SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2013, 17:57   #1
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

March 2nd day to honor Chris Kyle

Since our Commander in Chief has callously overlooked the untimely passing of CPO Chris Kyle, we the people can take this opportunity to honor a great hero. Please SHARE and be sure to lower your flag to half mast on March 2nd.

God Bless the Kyle and Littlefield families.

The Okie Corral
Old 02-16-2013, 18:03   #2
droidfire

Who was he, what did he do?
droidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 18:06   #3
USMCsilver
I Like Monkeys

Send a message via AIM to USMCsilver Send a message via Yahoo to USMCsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidfire View Post
Who was he, what did he do?
Do you live under a rock?

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat! I'm goin' out to sea..." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)
USMCsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 18:09   #4
droidfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
Do you live under a rock?
Thanks, but not very helpful. Been working multiple jobs lately, so missed a lot. Had some time the last few days to post here, but not much.

So I guess so.
droidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 18:15   #5
KA5IVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidfire View Post
Thanks, but not very helpful. Been working multiple jobs lately, so missed a lot. Had some time the last few days to post here, but not much.

So I guess so.
google "American Sniper"
KA5IVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 19:55   #6
nursetim

He is the model of honor and bravery that all men should strive to achieve. He was a Navy SEAL sniper that was murdered trying to help a Marine suffering from PTSD.

I'd like to wear something to honor this man. I do not have a flag to lower to half mast, I live in a hotel.
Old 02-16-2013, 20:18   #7
pipedreams

What else can be done that day to honor him?

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 20:25   #8
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipedreams View Post
What else can be done that day to honor him?
I am going to wear my American flag pin at work and ask my director if he could fly flag outside of building at half mass for Chris Kyle.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:21   #9
Walter Bishop

Since the OP brings politics into this in his post, I think he should consider the fact that Chris Kyle's death only furthers the cause of the anti-gun people. I mean if a decorated war hero isn't even safe from being killed by another military veteran how can we trust inexperienced civilians with guns. Also, why give an obviously mentally troubled person access to a gun. This is a personal tragedy for his family but the conclusion most people will draw from this incident is not what we want.

Last edited by Walter Bishop; 02-17-2013 at 11:26..
Walter Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:01   #10
Paul_J

Several years back a pilot friend of my nephew died in an F-16. My nephew told me that "Trojan" would use a post-it note on the canopy of his fighter to block to sun. I drove around with a Post-it on my windshield and got a few other hot rodders to do the same. It never got big but it was something I could do visibly.

I'll drop my flag to half staff that day but would like to do something more. Is there something that a SEAL or SEAL Sniper does that folks could emulate like the "Post-it" Note? People used to drive with their lights on but that is hard to do with all these daytime driving lights on vehicles these days. I'll wear my hat backwards all day if that means something!
Paul_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 17:30   #11
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Bishop View Post
Since the OP brings politics into this in his post, I think he should consider the fact that Chris Kyle's death only furthers the cause of the anti-gun people. I mean if a decorated war hero isn't even safe from being killed by another military veteran how can we trust inexperienced civilians with guns. Also, why give an obviously mentally troubled person access to a gun. This is a personal tragedy for his family but the conclusion most people will draw from this incident is not what we want.
Flip that script. A genuine died in the wool hardman pipe hitter got caught flat footed, so can you. with what little training we have on average, we need all the advantage we can get.

When it comes to an ambush, distance is your only hope of coming out the other side in one piece. I know nothing about the ambush itself but I feel safe in making these assumptions:

1) CPO Kyle was ambushed at close range with his friend.
2) the shooter knew he was going to kill CPO Kyle.
3) I would venture to say the worlds best competitive shooter could not overcome the first 2 statements.
4) At least with a weapon, you have a slim chance. Without one, you have no chance.