SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:43   #226
2bgop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
Huh....in the Cop Forum, Rabbi indicates he's a patrolman....so was he a particle physicist and gave that up to be a cop?

If that is the case, interesting that Rabbi didn't correct you. But smh, I'm not surprised.
Dude, stop digging.
2bgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:50   #227
pat701

If the divorce laws would get a little more men friendly less wifes would mysteriously disappear
pat701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:53   #228
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bgop View Post
Dude, stop digging.
A man in a hole over his head usually has a shovel. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:06   #229
devildog2067

Quote:
Yet most of you provided no links to support your argument, but adamantly thought your beliefs were enough.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
devildog2067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:07   #230
devildog2067

Quote:
Huh....in the Cop Forum, Rabbi indicates he's a patrolman....so was he a particle physicist and gave that up to be a cop?
I'm a particle physicist. Rabbi is a cop who studied physics.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:27   #231
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:

If that is the case, interesting that Rabbi didn't correct you. But smh, I'm not surprised.
I am a physicist who did his graduate work in math. I didnt give up anything to be anything. I have several patents in the aerospace field and I have worked as a venture capitalist, starting and investing in business, most of my adult life. Among many other things I do work part time as a street cop. I also know a number of people here in real life and they know my story. You are late to this party, and that is OK, there is no expectation that you would know such things but it doest make sense for you to use that as a point when you have no clue. Devildog is also a (much better educated that I), physicist who is very well vetted for his graduate work on the LHC at CERN which earned him his PhD from a very prestigious school.

Listen, I am going to try another approach because you are not getting it. No picking or being a prick...just listen because you have missed it. It isnt everyone else, it is you.

Devildog brought up rape. Real rape. He brought it up as hyperbole in the form of a parable.

You used that as a segway to go off on a tangent about womens rape fantasies.

The two are unrelated. You have not been called out because of any flaw in your point(that is another topic). You have been called out because making your point in this thread makes no sense. I.E. "your point is stupid...."

You have not been able to understand this. No one changed or backtracked. Your thoughts and *facts* are not being challenged.

Go back and read it. You did not only fail to understand everyone elses point....but everytime it was explained to you, you started fighting the wrong fight.

You have a chance here to hit the reset button and see where you went off the tracks. Please do so.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon

Last edited by Rabbi; 02-23-2013 at 11:31..
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 15:38   #232
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
MY point is that while women abhor rape (and rightfully so), almost ALL (indeed I would say ALL) women want to be taken against their will with a trusting partner.
Green_Manelishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 15:49   #233
fx77
CLM Number 232
Charter Lifetime Member

What's that old line?
I thought I would marry her, but instead I bought her a house and walked away. It was cheaper .
fx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 16:00   #234
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed View Post
I have not followed this thread, but I will say that I would whack off my Johnson before I would get married again.
I got married specifically so I wouldn't have to do that anymore. Big mistake.

Last edited by Gunhaver; 02-23-2013 at 16:03..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 20:54   #235
Foxterriermom

Kurly, you got owned by both Rabbi and Devil Dog and somehow are too thick to even recognize it. And by the way, they are right.

And for your information, I am a 52 year old woman that has enjoyed a very healthy sex life and never once have I ever entertained a rape fantasy nor do I know any other woman who has openly admitted to having one. My girlfriends and I talk very openly talk about sexual matters and I can tell you everyone of them would have the same repulsive reaction that I have. No self-respecting woman wants to be taken against her will.

And yes, you DID indicate that most women fantazied about being raped and then later tried to back pedal and qualify your statement. If you honestly believe this, you have a terribly distorted view of woman. The things you have said in this thread disgust me.
Foxterriermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 21:30   #236
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipaladin View Post
One of my best friends just finished up 25 years on the job working 60-80 hours a week the whole time. ... The week after he puts in his retirement papers, the witch files for divorce.
I suspect his 60-80 hours/week for 25years did his marriage no good.
Old 02-23-2013, 22:00   #237
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Manelishi View Post
I suspect his 60-80 hours/week for 25years did his marriage no good.
Yeah right, and just when that's all about to be over she decides she's had enough. Sometimes timing is very telling.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:55   #238
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Yeah right, and just when that's all about to be over she decides she's had enough. Sometimes timing is very telling.
Bitterness is a difficult pill to swallow. True, her timing was poor, but I stand by my comment that years of consecutive 60-80 work weeks benefit only your toy collection. I'll wager they had a boat, nice cars, big house, etc. but no family time. I'll also come right out and state that married folks should think twice or even three times before entering LE or the military UNLESS there is agreement and a very high level of maturity and understanding of the job requirements.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:22   #239
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Manelishi View Post
Bitterness is a difficult pill to swallow. True, her timing was poor, but I stand by my comment that years of consecutive 60-80 work weeks benefit only your toy collection. I'll wager they had a boat, nice cars, big house, etc. but no family time. I'll also come right out and state that married folks should think twice or even three times before entering LE or the military UNLESS there is agreement and a very high level of maturity and understanding of the job requirements.
You either love someone and want to be with them or you dont.

