Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Griffin debriefing and photo thread

Did I beat everyone to the punch? Post here

I hope they didn't get rained on.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:43   #2
Comrade Bork

Progress report

Well, it's 1:35pm here at Griffin. Checking in on my lunch break.

Turnout seems light but entries are up to 625.

Forecast all week was for good weather Sunday so we think we are going to be slammed with shooters then.

Started out drizzly, but that has moved on. Temp will
Top out at about 50-ish

Running 6 Glock M; 7 5-2-G.

Was running 4 Plates but one sheared a bolt so we are down to 3.

People I am talking to say they getting in/out in 2 hours.
Comrade Bork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25   #3
CUTigers2002

Light crowd this morning, very little wait, I'm sure completely due to the weather. Cold this morning but no real rain to speak of. Wear your boots and drive your 4 wheel drive vehichles! A little muddy from all the cars tearing up the parking area. Saw a Dodge pick-up get stuck in the lot, obviously only 2 wheel drive with road tires. Shot ok, great considering how poorly I shot last weekend at the range.
CUTigers2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:37   #4
frankt

In and out in 1 hr 15 minutes first thing this morning. Light mist, kind of cool and the ground is wet and muddy.

Semper Fi
frankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 17:57   #5
emtjr928

I hope someone got some pictures today. I was otherwise occupied.
Old 02-23-2013, 18:01   #6
Scooter921

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtjr928 View Post
I hope someone got some pictures today. I was otherwise occupied.

No i didnt but i will try to get some sunday ,

in between shirt selling and keeping yall feed lol
Scooter921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 18:49   #7
wilhelm51

I was in and out pretty quickly (maybe 2 hours) and back in Charlotte by 6:30 after making a couple stops.

Had a great time meeting new folks at dinner Friday night, enjoyed the weather (much better than anticipated) and shot lousy. I think I'm jerking the trigger and I'll do some dry fire practice between now and Prospect Hill.

See you all there.
wilhelm
wilhelm51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 20:21   #8
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
Firday night was fun. The old "Chevy" is still kickin strong, even under a new name. We got home after an easy drive with light rain off and on. Neither of us shot our personal best but we did alright. Once the rain stopped it was just cool. Really, for shooters, it should have been good weather at that point.

Slipped and fell in the mud at my last stage, "M" in bay 1. My own darn fault tho. Happy to have had more clothes to change into before lunchtime. Man, those folks can cook up some good vittles (BBQ, hotdogs, slaw and beans)!

Glock broke out all the games to play too. I'mgoing to get involved in those sooner or later, at least, once!

Griffin threw another good match even with what Mother Nature had to offer! THANKS to all!

Last edited by Glockrunner; 02-23-2013 at 20:22..
Glockrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:47   #9
kyglockshooter

Got in to checkin about 1:30pm Sat afternoon and was done shooting by 3:45pm. I could have moved faster just didn't make it a priority. The weather was overcast with no drizzles while I was there. RO's were great, many I had seen in the past. Had my best time ever in Guardian and Competition - translation - the practice indoor over the winter made a difference. As the weather clears up in Kentucky I can practice target transition outdoor rather than accuracy at distance indoor and I hope for better times as the spring and summer unfold. Glad I got in and out on Saturday I think Sunday is going to be very busy.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed
kyglockshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:57   #10
legacy38

Sunday: Signed in at the first stage at 0910. Finished shooting the last stage at 1125.

The weather was nice.

I am a little disappointed in both runs. I shot Competition followed by Guardian both with my G19/3. Competition was a 77.87 and Guardian looks like a 72.84. In Guardian, I had very good runs on the Glock-M and the plates, but 4 D hits in 5-Glock killed me.
legacy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 14:09   #11
Justin1911

Started at 9 am and finished up about 11 am with 5 divisions. Very well run match to say the least. Short 5TG and easy M set up = faster than normal scores to be expected.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Justin1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 14:37   #12
Melissa5

What a beautiful day for a match and GGC didn't disappoint. Even though they had 3+ inches of rain on Friday night, they were on top of things and it was not the mud bowl that I thought it was going to be. I was there from 11ish to 2ish and shot 3 categories. Everyone was really nice and laid back today. Maybe I'll start shooting on Sunday instead of Saturday. The crowd was very light and things seemed to be running smoothly.

Anyway, I managed to pull off personal bests in all 3 categories with sub 130's. I tried to slow down some and get a better sight picture on my follow up shots, but still managed to spray some around. Also, I had changed my grip a little bit. AND, I finally got through a match without leaving ANY of the plates standing! Yay me!

For unlimited, I shot my new Carver Glock 22 racegun (The Black Widow) and beat my time with my 9mm racegun. I still need to get my reloads dialed in and get a lot more practice with the CMORE sight. Altogether though, I was VERY pleased with it.

Tony, it was great talking to you and Andrea and thanks for the ride to my truck. It was also good to meet you, noponer. Ed, I enjoyed seeing you again too.
John 3:16
Melissa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 17:09   #13
emtjr928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa5 View Post
What a beautiful day for a match and GGC didn't disappoint. Even though they had 3+ inches of rain on Friday night, they were on top of things and it was not the mud bowl that I thought it was going to be. I was there from 11ish to 2ish and shot 3 categories. Everyone was really nice and laid back today. Maybe I'll start shooting on Sunday instead of Saturday. The crowd was very light and things seemed to be running smoothly.

Anyway, I managed to pull off personal bests in all 3 categories with sub 130's. I tried to slow down some and get a better sight picture on my follow up shots, but still managed to spray some around. Also, I had changed my grip a little bit. AND, I finally got through a match without leaving ANY of the plates standing! Yay me!

For unlimited, I shot my new Carver Glock 22 racegun (The Black Widow) and beat my time with my 9mm racegun. I still need to get my reloads dialed in and get a lot more practice with the CMORE sight. Altogether though, I was VERY pleased with it.

Tony, it was great talking to you and Andrea and thanks for the ride to my truck. It was also good to meet you, noponer. Ed, I enjoyed seeing you again too.
Good to see you Melissa, Hope you get your 40 loads worked out before Reesville(sp).
Old 02-24-2013, 17:12   #14
emtjr928

Looks like the preliminary count will be 714. Not a record , but considering the weather Fri and Saturday forecast as well as the lack of retail ammo in the Atlanta market we are pleased.
We will try to make it even better next year and try to find someone who can rig the weather forecast in our favor.

Thanks to everyone who came. Hope you had a good time.

Be Safe!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 17:32   #15
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Looks like the preliminary count will be 714. Not a record , but considering the weather Fri and Saturday forecast as well as the lack of retail ammo in the Atlanta market we are pleased.
We will try to make it even better next year and try to find someone who can rig the weather forecast in our favor.

Be Safe!!!
I'll work on the weather if you work on ammo availability.
Old 02-24-2013, 18:49   #16
Scooter921

Click image for larger version

Name:	t shirts.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	231513

GRIFFIN had the t-shirts and there are some left,

the thumb nail is small cant get it bigger

send me a PM with your email address or email me at pd05@bellsouth.net as i cant get the pic to show for some reason and i will send you the designs, and you can email me back if you want one and i will give you my address to mail me the money and get your address to send to you selling them for 10.00 and 3.00 shipping they are on a natuaral sand color t-shirt med large and x large available

Last edited by Scooter921; 02-25-2013 at 02:53.. Reason: pics
Old 02-24-2013, 18:56   #17
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter921 View Post
GRIFFIN had the t-shirts and there are some left, these are what they look like if interested send me a PM and i will give you my address to mail me the money and get your address to send to you selling them for 12.00 and 3.00 shipping The small pic is on the left chest and the big is on the back they are on a natuaral sand color t-shirtv med large and x large available GSSF
Can't see it....

Yahoo! - Help

Sorry, Forbidden.
You don't have permission to access this URL on this server.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 18:59   #18
Scooter921

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
Can't see it....

Yahoo! - Help

Sorry, Forbidden.
You don't have permission to access this URL on this server.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.
ok thank you let me see how to fix it
Old 02-24-2013, 19:09   #19
Scooter921

i have attached thumb nails let me know if you can see them now
Old 02-24-2013, 21:24   #20
Noponer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa5 View Post

Good to meet you, too, Melissa!

Griffin Gun Club puts on the friendliest match I know. Even with the rain, they made everyone feel right at home... as they did at the first 2 matches.
Old 02-24-2013, 22:49   #21
mikey357
CLM Number 105
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

Be Safe!!!
According to Scott Gilbertson, that 714 count would be the Fifth-largest GSSF Match EVER...In only the Griffin Gun Club's THIRD YEAR of hosting GSSF Matches...and 2012's Griffin Match is ALSO in the "Top Five"! AWESOME!!!... ....mikey357
S&W Club # 646
21 Club # 0357
NRA Life Member
Certified GLOCK Armorer
mikey357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 23:02   #22
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter921 View Post
i have attached thumb nails let me know if you can see them now
Yes, I see them very, very small - about the size of a "thumbnail".
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:12   #23
bryandover

Thanks to the Griffin and GSSF crews for a great match. They had their act togather this time. I got thru 6 divisions in 2 hours on Saturday. Getting the timers set so you can shoot side by side setups really speeds things up. I hope GSSF keeps up this practice for the future.
bryandover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:59   #24
lethal tupperwa

so someone listened to Kitty.

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 15:15   #25
emtjr928

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryandover View Post
Thanks to the Griffin and GSSF crews for a great match. They had their act togather this time. I got thru 6 divisions in 2 hours on Saturday. Getting the timers set so you can shoot side by side setups really speeds things up. I hope GSSF keeps up this practice for the future.
Thanks for the kind words Bryan! Look forward to the next time I see you.