Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-22-2013, 14:25   #1
Jet Mech

Why Doesn't Glock Do The Same???

There are a number of firearms manufacturers that have submitted letters to the states that are banning their citizens from owning certain guns. They are cancelling open orders and refusing to conduct business with state entities that don't allow their law abiding citizens to own the weapons they produce.
Why doesn't Glock do the same? The way I understand the New York Legislation is any magazine capable loading more than 7 rounds is banned from civilian ownership. That leave only the G-36 that a New York resident can lawfully own.
Glock should show it's true feelings for our constitution by adding their name to the list of manufacturers that refuse do do business with these states.
Barrett did it with California years ago.
We need help! Glock's statement would be one heard around the world!
Jet Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 16:15   #2
Jerry

First and foremost Glock is not an American company. Mr. Gaston Glock could care less about our Constitution. Now if it were to "really" affect his pocketbook perhaps he would try to do something. But since he is more concerned with LEO and military contracts than citizens rights I wouldn't expect anything from Glock.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 02-22-2013 at 16:16..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 16:26   #3
Batesmotel

U.S. civilian sales are a minor afterthought to Glock. If Glock cared they would have made guns filling the requests of the shooters. Instead other manufactures filled those gaps. The reason glock won't make a compact, single stack 9mm is because no military wants one.
Old 02-22-2013, 16:28   #4
JAS104
NRA Life Member

1) Theyre Austrian, and we're not their problem.
2) They're too busy supplying other militaries.
3) Out legislators wouldnt give a flying eff about an Europe based firearms company complaining about American laws.

Last edited by JAS104; 02-22-2013 at 16:29.. Reason: spelling
JAS104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 20:38   #5
Dawolf

Based on the availability of their guns to us, maybe indicative of what they are doing at the moment. Glocks are few and far in between in my area.
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 21:13   #6
fuzzy03cls

Glock has some of the biggest LEO contracts in NY, NYPD & NYS Troopers. This isn't hurting them.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 23:05   #7
glocktecher

Will someone please enlighten me as to why they think Glock (or S&W for that matter) should care more for the gov't contract market?

THEY GIVE THEM TO THOSE PEOPLE FOR $0. THEY DON'T MAKE MONEY OFF THEM, THEY ADD IT TO THE PRICE WE PAY.

In a gun magazine I was just reading, some PD switched to S&W MP 40 and it was a one on one exchange for their old guns. PLUS, they gave them free engraving, with the dept. logo, for free. They gave them free holsters. They gave them training for, I believe, 12armorers. THE PD GAVE THEM NOTHING BUT THEIR OLD PISTOLS. NO MONEY.

And Glock has provided the county PD where I live with FREE pistols, no money paid.

SO PLEASE FREAKING EXPLAIN HOW ANY OF YOU THINK THEY ARE MAKING THE MONEY ON THE GOV'T AND NOT US.

There are just too many kool aid drinkers that are too lazy or stupid to stand up to Glock & S/W and demand fair treatment.

We are paying too much for these models because we are not just paying for our guns, but the money the Manf is losing by giving them away for free.

Tell Glock to stop this crap or you can buy from somebody else.

Last edited by glocktecher; 02-22-2013 at 23:06..
glocktecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 00:15   #8
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocktecher View Post
Will someone please enlighten me as to why they think Glock (or S&W for that matter) should care more for the gov't contract market?

THEY GIVE THEM TO THOSE PEOPLE FOR $0. THEY DON'T MAKE MONEY OFF THEM, THEY ADD IT TO THE PRICE WE PAY.

In a gun magazine I was just reading, some PD switched to S&W MP 40 and it was a one on one exchange for their old guns. PLUS, they gave them free engraving, with the dept. logo, for free. They gave them free holsters. They gave them training for, I believe, 12armorers. THE PD GAVE THEM NOTHING BUT THEIR OLD PISTOLS. NO MONEY.

And Glock has provided the county PD where I live with FREE pistols, no money paid.

SO PLEASE FREAKING EXPLAIN HOW ANY OF YOU THINK THEY ARE MAKING THE MONEY ON THE GOV'T AND NOT US.

There are just too many kool aid drinkers that are too lazy or stupid to stand up to Glock & S/W and demand fair treatment.

We are paying too much for these models because we are not just paying for our guns, but the money the Manf is losing by giving them away for free.

Tell Glock to stop this crap or you can buy from somebody else.
Well, all I can say is S&W (under the old ownership) was the first to sell us out to Clinton. If Glock and S&W are giving every LEO and the military everything free I have no idea how they are still in business. I guarantee LEO and military trump citizen when it comes to both companies. If you have proof otherwise please post it. If you know why S&W isn't supporting us and something other than what I posted as to why Glock isn't supporting citizens rights please post that too because they sure in hell aren't.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 02-23-2013, 11:33   #9
glocktecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Well, all I can say is S&W (under the old ownership) was the first to sell us out to Clinton. If Glock and S&W are giving every LEO and the military everything free I have no idea how they are still in business. I guarantee LEO and military trump citizen when it comes to both companies. If you have proof otherwise please post it. If you know why S&W isn't supporting us and something other than what I posted as to why Glock isn't supporting citizens rights please post that too because they sure in hell aren't.
I just told you. They are not making enough money to stay in business with gov't contracts, they stay in business from the civilian sales.

If I sell 50 widgets and make $1 and I sell 5 widgets and make $20, where do you think the real profit is?

I referenced the recent gun mag I read about S&W. They said they did a one on one exchange right there in the article.
PLUS all the extras they gave them.

In my suburb county of Atlanta, my neighbor (it was about 8 years ago) was on the board to pick a new weapon for the county. He told me Glock did the same, the county paid $0 for the new G22s.

Glocks will, in their own Annual, talk about PDs that got new pistols at no charge.

You seriously think they are making money off that?

THEY ARE MAKING MONEY OFF US, AND WE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW TO TREAT GOV'T AGENCIES IN NON-FREE STATES THE SAME WAY THE HONEST CITIZENS ARE.
glocktecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:18   #10
Jet Mech

I can't say with any certainty where the highest profit margins are. My point is that the honest gun owning citizens of this country are a very loyal group. I believe we have the powere of numbers if they don't get corrupted by the current government's manipulation. Even Fox news has been reporting that 90% of Americans support universal background checks. We know thats pure BS. I would actually be surprised if 90% of the people agreed on anything.
I believe that Glock needs to show support for us, the average citizen, if they want our loyalty in the future.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:26   #11
Jet Mech

I just received this and have not had time to review or validate it.
http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

I certainly hope it's true and as I stated in my original post, Glock needs to join the list.
It's ashame the media will never carry it.
Old 02-23-2013, 13:06   #12
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocktecher View Post
I just told you. They are not making enough money to stay in business with gov't contracts, they stay in business from the civilian sales.

If I sell 50 widgets and make $1 and I sell 5 widgets and make $20, where do you think the real profit is?

I referenced the recent gun mag I read about S&W. They said they did a one on one exchange right there in the article.
PLUS all the extras they gave them.

In my suburb county of Atlanta, my neighbor (it was about 8 years ago) was on the board to pick a new weapon for the county. He told me Glock did the same, the county paid $0 for the new G22s.

Glocks will, in their own Annual, talk about PDs that got new pistols at no charge.

You seriously think they are making money off that?

THEY ARE MAKING MONEY OFF US, AND WE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW TO TREAT GOV'T AGENCIES IN NON-FREE STATES THE SAME WAY THE HONEST CITIZENS ARE.
Looks like you're telling me why they SHOULD BE SUPPORTING US. Perhaps I wasn't clear or I'm not comprehending your answer. If, as you say, they are going broke because of free stuff to LEOs and government... Why aren't they supporting us? Which is the OP's original question. That's the answer I'm not seeing in your post's
BIG DAWG #4

Last edited by Jerry; 02-23-2013 at 13:17..
Old 02-23-2013, 13:37   #13
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Mech View Post
I can't say with any certainty where the highest profit margins are. My point is that the honest gun owning citizens of this country are a very loyal group. I believe we have the powere of numbers if they don't get corrupted by the current government's manipulation. Even Fox news has been reporting that 90% of Americans support universal background checks. We know thats pure BS. I would actually be surprised if 90% of the people agreed on anything.
I believe that Glock needs to show support for us, the average citizen, if they want our loyalty in the future.
Glock knows how STUPID the average American has become. So does everyone but the MORONS themselves. Just look around this forum if you think I'm wrong. Even if Mr' Glock came out and said he was for full registration the vase majority of firearms purchasers would still but Glocks.

When S&W signed Clinton's bill I had many an argument with people that were still buying S&W products. Glocks and S&W are flying off the shelves. I don't think they are too worried about the present situation. Their sales are through the roof.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 02-23-2013, 13:47   #14
Jerry

Quote:

I certainly hope it's true and as I stated in my original post, Glock needs to join the list.
It's ashame the media will never carry it.
Jet, you just rated yourself a place in the sticky's.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 02-23-2013, 13:51   #15
Jet Mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Jet, you just rated yourself a place in the sticky's.
Thanks Jerry. I just hope the list is not only true, but continuing to expand! I sent a letter to Glock asking them why they are not supporting us.
Old 02-23-2013, 13:56   #16
Jerry

Quote:
Thanks Jerry. I just hope the list is not only true, but continuing to expand! I sent a letter to Glock asking them why they are not supporting us.
Can't find anything in soops. When it comes to gun control that's a good thing. Found all sorts of links with info on Google. Looks legit.

http://www.usaprepares.com/governmen...olice-loophole
BIG DAWG #4

Last edited by Jerry; 02-23-2013 at 13:59..
Old 02-23-2013, 18:51   #17
fuzzy03cls

Quote:

It's a shame the media will never carry it.
It's accurate & real. Yahoo had some coverage on it earlier.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 19:10   #18
CanMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
U.S. civilian sales are a minor afterthought to Glock. If Glock cared they would have made guns filling the requests of the shooters. Instead other manufactures filled those gaps. The reason glock won't make a compact, single stack 9mm is because no military wants one.
Agreed! I wanted a 9mm single stack so I bought a Shield. That's not absolving S&W of anything regarding LE vs civilian sales but at least they're making the pistol I want.
S&W Club #43
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 22:27   #19
onebigelf

One of the other posts noted it in passing "Glock has contracts....".

Contracts are legally binding.

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:49   #20
steve4102

I don't know how a Foreign Co. like Glock does it, but an American Co. like S&W can and does write these freebies off on their taxes.
Anytime they donate to a non-profit or a Government Agency they can write off the cost as a Tax deduction. My guess the write off would be Full Retail and then some, making their donations "profitable".