SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-22-2013, 16:21   #26
Never Nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh228 View Post
I have a friend who has driven Vettes for most of his life...and he drives with headlights on all the time. (not sure why I mentioned the Vettes...just think it's a cool obsession for an engineer/lawyer...).

He also has installed a switch that allows him to turn on his brake lights independent of the brake pedal...a "back off" signal to tail-gaters.

He has also worked on an igniter/oil spray system for his exhaust... He really hates tail-gaters!

Sorry for the OT drift...couldn't stop myself...
Had a friend who rigged a windshield washer container for his rear window. He filled it with dishwashing liquid and whenever a tailgate got too close, he would wash his rear window. Ever see a car that was washed with soap and not rinsed properly?

NN
Old 02-22-2013, 16:25   #27
Palouse
Lifetime Membership
The Resistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by vart View Post
Back where I grew up in Idaho, whenever there was the occasional winter/spring fog in the morning, people turned on their headlights.
Living near where you grew up in Idaho (Moscow/Viola), I see enough ID plates driving around in fog to know that what you experienced in your youth is no longer true. People with "Famous Potatoes" on their plates also do not know how use their blinkers, but that's a separate issue.

Not to disparage Idahoans since I may be moving the eight miles across the border depending on how things go here in WA, I attribute most of what I see to the liberal elite who shop at the Moscow Food Co-op.

Last edited by Palouse; 02-22-2013 at 16:26..
Palouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 16:52   #28
Harper

I see people in town, almost every night I'm out, without their headlights on. I used to flash my lights but I've pretty much given up since they're so oblivious they still don't turn their lights on.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 17:12   #29
vart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palouse View Post
Living near where you grew up in Idaho (Moscow/Viola), I see enough ID plates driving around in fog to know that what you experienced in your youth is no longer true. People with "Famous Potatoes" on their plates also do not know how use their blinkers, but that's a separate issue.

Not to disparage Idahoans since I may be moving the eight miles across the border depending on how things go here in WA, I attribute most of what I see to the liberal elite who shop at the Moscow Food Co-op.
I visited my family in Moscow last summer, and couldn't believe how liberal Moscow had gotten...

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 17:40   #30
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh228 View Post
I have a friend who has driven Vettes for most of his life...and he drives with headlights on all the time. (not sure why I mentioned the Vettes...just think it's a cool obsession for an engineer/lawyer...).

He also has installed a switch that allows him to turn on his brake lights independent of the brake pedal...a "back off" signal to tail-gaters.

He has also worked on an igniter/oil spray system for his exhaust... He really hates tail-gaters!

Sorry for the OT drift...couldn't stop myself...
Refer him to the classic movie "Thunder Road". The moonshine runner has a rig under his rear bumper so he can spray oil on the road behind him.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-23-2013, 00:59   #31
goldenlight

I have the automatic headlights, as well as daytime running lights. I have a folded of rag on the dashboard that I cover the electric eye with, and it turns on all the car's lights, and also shuts them off with the ignition, so I don't have to worry about leaving my lights on. If I turn the lights on with the switch, I have to turn them off with the switch.

The only time I don't use my lights is when the sun is shining on the street... which doesn't happen much in the winter, unfortunately.

I figured it was way more stupid to have your lights on when you may not 'need' them, than NOT to, when you do.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:43   #32
TX OMFS
Right wing nut

In San Antonio everybody tries to out yield one another. 4 way stops are hell with everyone waving someone else on. I wish there was a law about right of way at a four way stop so it wasn't so confusing...

Highway ramps are also great. Not uncommon to see somebody on the freeway nearly stop to let someone on.

Stay off my grass!