If you pull the "you are never here...." or any variation of that in order to leave, then you are making it about you. Of course there are details to that and it does cause stress....but everything stresses a relationship. You either stay together or you dont.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Old 02-24-2013, 11:13   #240
ysr_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I am a physicist who did his graduate work in math. I didnt give up anything to be anything. I have several patents in the aerospace field and I have worked as a venture capitalist, starting and investing in business, most of my adult life. Among many other things I do work part time as a street cop. I also know a number of people here in real life and they know my story. You are late to this party, and that is OK, there is no expectation that you would know such things but it doest make sense for you to use that as a point when you have no clue. Devildog is also a (much better educated that I), physicist who is very well vetted for his graduate work on the LHC at CERN which earned him his PhD from a very prestigious school...
I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, and I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing. I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, and I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 385. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life, but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.
ysr_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:33   #241
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, and I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing. I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, and I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 385. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life, but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.
That is actually a damned funny piece. The problem with trying to apply it too me is, I have chronicled a long slew of my flailures, struggles and things I suck at in spite of the things I have done well.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:48   #242
Mrs.Cicero
Wayward Member

Quote:

You forgot to mention that you occasionally channel Mark Twain and Ernest Hemingway, simultaneously.

"Oh bother," said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Mrs.Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 14:10   #243
ysr_racer

Hemingway was a hack, this is great journalism

http://www.ysr-racer.com/sporting_clays/hollywood.htm

ysr_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 21:22   #244
OmarR

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
Quick glance at the BLS shows that in nearly 30% of couples, the wives earn more than the husbands.
So does that mean that in nearly over 70% of married couples, should they divorce, the woman is legally entitled to alimony?
OmarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 21:25   #245
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarR View Post
So does that mean that in nearly over 70% of married couples, should they divorce, the woman is legally entitled to alimony?
It depends heavily on the divorce laws state by state, as far as I know. When I got divorced my ex wife was unemployed, and I didn't have to pay any alimony.
Old 02-24-2013, 21:25   #246
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
No, there is going to be a % of couples who earn a similar amount to chip away at that 70%

And the obvious one, not all places have alimony and even in the places that do have it, you may not qualify for various reasons, even if your spouse makes more money.

Old 02-24-2013, 22:11   #247
podwich

Quote:

I assume you prefer Dos Equis.
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 23:33   #248
vikingsoftpaw

Quote:
Friends of mine have had to deal with situation like that. Their old ladies would swear up and down that they would leave if they had the money. The dynamic at play here is a married woman has control over 8 paychecks a month. A single woman only 4.

Chicks don't like the thought of living off only their earnings. Heaven forbid, that one would have to go back to apartment living, giving up access to a home.

Women have a thing about not leaving a relationship without having another one locked down.

I've known too many dudes who were put in the extra hours so that their wives could be stay-at-home-moms. Their reward for the sacrifice was another man baby in their wife's belly.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine
vikingsoftpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 00:33   #249
Tiro Fijo

Remember that above everything love is a behavior & not an emotion. What most people classify as love wears off in four years as Evolution intended in order to propagate the species. Anthropologists speculate that most relationships end at four years as endorphins wear off because when we were evolving it took approx. that period of time for a child to become bipedal in order to escape predators, hence we sought other partners to spread the genes. It's the four year "itch" and not seven.

As the ol' dance floor maxim goes "baby, if you don't feel I love you then feel a little lower!!"

Last edited by Tiro Fijo; 02-25-2013 at 00:33..
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:59   #250
Mrs.Cicero
Wayward Member

The whole point of alimony should be if the wife has sacrificed her career, either by staying home and raising children (which should be a mutual decision on the part of both parents, not just hers, or his), or by moving every time her husband gets a transfer/promotion, that she shouldn't be left with nothing if he leaves her (or cheats on her or beats her and she leaves him). I'm good with that. I'm not good with awarding alimony in no-fault divorces, or in cases where she earns more money than he does, or in cases where she chooses to leave because she "feels unfulfilled" whatever the hell that means. Common sense needs to be applied to the concept.

"Oh bother," said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Mrs.Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote