GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 16:18   #176
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I just got confirmation from 2 women that you have no idea what you're talking about. That blows your "ALL women" theory apart. What are the odds that I found the only 2?
Huh. I guess you believed when Obama said that he won by an 'overwhelming majority' too.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:18   #177
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,070


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
As some of you know, I went through a brief marriage
It's becoming clearer by the post why. HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:18   #178
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,846


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
Black and white thinking bub. Someone made the statement that women don't want to be raped (which I never said they did). I DID say that women want to be 'taken' and have rape fantasies but that's under the precursor that the man they're surrendering to is someone they trust.

We were talking about fantasies and that rape is one that many women have. But only in the context of a relationship in which they trust the person they're with.

Is this REALLY that difficult to understand? I guess for some betas, it is.
We all get it, you think you are papa bear.

Your point was still flat out stupid.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:22   #179
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
About 8.6 x 10^-20, assuming a global population of 7 billion. You're about a trillion times more likely to be hit by lightning.
He probably believes that the plural of anecdote is data.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:24   #180
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
We all get it, you think you are papa bear.

Your point was still flat out stupid.
And you are most likely a beta without a clue.

But here, let me google that for you because you're too lazy:

Click to View Search Results for http://www.google.com/search?q=women+rape+fantasies&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS465US465&oq=women+rape+fantasies&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 http://www.google.com/search?q=women+rape+fantasies&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS465US465&oq=women+rape+fantasies&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

P.S. And I bet you didn't read or watch ONE article or video, presented by women, that support my original post....

Last edited by Kurly; 02-21-2013 at 16:30..
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:25   #181
Mr. Niceguy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
And you are most likely a beta without a clue.
Dude...
The Okie Corral

Last edited by Mr. Niceguy; 02-21-2013 at 16:27..
Mr. Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:26   #182
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,846


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
And you are most likely a beta without a clue.

But here, let me google that for you because you're too lazy:
I could be the Queen of Sheba. Your point was still flat out stupid.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:32   #183
devildog2067
Senior Member
 
devildog2067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Near Chicago, IL
Posts: 15,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
Oh come on...you really aren't that p**sywhipped, are you?
I'm a scientist.

When someone makes a statement like

Quote:
ALL (indeed I would say ALL) women want to be taken against their will with a trusting partner
the demand for evidence is what naturally comes next.
devildog2067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:35   #184
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I could be the Queen of Sheba. Your point was still flat out stupid.
And sir, your point is ignorant. But you'll continue to remain that way unless you try and do a little research first before responding with what YOU believe.

I just posted a google search that shows many articles with RESEARCH that agree with what I said. One even stated that rape fantasies are the third most common fantasy that women have.

No where did I imply or say that these rape fantasies are not consensual ones with a trusting partner. In fact, I went out of my way to distinguish it as such. But for someone who clearly believes his opinion is fact, doesn't want to read anything and thinks anyone else who disagrees is "stupid", why should one be surprised.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:37   #185
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
I'm a scientist.

When someone makes a statement like



the demand for evidence is what naturally comes next.
Click to View Search Results for http://www.google.com/search?q=women+rape+fantasies&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS465US465&oq=women+rape+fantasies&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 http://www.google.com/search?q=women+rape+fantasies&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS465US465&oq=women+rape+fantasies&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Nowhere did I say ALL women have rape fantasies...I said many women. And these multitude of articles references support my premise.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:38   #186
devildog2067
Senior Member
 
devildog2067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Near Chicago, IL
Posts: 15,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
He probably believes that the plural of anecdote is data.
You clearly do.
devildog2067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:40   #187
devildog2067
Senior Member
 
devildog2067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Near Chicago, IL
Posts: 15,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
Nowhere did I say ALL women have rape fantasies...
Yeah, you kinda did
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
(indeed I would say ALL) women want to be taken against their will with a trusting partner
devildog2067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:40   #188
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,846


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
And sir, your point is ignorant. But you'll continue to remain that way unless you try and do a little research first before responding with what YOU believe.

I just posted a google search that shows many articles with RESEARCH that agree with what I said. One even stated that rape fantasies are the third most common fantasy that women have.

No where did I imply or say that these rape fantasies are not consensual ones with a trusting partner. In fact, I went out of my way to distinguish it as such. But for someone who clearly believes his opinion is fact, doesn't want to read anything and thinks anyone else who disagrees is "stupid", why should one be surprised.
No matter where you go with it, the point you have tried to make here, in this thread, that you are dancing with and doubling down on....is still stupid.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:45   #189
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
It's becoming clearer by the post why. HH
Oh....what a retort! LOL.

