GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:31   #21
sappy13

Not sure about windows 8 directly, but my Server 2012 doesnt like flash very much, lol. Its not Microsofts issue, but Win8 also wont run one of my critical work apps, so I wont be migrating for a while.
sappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 14:39   #22
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLibertarian View Post
Short of building my own computer, can a new computer with Windows 8 be downgraded to Windows 7 since I have no desire to use the tiled format in 8? I ask because I need a new computer since mine is 7 yo and still running XP, but I don't know of any local, reputable builders nor do I know how to build my own computer. If any of the major manufacturers still allow custom builds with Windows 7 on a desktop, please let me know since I'd like to order one fairly soon?
I don't know what my wife did in terms of settings, but I tried out her machine this morning and it looked identical to the 7 that was on it before. There were no "tiles" and at this point I'm curious as to what they actually are. So, for a casual user, it can be set to look just like 7. If she hadn't told me of the upgrade, I wouldn't have noticed based on the internet surfing I do.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:46   #23
FLAGLOCK19
War Veteran

If you don't like the Metro screen and other things MS has done, you can always download Classic Shell Startup to heavily customize your windows 8 environment.
FLAGLOCK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 20:06   #24
cgwahl
Sheriffs a near

I stuck it on a 10 year old computer. Seems to run decently. Was surprised to see it boots up in about 20 seconds. Not wowed by it, but don't hate it either.

Will be sticking it on my laptop soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by cgwahl; 02-16-2013 at 21:07..
cgwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 19:12   #25
3putter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taphius View Post
Almost never use the tile screen on my desktop. So no real change from windows 7. On my laptop tiles get used some but that is mostly for the games.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Agreed! Tile screen is a nuisance. Just an unnecessary step after boot up to have to click on "desktop" to begin using it. Maybe for touchscreens it's fine but on my HP Envy m6 it is in the way!!
3putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:41   #26
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech7311 View Post
What kinds of usability and functionality issues has anybody been running into with Windows 8?
I don't like 8 as well as xp and from what I understand 7 us better. Mine acts strange and cuts off sometimes for no reason but I guess it is ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote