Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:00   #1
JJPLaw

Reloads in a Glock .40

I recently saw Dicks sells .40 cal reloads. They are jacketed and come in a 225 rd pack for $50ish. Are these safe to fire in a stock Glock 27 or 23?
JJPLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:33   #2
todd_g

There are several companies that make "remanufactured" ammunition, not some guy in his basement cranking out rounds with his Dillon press. Most are under powered and the powder a little smokie coming out, but are generally safe to shoot out of glocks of any other firearm. I have bought and fired serveral hundred of remanufactured 40sw and 9mm without issue.
todd_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:19   #3
MarcDW
MDW Guns

IMHO better then Wolf, however it's voids the Glock warranty.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
for current inventory
MarcDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:28   #4
Z71bill

Sounds like a good deal to me - I would not hesitate to shoot quality reloads in any of my guns.

Warranty issue is valid - if you have a KB Glock will not do much to help you -

IMHO worth the small risk.
Z71bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 15:02   #5
BMiracletx

Who cares if it voids the warranty. I have been reloading for almost 15 years... untold tens of thousands of rounds downrange... never blown a gun up. With my reloads being about 30-50% the price of factory rounds, the savings over time has allowed me to buy many other guns... so if I blow up a Glock, the money I saved reloading will more than cover the price of a new gun.

DISCLAIMER- I do not shoot someone elses reloads... and I am super picky/type A when doing my loading.
BMiracletx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 15:40   #6
JJPLaw

Dumb question but, how would one know if a reload harmed the gun re: warranty?
JJPLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 15:44   #7
dkf

To legally manufacture "reloaded" ammo for sale the company has to be licensed to do so and will have insurance. Blow your gun up with their ammo they should cover the repair or replacement costs just like the "factory" ammo companies.

That said I don't buy ammo that comes in a plastic bag with a homebrew label stuck fast to it.(like you sometimes see at gun shows)

Last edited by dkf; 02-23-2013 at 15:54..
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 17:45   #8
BMiracletx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJPLaw View Post
Dumb question but, how would one know if a reload harmed the gun re: warranty?
They can't. Glock won't know unless YOU tell them.
BMiracletx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 18:00   #9
Lvs1935

My Glocks and every other centerfire pistol Ive owned have had a steady diet of my reloads. The guy that got me started reloading use to sell his reloads. I can't recall how many thousands of his I fired until he told me to quit wasting my money and start reloading myself. I've never had a problem. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase that ammo you saw at Dicks.
Lvs1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 18:32   #10
fuzzy03cls

I don't buy reloads. Any reloads. If I shoot them it's ones I make.
I did shoot off 20rds of a local company's reloads that they were giving away as a promotion...I cringed with every press of the trigger from my G22.....I never want to do that again.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 18:41   #11
toshbar
Timber Baron

I had 1000 rounds of 'commercially reloaded' ammo given to me after it had been 'turned in' to a local gunshop. My glock 24 had a case failure/blew the mag out on the 3rd shot, scared me to look at my hands which were BLACK and had the magazine release, and trigger silhouetted on both of my hands/fingers. I felt the grip swell when this happened.

I pulled the components, tossed the powder out, and reloaded them myself with starting charge weight of bullseye. I was having case failures still, except now they were less violent, yet still scary. I'd get a few muffled pops coming from the breech per magazine, and one of them got the mag to unseat, but it stayed in the magwell this time. I chalked it up to severely weakened brass. I ended up firing all 900 or so remaining rounds out of my sub2000 one afternoon without issue. It has a tighter chamber and I suppose supported the case better. I collected all the brass and scrapped it.

I have photos of all this if anyone wants to see.

Other than that, my glock 24 has only fired my reloads. About 6k of them....without issue.
2 4 R

Last edited by toshbar; 02-23-2013 at 18:44..
toshbar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g23, reloads