Yeah, I own the mistake I made. I married a woman who I *thought* I knew, but didn't. I got out before it got even uglier. She wanted someone with means and who would cater to her wishes and her wishes only. It was an expensive lesson. But after doing a lot more research into the subject, I've discovered that I am by no means alone in the hypocrisy of feminism, marriage and the unhappiness that women have brought upon themselves due to the destruction of marriage.

Would you say that the over 70% of women who initiate divorce proceedings are 'victims'? When men and women cheat at almost the same rate? Where DV is predominantly initiated by the woman? Where a simple allegation is enough to destroy the husband? Where 90% of the time, the woman gains custody of the children? All because she was "unhappy" or "unfulfilled" in the marriage?

Listen to the Youtube video by the woman that I posted or any of her other postings. She references numerous studies that support her premise. Oh, and by the way, she's happily married and has a child too. She's just seen the ramifications of feminism and how it's destroyed marriage and why many men are opting out of the game.

You just might learn something instead of perpetuating your own beliefs.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:48   #190
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
No matter where you go with it, the point you have tried to make here, in this thread, that you are dancing with and doubling down on....is still stupid.
No dancing, but whatever. I take it you didn't even bother to click the link that I so easily provided you or listened or read any of the other links I've provided in my first post.

Stay ignorant my friend...
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:49   #191
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
You clearly do.
Did you bother to read through the articles I google searched?
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:54   #192
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
Yeah, you kinda did
Um, that was talking about being taken in the bedroom. Are you saying your wife doesn't like for you to be the dominant one in the bedroom?

You're taking two things that were stated in two premises. One was a women desiring to be "taken" and the other women having rape fantasies.

The first link that comes up says that rape fantasies are not uncommon and or unsuual. The third link down when I google searched, showed that rape fantasies were the third most common fantasy women have.

But then you'd have to actually look at what I posted, wouldn't ya.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:55   #193
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,846


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
No dancing, but whatever. I take it you didn't even bother to click the link that I so easily provided you or listened or read any of the other links I've provided in my first post.

Stay ignorant my friend...
Lets try this one more time.

Do you think that, in general, women want to be raped? No matter how that happens, to actually be raped?

It is a yes or no answer. I am pretty sure you will say no.

Real rape, be it in the form of hyperbole, was put on the table in this thread. You, trying to prove whatever point you are trying to make about womens fantasies....is stupid, even if your information is reasonably true.

You seem to have a disconect between the core issues of what is going on here.

Had you started a thread about "Women who fantasies about it rought..." or whatever, (of allowed, and it wouldnt be here), given your information so far probably would have been somewhat able to garner a consenus. Plowing that point into this thread, after Devildogs statement, is random, non sequitur and flat out stupid.

You can keep on doubling down or you can realize just what the hell you did.

Good luck.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon

Last edited by Rabbi; 02-21-2013 at 16:56..
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:57   #194
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
I'm a scientist.

When someone makes a statement like



the demand for evidence is what naturally comes next.
Riddle me this Joker -- why is it that "50 Shades of Grey" is not only one of the most popular books for women nowadays, but the most successful current soft-porn book for women if there's no context to what I said?
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 17:03   #195
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Lets try this one more time.

Do you think that, in general, women want to be raped? No matter how that happens, to actually be raped?

It is a yes or no answer. I am pretty sure you will say no.

Real rape, be it in the form of hyperbole, was put on the table in this thread. You, trying to prove whatever point you are trying to make about womens fantasies....is stupid, even if your information is reasonably true.

You seem to have a disconect between the core issues of what is going on here.

Had you started a thread about "Women who fantasies about it rought..." or whatever, (of allowed, and it wouldnt be here), given your information so far probably would have been somewhat able to garner a consenus. Plowing that point into this thread, after Devildogs statement, is random, non sequitur and flat out stupid.

You can keep on doubling down or you can realize just what the hell you did.

Good luck.
OMG, I never said they wanted to be raped you dolt! Look, if you can't even bother to read something and analyze it before responding with what you THINK someone said, then there's no point in continuing discussing this with you.

You're so far off from what I SAID, versus what you THINK I said, that it's pathetic. Someone else made the comment about rape. I said all women like to be taken in the bedroom (the links I provided show that women prefer a man to be dominant in the bedroom) and that many have rape fantasies with a partner they trust.

Is that clear enough? If not, go back and read through these posts instead of continuing a failed position that your original premise of what you THINK I said is correct. Because clearly, you're wrong. And the facts (the previous posts) outline that clearly.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 17:05   #196
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,846


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
OMG, I never said they wanted to be raped you dolt! Look, if you can't even bother to read something and analyze it before responding with what you THINK someone said, then there's no point in continuing discussing this with you.

You're so far off from what I SAID, versus what you THINK I said, that it's pathetic. Someone else made the comment about rape. I said all women like to be taken in the bedroom (the links I provided show that women prefer a man to be dominant in the bedroom) and that many have rape fantasies with a partner they trust.

Is that clear enough? If not, go back and read through these posts instead of continuing a failed position that your original premise of what you THINK I said is correct. Because clearly, you're wrong. And the facts (the previous posts) outline that clearly.
Are you serious? Is it that hard for you?

Let me try this one more time.

Real rape was put on the table (by Devildog, in response to slavery)

You used that to prove some point about womens fantisies.

Your point is stupid here, even if your information rings true.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 17:10   #197
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: N.W. Lower Michigan
Posts: 3,265
Kurly boy, you're arguing with the sharpest knives in the drawer and getting cut up badly.
__________________
Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
oldgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 17:11   #198
Kurly
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Are you serious? Is it that hard for you?

Let me try this one more time.

Real rape was put on the table (by Devildog, in response to slavery)

You used that to prove some point about womens fantisies.

Your point is stupid here, even if your information rings true.
Devildog reponded to my post that rape is wrong, regardless.
As if somehow implying that what I posted constituted an agreement that women want to be raped.

*I* responded stating the difference between what I wrote and what he interpreted (gee, are you and him the same person?). I did not say ANYTHING about rape, but did comment that women have rape fantasies and they prefer to have a dominant man in the bedroom (i.e. rape fantasies).

Your bridge between the two is something that you made, not me. You own that bridge buddy but are now trying to sell it off on someone else.

Nice try at backtracking.
Kurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 17:20   #199
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,846


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
Devildog reponded to my post that rape is wrong, regardless.
As if somehow implying that what I posted constituted an agreement that women want to be raped.

*I* responded stating the difference between what I wrote and what he interpreted (gee, are you and him the same person?). I did not say ANYTHING about rape, but did comment that women have rape fantasies and they prefer to have a dominant man in the bedroom (i.e. rape fantasies).

Your bridge between the two is something that you made, not me. You own that bridge buddy but are now trying to sell it off on someone else.

Nice try at backtracking.
Here we see Devildog talking about actual, real rape.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog
That's like saying you're a very gentle rapist. It doesn't matter--you're still a rapist.
Here is your response. It is a stupid response, even if true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurly
Please understand my next question from this perspective -- I in no way condone forcing an unwilling adult to do anything. Consensual agreement is paramount in any type of transaction.

But that said, how do you explain that women like to be "taken" in the bedroom....that many have rape "fantasies" and role play with their boyfriends/husbands in that manner as well?

P.S. Take a look at this video from a woman who discounts the double-standard of rape as claimed by women. Using empirical research and cites several studies. It takes a little while for her to get to this point but it's an interesting listen

You are simply disconected.

You cant follow along.

You keep asserting we dont know what we are talking about because we refuse to believe your points. (nope, what you say rings true in some ways)

To be blunt, we were all talking about shoes and you barge in with points about pants. We can talk about pants, but your point here, is stupid.

Real Rape....and you used it to go on a crusade=stupid.


I am just pointing out the context issues. I have not even begun to point out the content issues (see what I bolded in your post, there is no "but...." when it comes to real rape)


I have posted my words, I will stand on them. If you need the last word, go for it. They tend to indict you more than I can.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon

Last edited by Rabbi; 02-21-2013 at 17:22..
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 17:30   #200
mad220860
Senior Member
 
mad220860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny99 View Post
Never been married,not getting married. Period. No I am not bitter and have never been screwed over by a woman. I just don't see the sense.

I have a woman I live with. By all rights she is my wife. We have no legal paperwork but do have an agreement and a promise. We live by two rules. We stay together because we want to and we don't cheat on each other. If either one of us wants to leave the relationship we will make arrangements to separate. If one of cheats the same thing happens. We have a child together that I will support and love til the day I die. However if being with her mother is painful every day,I will move on. Life is too short to live unhappily.

We split the bills and keep all other bills separate. She takes care of the mortgage and I take care of all the other household bills. Most months it comes out close to even but like now in the winter I come out ahead (lower power bill). She owns her car and will always be responsible for her transportation. I do the same. We each have our own saving accounts and retirement plans. Really the only financial disadvantage for me is that although I pay for part of a house I will never be entitled to any equity. Unfortunately she never has had a equity and is lucky not to be severely upside down her house. So I am literally a decade away from equity.
And if I live her forever, equity will not be a concern.

Someday she will wear a diamond ring on her left hand that I give her. I offered to buy her one multiple times but instead she chose to buy a boat and go on vacation multiple times.

These decisions lead me to believe that she is a keeper. Only time will tell. I will never cheat and I don't believe she will. Things aren't perfect but I am happy to see after work each day and still wanna wake up laying beside her in the morning. She appears to feel the same way. If these things change i will move on. Period.
Still screwed on the child support if it ever comes to that!
mad220860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:30.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,326
461 Members
865 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42