tanks of a gun. They last for years, are extremely reliable and are extremely accurate too. The 1911 and M&P .22's aren't very well made and are all known for having issues, as well as being only "accurate" enough for sufficient "training" purposes. I have shot them all and speak from true, hands on experience. The 1911 and M&P .22's are NOT built with near the quality that the Ruger's are. Period. No argument can be made about that. Period. Hope this helps to clear up some of the misunderstandings that I have seen in this thread up to this point. Now, on a side note, as for collections, I've got a pretty decent one myself. And to say that "collector's" can't shoot is a silly statement that shouldn't be bantered about by those who don't have a clue to what they are talking about, but yet somehow think they do. I don't know bac1023 personally, but I have seen his collection pics, and I'm pretty sure that anyone that can afford that kind of collection of guns, can probably afford some ammo. I won't speak for him, as I have no idea how much he shoots, but I shoot more than the average bear and will say that just because you own alot of guns doesn't mean you don't know how to run them. Maybe this thread will lighten up a tad. It really needs to.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 19:57   #57
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
You're ability to collect has not gone unnoticed. I applaud you for that. It's cool.

LOL. Lots of words just to avoid admitting you can't prove your claims.

Commenting on something you don't do, train, and a firearm you haven't shot.
Come here boy, come here. That's a good boy.

I think it's getting close to your bedtime, sonny. I've probably been shooting firearms than you have been alive and get a great amount of pleasure showing you kiddies the error of your ways.

It's not my job to prove anything to you. If you want to find out who builds the gun, do so and tell me of your findings.

Can you handle that little assignment? *If so, I'll up your weekly allowance a little and maybe even extend your bedtime if you're really good.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bac1023; 02-25-2013 at 20:07..
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 20:19   #58
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: east of East St. Louis
Posts: 34,909
Hey Mike,......knock off the bull****, you're embarrassing yourself.

Lord I hope you have an excuse like drunk posting. If not, you
have certainly become the #1 troll on GlockTalk!

You have ruined the Black Rifle page,.....why not keep your ass there?
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 20:33   #59
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Wow! This thread has gone down hill. I just read through it and will say this much, mjkeat, I think what bac1023 is saying, is that the Rugers are built out of real steel and are tanks of a gun. They last for years, are extremely reliable and are extremely accurate too. The 1911 and M&P .22's aren't very well made and are all known for having issues, as well as being only "accurate" enough for sufficient "training" purposes. I have shot them all and speak from true, hands on experience. The 1911 and M&P .22's are NOT built with near the quality that the Ruger's are. Period. No argument can be made about that. Period. Hope this helps to clear up some of the misunderstandings that I have seen in this thread up to this point. Now, on a side note, as for collections, I've got a pretty decent one myself. And to say that "collector's" can't shoot is a silly statement that shouldn't be bantered about by those who don't have a clue to what they are talking about, but yet somehow think they do. I don't know bac1023 personally, but I have seen his collection pics, and I'm pretty sure that anyone that can afford that kind of collection of guns, can probably afford some ammo. I won't speak for him, as I have no idea how much he shoots, but I shoot more than the average bear and will say that just because you own alot of guns doesn't mean you don't know how to run them. Maybe this thread will lighten up a tad. It really needs to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Hey Mike,......knock off the bull****, you're embarrassing yourself.

Lord I hope you have an excuse like drunk posting. If not, you
have certainly become the #1 troll on GlockTalk!

You have ruined the Black Rifle page,.....why not keep your ass there?
Yeah, I think good old Mike is a couple cans short of a 6-pack.




...or maybe he downed a couple 6-packs before posting.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 20:52   #60
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Hey Mike,......knock off the bull****, you're embarrassing yourself.

Lord I hope you have an excuse like drunk posting. If not, you
have certainly become the #1 troll on GlockTalk!

You have ruined the Black Rifle page,.....why not keep your ass there?
Oh hell! I hope he doesn't downgrade my RRA Elite Operator II and M&P 15X.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:21.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,119
325 Members
794 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31