Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-21-2013, 20:11   #51
jsg34
Blade Runner

I think so. I bicycle, run, train TRX, lift and hit the heavy bag. BP is low normal and weight is within range.
jsg34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:13   #52
NEW2GLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
44 , take 10 meds daily , fighting cancer off and on for 3 years , i feel 80 sometimes but i keep fighting . i know i will be dead before 50

we joined a gym /nautilus few months ago , so we do cardio , some weights , play raquetball and swim .

i want to give up so bad , but i cant i got family to look after. plus i farm self employed . im gonna go half and half with my nephew next year , i cant do it alone anymore .

thankfully i inherited good size chunk of change and have 3 rental properties. and i rent out our beach house . so money is not a problem but i always worry
Keep FIGHTING ASH----NEVER NERVER GIVE UP!!
NEW2GLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:14   #53
BEER
bad example

yesterday i lifted a chevy big block complete with heads and carb out of the bed of the truck, carried it 15 feet, and then lifted it up and set it on a 32 inch tall bench while smoking a cigarette.

2 weeks ago i bear hugged an empty ge side x side fridge/freezer and carried it from one side of the room to the other without scratching up the brand new wooden floor.

last year i hoisted an antique cast iron bathtub up on my shoulders and hauled it up 3 flights of stairs.

i doubt i'm in shape to most peoples standards, but i am strong when i need to be which is good enough for me.
Old 02-21-2013, 20:17   #54
NEW2GLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
yesterday i lifted a chevy big block complete with heads and carb out of the bed of the truck, carried it 15 feet, and then lifted it up and set it on a 32 inch tall bench while smoking a cigarette.

2 weeks ago i bear hugged an empty ge side x side fridge/freezer and carried it from one side of the room to the other without scratching up the brand new wooden floor.

last year i hoisted an antique cast iron bathtub up on my shoulders and hauled it up 3 flights of stairs.

i doubt i'm in shape to most peoples standards, but i am strong when i need to be which is good enough for me.
You my friend should be entering STRONG MAN COMPS!!
NEW2GLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:19   #55
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW2GLO View Post
Keep FIGHTING ASH----NEVER NERVER GIVE UP!!
always my friend , always .
Old 02-21-2013, 20:22   #56
BEER
bad example

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW2GLO View Post
You my friend should be entering STRONG MAN COMPS!!
no they want you to do that sort of thing back to back, i'm only good for 1-2 superhuman feats of strength maybe 3 times a weeks with sandwhich and beer breaks in between. lol
Old 02-21-2013, 20:31   #57
Kevinr20

I'm only 27 and i work out 5 days a week. (heavy bag/mma 2 days, weights 3 days) and hope to stay in shape until i physically can't do it anymore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:32   #58
sierrafast
Coleccionista

I consider myself very fit for 37. 6' @ 175 and 6pack is beginning to show.
sierrafast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:46   #59
Ferdinandd

I was in great shape before a serious health issue sidelined me 10 months ago. I'm coming back though - working out 5-7x per week, and I completed a 5 mile run last Sunday. I'm no prepper, but I do think that being in good condition would improve one's odds of prevailing in any confrontation or surviving SHTF. Running away can at times be the best option...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Ferdinandd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:48   #60
Happypuppy

Quote:
44 , take 10 meds daily , fighting cancer off and on for 3 years , i feel 80 sometimes but i keep fighting . i know i will be dead before 50

we joined a gym /nautilus few months ago , so we do cardio , some weights , play raquetball and swim .

i want to give up so bad , but i cant i got family to look after. plus i farm self employed . im gonna go half and half with my nephew next year , i cant do it alone anymore .

thankfully i inherited good size chunk of change and have 3 rental properties. and i rent out our beach house . so money is not a problem but i always worry
+1. Sounds like you are one thought dude! Well done
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:51   #61
Grabbrass

Quote:
Are you physically fit?
Nope. 45 yrs old, married w/ kids, sedentary job, bursitis in rt. knee. Nope.
Old 02-21-2013, 20:59   #62
Grabbrass

Quote:

so ... what? we have to be nice to you now???

