Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2013, 16:45   #1
JBarbaresi

Early Production Gen3 G19

I picked this up on a trade for my Gen4 G19 today. Test fire date is 3/26/01, it is in immaculate condition and has maybe a couple hundred rounds through. I'm not sure how rare these 2 pin Gen3 models are but it's pretty cool nonetheless. I'm not sure if I want to keep it as a collection piece, put it to use, or resell to someone else who might appreciate it more. Any information is appreciated.

General Glocking

General Glocking

General Glocking
JBarbaresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 16:53   #2
Pepiot

Congrats and I would put that to use for sure.
Old 02-09-2013, 17:16   #3
Patchman
Florist

Your gun is clean. Congrats.

I have 2 Gen 3 2-pin G19s. They're only good for one thing, and that's being shot.

Can't tell clearly from the photo, but is that a 90-degree extractor?

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 17:22   #4
JBarbaresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Your gun is clean. Congrats.

I have 2 Gen 3 2-pin G19s. They're only good for one thing, and that's being shot.

Can't tell clearly from the photo, but is that a 90-degree extractor?
It's Non-LCI. How do I tell about 90 degree?

Edit: just looked at a diagram. I'll take it out and look at it after the kids get to bed.

Last edited by JBarbaresi; 02-09-2013 at 17:36..
Old 02-09-2013, 22:28   #5
freezetime

That is a sharp looking 19. Are those the factory sights?
freezetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 22:33   #6
bennie1986

All guns should be shot and carried, unless your in to high dollar paper weights.
bennie1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 23:00   #7
MSims

Looks like you have a E serial number... Werent they recalled by glock?
MSims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 00:45   #8
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSims View Post
Looks like you have a E serial number... Werent they recalled by glock?
Is this the recall you are thinkin' about?

Glock Six-Part "Upgrade" FAQ
Behind the April 1992 Technical Bulletin issued by Glock, Inc.

In the matter of Glock's infamous "Upgrade" of 1992, the following Glock pistols became eligible for replacement of six parts to provide increased safety and reliability.

Those six parts are:
Extractor
Spring-loaded bearing1
Firing pin safety and spring
Firing pin / striker
Trigger bar
The revised alpha designations, current through 2001, of models requiring Armorer attention:

Model Number / Chambering Serial Number Range
Model 17 (9 X 19mm) AA through XG, inclusive
Model 19 (9 X 19mm) …through XK, inclusive*
Model 20 (10mm) …through WX, inclusive
Model 21 (.45 ACP) …through XM, inclusive
Model 22 (.40 S&W) …through YB, inclusive
Model 23 (.40 S&W) …through SL, inclusive
* - Alpha-prefix EH require the "Plus" trigger bar.

Essentially, this covers all Glock pistols manufactured before mid-October 1991, estimated at various times by Glock officials at between 385,000 and 500,000 handguns.

If the Op's Glock was a recall pistol, it still qualifies for the upgrade, I'm sure.

Your 2-pin Glock is really good looking. I have one too, but mine wasn't included in the recall. I contacted Glock Customer Service, and they looked up my pistol during the phone call.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 02-10-2013 at 00:56..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44   #9
MSims

Quote:
Originally Posted by photofeller View Post
is this the recall you are thinkin' about?

Glock six-part "upgrade" faq
behind the april 1992 technical bulletin issued by glock, inc.

In the matter of glock's infamous "upgrade" of 1992, the following glock pistols became eligible for replacement of six parts to provide increased safety and reliability.

Those six parts are:
Extractor
spring-loaded bearing1
firing pin safety and spring
firing pin / striker
trigger bar
the revised alpha designations, current through 2001, of models requiring armorer attention:

Model number / chambering serial number range
model 17 (9 x 19mm) aa through xg, inclusive
model 19 (9 x 19mm) …through xk, inclusive*
model 20 (10mm) …through wx, inclusive
model 21 (.45 acp) …through xm, inclusive
model 22 (.40 s&w) …through yb, inclusive
model 23 (.40 s&w) …through sl, inclusive
* - alpha-prefix eh require the "plus" trigger bar.

Essentially, this covers all glock pistols manufactured before mid-october 1991, estimated at various times by glock officials at between 385,000 and 500,000 handguns.

If the op's glock was a recall pistol, it still qualifies for the upgrade, i'm sure.

Your 2-pin glock is really good looking. I have one too, but mine wasn't included in the recall. I contacted glock customer service, and they looked up my pistol during the phone call.

all glocks having the e-prefix are recalled due to the breakage of some of the rear slide rail tabs if you have one of these pistols please contact glock, inc remember all calibers are recalled as long as they have the e-prefix glock will replace the entire frame free of charge including shipping charges here is an example of the e-prefix (exx-999) as long as its 3 serial number prefix and not 2. the serial numbers on the new frames will be the same as your old ones except there will be a 1 in front of your orginal serial number.

So yours fall in the category of this recall...

Last edited by MSims; 02-10-2013 at 07:01..
MSims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:16   #10
JBarbaresi

Thanks for the heads up guys. Yes it's an ECG prefix. I'll give glock a call tomorrow and see what they say.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44   #11
JBarbaresi

I spoke to Glock this morning and they said this is not one of the guns affected by those recalls.

My question, it seems like a lot of people have or know someone who has a 2-pin Gen3 G19. How rare/not rare are these models? I'd assume there were at least a few thousand produced between 1998 and 2002, are many of them still out there in circulation?

Is it worth keeping as a collector's item or any added value?
Old 02-11-2013, 13:41   #12
joerenew

No collector value at all they are all over the pawn shops
joerenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 13:51   #13
SJ 40

I shoot my November 1999,two pin G 19,often and hard. It is one of the most accurate 9 mm's I have ever owned,more so than my C&S Hi Power.
Shoot it Often. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 20:27   #14
JBarbaresi

Well just a quick update on this gun. I decided to keep it just because I've never owned a 2 pin Glock before and this will add nicely to my G19 collection. It may just all be in my head but playing around with it I swear this gun has a slightly different feel than any of my other Glocks, very smooth action and it just seems a little better made. Anyways, stripped it down last night for a detailed cleaning (still had some of the factory copper lube in the trigger housing/connector), replaced the trigger spring and added a wolff reduced power striker safety spring. Also polished up the internals and added a smooth face SP00357 trigger bar and a spare set of Redback1 sights. I also opted to replace the non-LCI extractor with one of my non-dipped LCI extractors but left the original SLB in place just to test out function with it. The only thing missing now is a Vicker's mag release and this baby is set up proper. Might send the frame to Cold Bore Customs in the near future as well.

A couple more pics from today. Tomorrow she will get a few rounds down the pipe.

General Glocking

General Glocking

Last edited by JBarbaresi; 02-21-2013 at 19:32..
Old 02-15-2013, 20:32   #15
SJ 40

YuP they are nice,luv mine. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 19:22   #16
JimiWeaver

I have a two pin 19 prefix EMX, it falls under the recall. I called Glock and they said to ship it back on my dime and they would replace the frame. Im kind of hesitant because this 19 has the one of the best triggers I've had in a Glock. The gun has maybe a couple hundred rounds though it and was never holstered when I got it.

I was on a perfect G19 chase after getting burned by my 2011 model RMK prefix. The trigger was crisp but really heavy. A friend bought a new 19 the other day with a T prefix, it has a really nice trigger, the same as my 2001 EMX gun.
JimiWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 21:19   #17
JBarbaresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimiWeaver View Post
I have a two pin 19 prefix EMX, it falls under the recall. I called Glock and they said to ship it back on my dime and they would replace the frame. Im kind of hesitant because this 19 has the one of the best triggers I've had in a Glock. The gun has maybe a couple hundred rounds though it and was never holstered when I got it.

I was on a perfect G19 chase after getting burned by my 2011 model RMK prefix. The trigger was crisp but really heavy. A friend bought a new 19 the other day with a T prefix, it has a really nice trigger, the same as my 2001 EMX gun.
I hope you didn't get rid of the RMK gun just because of the trigger. Glocks are so easy to work on you can make the perfect trigger in about 10 minutes by polishing a few of the surfaces on the trigger components. If you really want a nice trigger get a reduced power striker safety spring and a 6lb trigger spring, based on personal preference you might also like a smooth faced G17 trigger/trigger bar (SP00357 part#). I could make you the best Glock trigger you've ever felt for under $30. Shoot me a PM if you need any help with it.
Old 02-16-2013, 21:21   #18
bac1023

Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:43   #19
JimiWeaver

It was also throwing brass at my face. I have a smooth face trigger in my parts bin, but have never used a 6 pound trigger spring.
JimiWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:38   #20
JBarbaresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimiWeaver View Post
It was also throwing brass at my face. I have a smooth face trigger in my parts bin, but have never used a 6 pound trigger spring.
I think the RP striker safety spring does more good than the trigger spring. At $3 each you might as well try both.