Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-22-2013, 19:52   #1
wrenrj1

New Modem Issues

My TWC modem crapped out so I bought a new Motorola modem (so I won't have a monthly fee for a modem). I worked with TWC to get the modem set up and obviously the modem works.

My home page, which is Yahoo comes up as: "Sorry, the page you requested was not found." I have another bookmark link to my Yahoo mail that works. Additionally, I have an AOL email account that just doesn't load (the AOL website). All of my other bookmarks seem to work.

Our Apple laptop works and displays AOL and Yahoo, yet the IMac which is the "hub" of all of this doesn't.

Any Ideas?
Old 02-22-2013, 21:43   #2
bobby_w
Platinum Membership
Alienigena

Which Motorola is it ?

Have you checked the Motorola support site to see if the Firmware is current/updated ?

Cable Modems

DSL Modems
bobby_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:32   #3
wrenrj1

Motorola SB6141 Surfboard. I went thru FAQ's and didn't find anything regarding specific websites that don't work. AOL and Yahoo (my two email sources) are the only two. At least Yahoo gives me a page not found, AOL doesn't even open.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:11   #4
wcarter4

The problem may be on Yahoo's side. They just completely revamped their website a few days ago. It could be that their upgrades have caused it to not display correctly on your rig. Or it could be the link you have in your homepage settings list is dead now.
If you can use other websites just fine, my money is on the problems being due to Yahoo's changes rather than any specific problems with the modem.
wcarter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 18:33   #5
GlockFanWA

What is the address in the URL of your browser?
GlockFanWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 19:25   #6
wrenrj1

I figured it out. I went into Safari and reset Safari which removes everything, preferences, history, saved passwords etc. At least it kept my bookmarks. All the websites were then able to be accessed. The PITA was going back and having to remember passwords etc. to log back on to sites I was automatically logged on to.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.