The Okie Corral

j/k man, keep bustin' ass. And don't worry so much. People with attitudes like yours are never allowed to check out before 50. Thought everyone knew that.

Old 02-21-2013, 21:00   #63
sappy13

Number 1 Rule for survival in Zombieland: Cardio.

Id say im ready fitness wise (cardio and muscular) for anything I need to do. I dont run as much as I used to, but I could still go out and bust out just about any run or hike needed at a fast pace. Not as fast as i used to, but its hard to retain a sustained 6 min mile without running often.

I think all those 300lb preppers you see on tv and stuff are a joke. They would either die from heart attack the first time they have to run or eat all their food in the first week, assuming they survive the stairs to their hideout cellars.
sappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:01   #64
crni4

I lost 30 lbs and 6% body fat last year doing girly exercises cardio kickboxing. At 195 lbs, 6'1 i am in the strongest shape ever. Its nice ti feel this way at 32.
crni4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:01   #65
Grabbrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sappy13 View Post
I think all those 300lb preppers you see on tv and stuff are a joke. They would either die from heart attack the first time they have to run or eat all their food in the first week, assuming they survive the stairs to their hideout cellars.
They're gonna shoot and eat skinny people.
Old 02-21-2013, 21:33   #66
Halojumper

Send a message via AIM to Halojumper Send a message via Yahoo to Halojumper
I work at being fit, but I don't feel I really am. Most people around me think I am though. I used to run a lot until I got peanut foot (Planters fasciatis). Now I do kettlebells, sledgehammer and tires, sandbags and martial arts.
Halojumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:35   #67
Halojumper

Send a message via AIM to Halojumper Send a message via Yahoo to Halojumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbrass View Post
They're gonna shoot and eat skinny people.
Not if they run away? I know some will say you can't outrun a bullet, but hitting a moving target in an urban environment may not be all that easy.
Halojumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:43   #68
rick458
USS Texas BB-35

I have lost 40 lbs since November, and am keeping below 1700 cals a day to keep losing.
Still need to get serious with cardio and strength training.
Old 02-21-2013, 21:58   #69
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Taking a break between reps now. Might as well get a head start on spring.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:58   #70
NMGlocker
BOOM headshot

Im 43 and doing my first BJJ grappling tournament in May and my first MMA cage fight later this year.
My strength and cardio are great, im in the best overall shape of my life.
I may take longer to recover and old injuries stay sore longer, but thats just part of getting old.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-21-2013, 22:14   #71
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Yep, not too bad. Was running about 30 miles a week (12 miles long run), but recently cut back to start to incorporate weight lifting again. I eat pretty well although that can be a challenge at times with being on the road 4 days a week.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:28   #72
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
Running is not necessarily a good metric by which to judge fitness. I am overweight and I have had moderate arthritis for over 20 years but I am quite strong with great endurance. I consider myself fit. I've never been too weak or too tired to keep going, albeit sometimes at a reduced pace, and most of my work and play is outside.

It isn't? If you don't have legs, I would have to agree, but if you have legs, and can walk, one of the metrics for fitness is your resting heart rate, and your ability to get to 85% over that rate, and your O2 perfusion.

What you got that is going to do that apart from moving your limbs faster than you normally do to increase your respiratory rate, stroke volume and heart rate (and no, sex aint it.... )
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:46   #73
skeeter7
Brass Vulture

I could stand to lose a few pounds. Drinking beer does that to ya.
NECC #401
skeeter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:53   #74
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

I'm physically strong with very little body fat but cigarettes have me by the balls and if I had to move fast for very long I'd be screwed. Currently trying to convince myself that E-cigs are all I need and not just backup for when I can't smoke.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:56   #75
Berto
woo woo

I'm in pretty good shape. I've lost some strength and weight since switching jobs, so I'm not hitting the gym consistently, but I still can put up over a 1000lb total in SQ,DL and BP so I have most of my strength still. A cold has kept me out the last few weeks with weights and bicycling, but I'll be back at it as soon as this passes.

Last edited by Berto; 02-22-2013 at 03:56..
Berto is online now   Reply With Quote