GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 15:13   #1
FiremanMike
Way too busy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 2,999
So firearms companies are screwing cops..

I read a headline that several firearm/accessory manufacturers (Olympic arms and larue included) were supposedly refusing to sell to cops in states where politicians are passing stricter gun laws.

Is this true?

Why the hell are they punishing the cops who have nothing to do with these political games?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamer
They made bad choices and expect us to pay the price? I don't think so, Tim.
FiremanMike is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:17   #2
SPIN2010
Searching ...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: On the move ... again!
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
I read a headline that several firearm/accessory manufacturers (Olympic arms and larue included) were supposedly refusing to sell to cops in states where politicians are passing stricter gun laws.

Is this true?

Why the hell are they punishing the cops who have nothing to do with these political games?
Because, it is every COTUS believing/supporting American's job/duty to stand up to the illegal tyranny that is leaking out of the so called leaders in the Wash D.C. sewer.
SPIN2010 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:23   #3
jay1975
Ultra Master
 
jay1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 393
The police should not have access to weapons that are forbidden from the citizens. The police are civilians too and as such, any restriction for nonuniformed civilians should apply across the board. The politicians see the police as their personal army and often outfit them as such. The only reason I can think of why, is that they want the police to serve as a deterent against the citizens should the people finally decide that enough is enough.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Fear the man who has one gun, for he knows how to use it.
jay1975 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:23   #4
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member
 
seanmac45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 5,796


Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
Because, it is every COTUS believing/supporting American's job/duty to stand up to the illegal tyranny that is leaking out of the so called leaders in the Wash D.C. sewer.
Aside from being grammatically a mess, your diatribe does not answer the question.

Why punish the cops who do not make the idiotic laws?
__________________
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway
seanmac45 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:31   #5
jay1975
Ultra Master
 
jay1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 393
Another way to look at it this; the politicians are screwing the cops. The anti 2nd Amendment crowd have been trying to divide gun owners between "sensible" hunters and the "extreme" gun owners. Your placing blame on those standing up to these elected bullies show that it's working.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Fear the man who has one gun, for he knows how to use it.
jay1975 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:40   #6
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Aside from being grammatically a mess, your diatribe does not answer the question.

Why punish the cops who do not make the idiotic laws?
Its not about punishment.

Lets say ALL gun manufactures refuse to sell to LEOs in the state of NY. No government buys, and no private purchaces.

Now, the state governments have a real issue on their hands, their LEOs will no longer have firearms to perform their duties. The state governments will have incredible pressure to amend the law or repeal it.

That's the motivation behind this.
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is online now  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:40   #7
kurt1305
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Aside from being grammatically a mess, your diatribe does not answer the question.

Why punish the cops who do not make the idiotic laws?
It is my understanding many cops in NY support the weapons bans. Larue and Olympia are making political statements.
kurt1305 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:42   #8
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,162
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
I read a headline that several firearm/accessory manufacturers (Olympic arms and larue included) were supposedly refusing to sell to cops in states where politicians are passing stricter gun laws.

Is this true?

Why the hell are they punishing the cops who have nothing to do with these political games?
How would they know they were cops, the whole premis of this is stupid.

If they are not selling to the agencies who cares.
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:43   #9
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,162
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1305 View Post
It is my understanding many cops in NY support the weapons bans. Larue and Olympia are making political statements.
Care to enlighten us on this baseless third hand info?
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:46   #10
RJ 71
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 38
I guess it just matters which side of the badge your on. Being a resident of NY and not a LEO I have an issue with LE getting special dispensation in regards to which laws apply to them. Previously Leo's were exempt from the 10rd mag ban and could have standard cap mags even off duty. Please don't think I'm trying to bash the Cops one of my best friends is a city cop. However if I get caught with more than seven rounds in a magazine who's going to be the person enforcing the laws passed by those playing political games with our freedom? I applaud the manufacturers that are standing up to Coumo and his commie thugs in Albany.
RJ 71 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:47   #11
Kelo6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
I read a headline that several firearm/accessory manufacturers (Olympic arms and larue included) were supposedly refusing to sell to cops in states where politicians are passing stricter gun laws.

Is this true?

Why the hell are they punishing the cops who have nothing to do with these political games?

The way I have read it, the manufacturers are refusing to sell to AGENCIES. I have not seen anything saying they will not sell their product to individuals LEOs.
Kelo6 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:47   #12
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
How would they know they were cops, the whole premis of this is stupid.

If they are not selling to the agencies who cares.
+1 Its just a political statement. The only thing this will effect is agency orders.
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is online now  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:49   #13
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,162
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ 71 View Post
I guess it just matters which side of the badge your on. Being a resident of NY and not a LEO I have an issue with LE getting special dispensation in regards to which laws apply to them. Previously Leo's were exempt from the 10rd mag ban and could have standard cap mags even off duty. Please don't think I'm trying to bash the Cops one of my best friends is a city cop. However if I get caught with more than seven rounds in a magazine who's going to be the person enforcing the laws passed by those playing political games with our freedom? I applaud the manufacturers that are standing up to Coumo and his commie thugs in Albany.
You realize they are allowed to disregard traffic laws also while they are working and activate emergency lights, should car manufacturers boycott as well since you can't drive like that when you want to.
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:52   #14
jay1975
Ultra Master
 
jay1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 393
Mayhem, did NY write a law to ban certain types of cars or restrict the amount of gas each one can hold while exempting the police?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Fear the man who has one gun, for he knows how to use it.
jay1975 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:53   #15
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
You realize they are allowed to disregard traffic laws also while they are working and activate emergency lights, should car manufacturers boycott as well since you can't drive like that when you want to.
And the vast majority people agrees thats reasonable, and necessary in the performance of their duties.

The gun issue is different then traffic law.
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is online now  
Old 02-18-2013, 15:54   #16
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
Much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.


Two or three small companies with hardly the stock in LE as they claim pulling a stunt like this is baseless.

Until glock, smith and Wesson, colt and others do it, it won't be worth much. These companies sell hundreds if not thousands of weapons to agencies and rely on the business. Because that is the very nature of business!

We get 3 or 4 letters a month from various firearms and ammunition manufacturers looking to sell to us. Because a couple of bush beaters feel they are "doing the right thing" doesn't make it so.
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 16:00   #17
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,162
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1975 View Post
Mayhem, did NY write a law to ban certain types of cars or restrict the amount of gas each one can hold while exempting the police?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Shall not be infringed........!


We're not talking about gas companies were talking about evil high horsepower sedans....
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 16:01   #18
RJ 71
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
You realize they are allowed to disregard traffic laws also while they are working and activate emergency lights, should car manufacturers boycott as well since you can't drive like that when you want to.
I guess you missed the part where they were exempt even while off duty. Cops have a crap job dealing with scumbags on a regular basis I get that. I also get its a really dangerous job. But that's what they signed up for. My cousin is a corrections officer. One of my best friends did undercover stuff. They should have the best equipment available. And then we have the local dept where the former chief just got paroled last December and his son an officer in another local dept is in jail for giving out info on a witness who then got his ass beat. Yeah I know there are good cops and bad cops good citizens and bad citizens but comments like you made make it real hard for us lowly ordinary folks to have much sympathy.
RJ 71 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 16:04   #19
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,469
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ 71 View Post
I guess you missed the part where they were exempt even while off duty. Cops have a crap job dealing with scumbags on a regular basis I get that. I also get its a really dangerous job. But that's what they signed up for. My cousin is a corrections officer. One of my best friends did undercover stuff. They should have the best equipment available. And then we have the local dept where the former chief just got paroled last December and his son an officer in another local dept is in jail for giving out info on a witness who then got his ass beat. Yeah I know there are good cops and bad cops good citizens and bad citizens but comments like you made make it real hard for us lowly ordinary folks to have much sympathy.
Do you not think that cops have to deal with the same idiots they arrest on duty while off duty? Do you not think they are at quite a bit more risk for retailiation from these guys? What about states/agencies that REQUIRE officers (by law or policy) to take action, even when "off duty", when certain actions occur in their presence?
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 16:07   #20
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,162
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
And the vast majority people agrees thats reasonable, and necessary in the performance of their duties.

The gun issue is different then traffic law.
Soo you are saying they do not need the same weapons as the criminal to preform their jobs...fascinating....
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 16:09   #21
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,162
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ 71 View Post
I guess you missed the part where they were exempt even while off duty. Cops have a crap job dealing with scumbags on a regular basis I get that. I also get its a really dangerous job. But that's what they signed up for. My cousin is a corrections officer. One of my best friends did undercover stuff. They should have the best equipment available. And then we have the local dept where the former chief just got paroled last December and his son an officer in another local dept is in jail for giving out info on a witness who then got his ass beat. Yeah I know there are good cops and bad cops good citizens and bad citizens but comments like you made make it real hard for us lowly ordinary folks to have much sympathy.
I don't Want or need your sympathy just and open mind.. But alas that is too much to ask.


Btw drama much Ii never refer to anyone as lowly do you have a poor self image, this is more about you than us, get some counseling.
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 02-18-2013 at 16:12..
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 16:09   #22
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Soo you are saying they do not need the same weapons as the criminal to preform their jobs...fascinating....
Where did I say that? The fiream issue goes deeper then what's in the patrol officers holster. I want LEOs to have the best equipment available to perform their duties. I want citizens to have the best equipment to protect themselves from criminals too.

Are you saying the citizens do not need to have the same weapons as criminals to protect themselves?

Its a circular arguement. Its unfortunate LEOs get caught in the middle.
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.

Last edited by JohnnyReb; 02-18-2013 at 16:12..
JohnnyReb is online now  
Old 02-18-2013, 16:15   #23
trdvet
Senior Member
 
trdvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Watching You.....
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.


Two or three small companies with hardly the stock in LE as they claim pulling a stunt like this is baseless.
Yep, Larue even said that they are going to exempt the .Feds, can't let all those contracts that he doesn't have go to waste
__________________
Disclaimer: The opinions given DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. By viewing this post you agree to indemnify myself and my employing agency and hold them harmless from all claims and damages.
trdvet is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 16:17   #24
cesaros
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: next to USMC03Grunt
Posts: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Why punish the cops who do not make the idiotic laws?
Why punish the citizens who are not breaking said laws?

The police aren't being "punished", they are being held to the same standard as everyone else.

Why are you attacking the MANUFACTURER, when your real enemies are the legislators.
__________________
The 1st and 2nd Amendments:

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.
cesaros is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 16:21   #25
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,162
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
Where did I say that? The fiream issue goes deeper then what's in the patrol officers holster. I want LEOs to have the best equipment available to perform their duties. I want citizens to have the best equipment to protect themselves from criminals too.

Are you saying the citizens do not need to have the same weapons as criminals to protect themselves?

Its a circular arguement. Its unfortunate LEOs get caught in the middle.
In my state all can have what they want, I would not live or work in a liberal state.

To punish law enforcement officers because of what elected Officials propose is hypocritical and counter productive..


The armed forces work directly for the US government will these companies stop selling to uncle sugar...shall not be infringed seems to be fuzzy when dollars signs are at stake....
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:32.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 802
236 Members
566 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42