GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 17:50   #201
FloorPoor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 134
I've been married 16 years, it's had it's share of goods and bads, but if it does happen to go south, I won't marry again.
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 18:53   #202
Firecop203
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 555
I've been married and divorced three times. Never again. All marriage does is provide a retirement plan for the woman.

I've lost three houses, several hundred thousand dollars in child support and suffered through lots of grief. I've had to work full time with second and third part time jobs at the same time to make ends meet. My kids are grown now and since I've been single, I've been debt free and loving it.

If you decide to get married, proceed with EXTREME caution.
__________________
“Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
Benjamin Franklin
Firecop203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:28   #203
Steve19
Member
 
Steve19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 46
Send a message via MSN to Steve19
About two weeks ago an old lady and man came in to my work to get an oil leak repaired and so I got to talking to the lady and she said she and her husband have been married for 72 years and still in love despite the husband being taken away mentally from alzheimer's.

You just dont see that, that often anymore today.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Steve19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:32   #204
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgraywolf View Post
Kurly boy, you're arguing with the sharpest knives in the drawer and getting cut up badly.


I was thinking the same thing. I've never seen anyone best DD or Rabbi but some sure are willing to go down in flames trying.

Watch out for Rabbi especially. He got me pretty good once and I can't even remember what we were arguing about. You just better watch how you word things or he'll have you backpedaling like a clown on a unicycle.

Wait... Too late.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:11   #205
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Here we see Devildog talking about actual, real rape.




Here is your response. It is a stupid response, even if true.




You are simply disconected.

You cant follow along.

You keep asserting we dont know what we are talking about because we refuse to believe your points. (nope, what you say rings true in some ways)

To be blunt, we were all talking about shoes and you barge in with points about pants. We can talk about pants, but your point here, is stupid.

Real Rape....and you used it to go on a crusade=stupid.


I am just pointing out the context issues. I have not even begun to point out the content issues (see what I bolded in your post, there is no "but...." when it comes to real rape)


I have posted my words, I will stand on them. If you need the last word, go for it. They tend to indict you more than I can.
I believe you're the one that can't follow along. The only thing close to rape that I commented on was that women desire to be taken (a dominant man in the bedroom context) and have rape fantasies (which I clarified are done in the context of a trusting relationship).

But thanks for proving my point. You've shown your incapability of admitting you're wrong. But thanks for playing.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:16   #206
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post


I was thinking the same thing. I've never seen anyone best DD or Rabbi but some sure are willing to go down in flames trying.

Watch out for Rabbi especially. He got me pretty good once and I can't even remember what we were arguing about. You just better watch how you word things or he'll have you backpedaling like a clown on a unicycle.

Wait... Too late.
Rabbi tries to make it seem like I bring up rape when in fact it was a different poster, Devildog, who did. Then he backpedals by saying that it was the inference towards rape when I said in fact it was rape fantasies that women have (and backed up my pages of articles that confirm this) and want to be taken by a dominant man in the bedroom (also backed up).

Somehow he in turn incorporates that I believe women should be raped.

Yet even in his own attempt at proving me wrong, he shows that nowhere did I say that and even stated that women want to enjoy a rape-fantasy in the context of a trusting and loving relationship.

But somehow he thinks that means I meant women enjoy rape. Circular logic, I guess. But to each their own....

Last edited by Kurly; 02-21-2013 at 21:17..
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:25   #207
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
Rabbi tries to make it seem like I bring up rape when in fact it was a different poster, Devildog, who did. Then he backpedals by saying that it was the inference towards rape when I said in fact it was rape fantasies that women have (and backed up my pages of articles that confirm this) and want to be taken by a dominant man in the bedroom (also backed up).

Somehow he in turn incorporates that I believe women should be raped.

Yet even in his own attempt at proving me wrong, he shows that nowhere did I say that and even stated that women want to enjoy a rape-fantasy in the context of a trusting and loving relationship.

But somehow he thinks that means I meant women enjoy rape. Circular logic, I guess. But to each their own....
What do you do for a living? Because this is a statistician and a particle physicist that you're arguing with here. Not sure why you think they're the ones with flawed logic.

That "sharpest tools in the drawer" comment you got earlier is pretty much the general consensus here on GT. Get back to me when we start seeing members frequently ask where that Kurly guy is so he can explain something to us.

Last edited by Gunhaver; 02-21-2013 at 21:34..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:33   #208
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Here's where you screwed up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post

MY point is that while women abhor rape (and rightfully so), almost ALL (indeed I would say ALL) women want to be taken against their will with a trusting partner.
ALL women WANT to be taken AGAINST THEIR WILL? If it were really against her will then she wouldn't really be wanting it now would she? Flawed logic that you seem to have no problem attributing to ALL women.

And then you started backpedaling from there. Can you juggle too?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:33   #209
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
What do you do for a living? Because this is a statistician and a particle physicist that you're arguing with here. Not sure why you think they're the ones with flawed logic.

That "sharpest tools in the drawer" comment you got earlier is pretty much the general consensus here on GT. Get back to me when members frequently ask where that Kurly guy is so he can explain something to us.
I'm in hospital design. That's great that Rabbi has an education but simply because one's educated, doesn't mean they don't misinterpret what occurred. A group of people can see the exact same incident and have different perspectives of what occurred. Sometimes intelligent people get lost in the blades of grass.

LOL. You seem to think pretty highly of your 'perspective' as well I see.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 22:01   #210
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Here's where you screwed up.



ALL women WANT to be taken AGAINST THEIR WILL? If it were really against her will then she wouldn't really be wanting it now would she? Flawed logic that you seem to have no problem attributing to ALL women.

And then you started backpedaling from there. Can you juggle too?
Yep, I did write that. But I first referenced in several posts prior to and which Rabbi thought I first referenced "rape" as being acceptable (which I did not, another poster did) and thus began his attack on what he thought I meant, versus what I had said. It was only later that I wrote the above but Rabbi had already started to attack what he thought I meant, and not my choice of words you reference above.

And yes, I do think (and have supporting links I've provided) that women want to be dominated and involve themselves in rape-fantasies with a trusting partner.

Perhaps "against their will" to you implies non-consent, but I thought I made it quite clear in several posts prior to that, it requires consent and spoke about this from the get-go. Clearly a choice of words which under scrutiny may be debatable, but in the context of what I wrote, shouldn't be if one actually reads what was previously written.

P.S. Do you ask your wife/girlfriend whether she wants to have sex or do you simply initiate it and see if she responds? And please note that this statement doesn't imply forcing her to do anything, just initiate. Has she first rebuked your advances only to succumb and enjoy herself? Would you not say that you "took" her against her will initially but later changed her mind?

Do you surprise her and take her out for something adventurous (nice dinner, dancing, overnight trip) without her approval or do you always ask first? By your thinking, it seems like you'd try and make the case she was kidnapped.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 22:03   #211
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
I'm in hospital design. That's great that Rabbi has an education but simply because one's educated, doesn't mean they don't misinterpret what occurred. A group of people can see the exact same incident and have different perspectives of what occurred. Sometimes intelligent people get lost in the blades of grass.

LOL. You seem to think pretty highly of your 'perspective' as well I see.
I do think pretty highly of my perspective but I'm not infallible. I think even higher of the perspectives of DD and Rabbi not because they're both more educated than myself but because they're both much smarter than myself. I'm not real popular here because of my politics. I get bashed and trashed here way more than most and I hold my own pretty damn well I think. So you can be assured that when I admit that someone bested me in an argument, that's somebody that you probably shouldn't tangle with.

But please continue. It's always entertaining when someone mixed it up with just one of them, and you think you can take them both.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 22:10   #212
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I do think pretty highly of my perspective but I'm not infallible. I think even higher of the perspectives of DD and Rabbi not because they're both more educated than myself but because they're both much smarter than myself. I'm not real popular here because of my politics. I get bashed and trashed here way more than most and I hold my own pretty damn well I think. So you can be assured that when I admit that someone bested me in an argument, that's somebody that you probably shouldn't tangle with.

But please continue. It's always entertaining when someone mixed it up with just one of them, and you think you can take them both.
Great, here's some

Enjoy the show. Hopefully the previews here are over and we can get back on track to the original subject matter....
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 22:14   #213
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post

P.S. Do you ask your wife/girlfriend whether she wants to have sex or do you simply initiate it and see if she responds? And please note that this statement doesn't imply forcing her to do anything, just initiate. Has she first rebuked your advances only to succumb and enjoy herself? Would you not say that you "took" her against her will initially but later changed her mind?
I never get a chance to initiate anything before she's already done it but then I'm a 3 fisted God in the sack so can't say I blame her.

I've never been one to play the pursuit games that some women like to play. I prefer for them to come after me and I'm seldom disappointed. It's no secrete that many women want what they think they can't have. Let her think you're indifferent because you have plenty of other options and you'd be amazed.

I have my problems but women have never been one of them, hence my total lack of motivation to make misogynistic comments.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 22:17   #214
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,866


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
Rabbi tries to make it seem like I bring up rape when in fact it was a different poster, Devildog, who did. Then he backpedals by saying that it was the inference towards rape when I said in fact it was rape fantasies that women have (and backed up my pages of articles that confirm this) and want to be taken by a dominant man in the bedroom (also backed up).

Somehow he in turn incorporates that I believe women should be raped.

Yet even in his own attempt at proving me wrong, he shows that nowhere did I say that and even stated that women want to enjoy a rape-fantasy in the context of a trusting and loving relationship.

But somehow he thinks that means I meant women enjoy rape. Circular logic, I guess. But to each their own....
I just have to quote this. You sure are wired wrong.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 22:43   #215
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 27,530
The Okie Corral
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:06   #216
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
The Okie Corral

I'm just glad I had gunhaver, and Rabbi to argue my points for me. Sure as hell saved me a lot of typing.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 22:16   #217
Tacoma12
The Dude Abides
 
Tacoma12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQof1 View Post
Half Eddie!
Haha. Eddie...what have you done for me lately???
__________________
Florida Glocker #163
G19, G21, G22, G23, G26, G33 & some XD's
Tacoma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 22:49   #218
vikingsoftpaw
Senior Member
 
vikingsoftpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Willoughby, Ohio USA
Posts: 5,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by powder86 View Post
Happily married for almost 5 years now. Have 1 beautiful daughter, and a son on the way. My wife is my best friend and shooting partner. Choose well, live well. I chose well. It requires real effort for both of us, but my family is my joy.
We share morals, goals, views on how to raise our children, views on budgeting and living within our means, and we want to honor the promises we've made to each other. Oh and forgiveness is important for us. We know that we don't have to be perfect, but we'll still be loved.
Having been single, married with no kids, and married with kids, the latter is the best. It's the most fun and the happiest I've ever been.
If you can marry the right person, marriage makes life a breeze. (In my experience.)
Powder, Choice is the key to a good relationship. I've know too many guys to violate the rules of common sense.

1 - Don't put your wiener in crazy.
2 - Party girls and barflies don't make good wives.
3 - You can't turn a ho into a homemaker.
4 - Gold diggers never pan out.

Choose a mate well, like your future depends on it. Because it does.
__________________
G - Guns, PG - Plenty of Guns, PG-13 - More than 13 Guns.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine
vikingsoftpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 22:58   #219
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al
 
ShallNotBeInfringed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NRA Benefactor Life Member Nebraska
Posts: 1,238
I have not followed this thread, but I will say that I would whack off my Johnson before I would get married again.
__________________
19 21 Cutaways 19 19C 20 20SF 21 21C 23 23C 32 32C 22LR 460 Glock Armorer
Nebraska Concealed Carry Instructor, 32 years CC Experience1981-2013 Retired FFL1991-2001
NRA Benefactor Life NRA CRSO NRA instructor RSOi CPi PPITHi PPOTHi RTBAVi
ShallNotBeInfringed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 23:20   #220
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member
 
jdeere_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW Missouri
Posts: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsoftpaw View Post
Powder, Choice is the key to a good relationship. I've know too many guys to violate the rules of common sense.

1 - Don't put your wiener in crazy.
2 - Party girls and barflies don't make good wives.
3 - You can't turn a ho into a homemaker.
4 - Gold diggers never pan out.

Choose a mate well, like your future depends on it. Because it does.
Problem is several of them I know can put on one hell of a charade, but none have pulled the wool over my eyes.

They say ***** is a powerful thing and it will make you do stupid things. I've seen lots of stupid things done. Love is blind they say. I've seen plenty of people so blind they walked off a cliff.
__________________
Be weary of a summit that begins with sharing bread; for the sated man is at his weakest.
jdeere_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 23:56   #221
mrt949
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 861
Years ago before D.N.A. a friend gave his son the last child suport check with a note.That said this last one you get .She replied HE IS NOT YOURS .
mrt949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02   #222
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tax Funded Mental Institution
Posts: 5,144
Blog Entries: 1
Kurly, you best take your browbeating from GT's intellectual feminists. Now, apologize and go sleep on the couch.


NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:12   #223
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
What do you do for a living? Because this is a statistician and a particle physicist that you're arguing with here. Not sure why you think they're the ones with flawed logic.

That "sharpest tools in the drawer" comment you got earlier is pretty much the general consensus here on GT. Get back to me when we start seeing members frequently ask where that Kurly guy is so he can explain something to us.
Huh....in the Cop Forum, Rabbi indicates he's a patrolman....so was he a particle physicist and gave that up to be a cop?

If that is the case, interesting that Rabbi didn't correct you. But smh, I'm not surprised.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:13   #224
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
Kurly, you best take your browbeating from GT's intellectual feminists. Now, apologize and go sleep on the couch.


LOL. Feminists, like liberals, believe their beliefs trump any factual argument.

You know what they say about wrestling with a pig.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:18   #225
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
I'm just glad I had gunhaver, and Rabbi to argue my points for me. Sure as hell saved me a lot of typing.
Yet most of you provided no links to support your argument, but adamantly thought your beliefs were enough. Devildog at least had the courtesy to provide documentation of his BLS data.

But hey, I can understand standing up for someone who you've known in the thousands of posts you make here and are in the same league of having paid to support GT. The guy whose been here since 2006 and doesn't post much, gets ganged up by those who have each others 'back'.

In lieu of any supporting evidence, all I see here is a gang mentality against someone who isn't part of your pack.

BTW, N.O.W. wants to know when you're sending in your annual membership payment.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:57.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,245
410 Members
835 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42