Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2013, 22:38   #1
bug

New company making BCG

Has any one used these guys yet?

http://www.rubbercityarmory.com/index.php

Talked to the guy that runs it today, super cool guy.

Says he will have more early march..

Made in my home town so I have to buy one....
Old 02-20-2013, 22:44   #2
Schrag4

Seems like there's definitely a huge demand that the market is having trouble meeting. I bet I'm not the only one that would by ANY BCG if I could just find one. (trying to finish my first AR and all that's left is the BCG)
Schrag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 22:48   #3
WoodenPlank
Who?

I'm automatically skeptical of anyone new to the AR market, especially someone claiming to be doing something new and awesome that nobody else does.

The entire front page of their website is setting off alarm bells for me. Sounds like they're using the same crap as on non-stick cookware on their bolts, but dressing it up and tossing around technical terms to make it sound like it's some massive tech breakthrough.
Old 02-20-2013, 22:49   #4
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrag4 View Post
Seems like there's definitely a huge demand that the market is having trouble meeting. I bet I'm not the only one that would by ANY BCG if I could just find one. (trying to finish my first AR and all that's left is the BCG)
Well if nothing else I hope you get parts you need it sucks to have a paper weight.

Old 02-20-2013, 22:50   #5
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
Has any one used these guys yet?

http://www.rubbercityarmory.com/index.php

Talked to the guy that runs it today, super cool guy.

Says he will have more early march..

Made in my home town so I have to buy one....

Decent price for a nitride coated BCG. They look like they have their stuff straight, but only time will tell. I'm not a fan of those "less lubricant" type coatings. This weapon system has been running strong for 50 years, no need to dick it up now by changing the heart of the firearm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 22:51   #6
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
I'm automatically skeptical of anyone new to the AR market, especially someone claiming to be doing something new and awesome that nobody else does.

The entire front page of their website is setting off alarm bells for me. Sounds like they're using the same crap as on non-stick cookware on their bolts, but dressing it up and tossing around technical terms to make it sound like it's some massive tech breakthrough.
Fair enough I will try one and report back
Old 02-20-2013, 22:52   #7
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrag4 View Post
Bravo has been getting batches of BCGs in every week or two, but they sell out fast. Email notifications have also been unreliable lately. Keep an eye out here, and on their Facebook page. If you're diligent, you'll score one pretty soon.
Old 02-20-2013, 22:52   #8
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
Decent price for a nitride coated BCG. They look like they have their stuff straight, but only time will tell. I'm not a fan of those "less lubricant" type coatings. This weapon system has been running strong for 50 years, no need to dick it up now by changing the heart of the firearm.
I like the fail zero I have but I still use slip 2000 on it.
Old 02-20-2013, 22:54   #9
bigmoney890

Quote:
I like the fail zero I have but I still use slip 2000 on it.
Well if you still have to use lubricant, there's no point in spending $100 extra on something

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-20-2013, 22:56   #10
bug

Quote:
Well if you still have to use lubricant, there's no point in spending $100 extra on something
I get little to no carbon build up its very easy to clean and it looks pretty...

Old 02-20-2013, 22:59   #11
bigmoney890

Quote:
I get little to no carbon build up its very easy to clean and it looks pretty...

Fair enough

But in all seriousness, I hope this company proves to be legit. We need as many companies cranking out great products as possible, and in turn, driving prices back down. I'm tired of getting alerts and them being sold out in ten minutes.

Old 02-20-2013, 23:02   #12
bug

Quote:
Fair enough

But in all seriousness, I hope this company proves to be legit. We need as many companies cranking out great products as possible, and in turn, driving prices back down. I'm tired of getting alerts and them being sold out in ten minutes.
I talked to the guy he seems very legit he did not try to blow smoke up my ass...

Besides his place is only a 10 min drive from my house.
Old 02-21-2013, 21:40   #13
Schrag4

Quote:
Bravo has been getting batches of BCGs in every week or two, but they sell out fast. Email notifications have also been unreliable lately. Keep an eye out here, and on their Facebook page. If you're diligent, you'll score one pretty soon.
Yeah, I've been checking the website several times each day for a few weeks now :-( I've almost broken down and gotten a 22LR conversion just so I can shoot the thing, but even those are drying up.
Schrag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 15:41   #14
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Let's see. Daniel Defense used to be a new company. So was PSA and Spike's. Come to think of it, BCM used to be a new company, also.

I'm glad there are folks willing to give new companies at least a chance, before summarily condemning them.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 18:20   #15
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
Let's see. Daniel Defense used to be a new company. So was PSA and Spike's. Come to think of it, BCM used to be a new company, also.

I'm glad there are folks willing to give new companies at least a chance, before summarily condemning them.
Condemning and suggesting a wait and see approach aren't the same.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.
Old 02-22-2013, 18:59   #16
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Quote:
Condemning and suggesting a wait and see approach aren't the same.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.
Umm, ok. Everyone knows what you wrote. But, it's not a surprise. Carry on.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 19:28   #17
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
Umm, ok. Everyone knows what you wrote. But, it's not a surprise. Carry on.
So, I voice a little skepticism over their claims (seriously, look up some of the terms they use - their amazing coating process is the same **** used on non-stick cook wear), and I'm a horrible person condemning the company?

If someone wants to make claims of their product being so awesome, excuse me for being a little skeptical until their claims are substantiated.
Old 02-22-2013, 21:16   #18
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
So, I voice a little skepticism over their claims (seriously, look up some of the terms they use - their amazing coating process is the same **** used on non-stick cook wear), and I'm a horrible person condemning the company?
Well, in all fairness Tfal is pretty awesome cookware!!!!

DaleGribble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 21:26   #19
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would suggest waiting on/paying more for a 'known quantity', especially for a part as important as a BCG.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 22:27   #20
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
I would suggest waiting on/paying more for a 'known quantity', especially for a part as important as a BCG.
Exactly. The BCG is the heart. One piece you definitely don't want to skimp on.

A little skepticism of a new company is a good thing. It takes time for a company to prove itself.

Let us know how it holds up, cleans up, etc. you may have made a great find. Only one way to find out.

For me, I'd stick with someone like BCM until they get a track record.

I'm skeptical of any part like a BCG that claims it doesn't need lubricant. Thermal process? Sounds like cryo freezing- that'll align the molecules - I looked into it for my firearms.

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto

Last edited by michael_b; 02-22-2013 at 22:39..
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote