Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-13-2013, 16:51   #1
Obi Wan

Problem Posting a New Sale Thread in Classifieds

I've been unable to post a new sale thread for the last two days. I've started 'fresh' a couple of times and don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. I've posted a few in the past and had no problems, so it's not like I've never done it before and have 'ten thumbs'... I don't think.

Any ideas as to what the problem is, or when it will be fixed?

This is what I've been getting for the last two days when I try to post a new 'Sale Thread'...

Quote:
We're sorry, but the system experienced an unrecoverable error. Please try again later.
Thanks!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Virg Muelleri

Last edited by Obi Wan; 02-13-2013 at 18:54..
Obi Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 20:22   #2
Obi Wan

Work-around figured out...

You can NOT enter anything in the description section when first posting the ad. Some people are entering the description in the first reply box, which I did, but then I determined that if you go up to the "Ad Options" drop-down box and "Edit Ad", you can input the description at that point and it seems to work fine.

The problem is that now that I entered the description in the first reply box, I've got the description twice... and you can't edit your reply. And since I'm not doing this whole thing again, it's going to stay the way it is.

http://glocktalk.com/classifieds/sho...?product=43523
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Virg Muelleri

Last edited by Obi Wan; 02-13-2013 at 20:23..
Old 02-15-2013, 11:30   #3
Eric
Big Giant Head

The formatting of one of the links you posted in the ad caused the process to fail. I'll look into why, but in the mean time, if the listing fails, remove any external links and try again.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:48   #4
Obi Wan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The formatting of one of the links you posted in the ad caused the process to fail. I'll look into why, but in the mean time, if the listing fails, remove any external links and try again.
Great info to know. Looking forward to hearing the 'why'.

Thanks!

P.S. It would be great if we could edit the reply comments.

It also seems that despite the ad(s) being set up at 15-90 days, etc, they never expire. I keep bringing up ads from 2011 that are no longer valid and it wastes a lot of time. Anything that can be done there?

Thanks again!

Chuck
Old 02-22-2013, 13:39   #5
Obi Wan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan View Post
Great info to know.

(1) Looking forward to hearing the 'why'.

Thanks!

(2) P.S. It would be great if we could edit the reply comments.

(3) It also seems that despite the ad(s) being set up at 15-90 days, etc, they never expire. I keep bringing up ads from 2011 that are no longer valid and it wastes a lot of time. Anything that can be done there?

Thanks again!

Chuck
Any info on any of the above, Eric?

Thanks.