SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2013, 16:10   #21
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSlydr View Post
lol Nope, but the 29 I purchased was quite close to my birthday actually...

Besides, why not? 29SF for carry and a 20 for wheeeeee!
WHY NOT? I'LL TELL YOU WHY NOT! From the tone of your post, I can tell you are smitten with the G29 SF. The purchase, by you , of a G20, will tear your heart strings, of which, you actually prefer. Believe me, it is quite the dilemma. You'll be able to handle it, but, just barely, I'll admit. When heading out the house, and you have to decide, which gets the nod, and why, is problematic. Just get a G20, and you will see what I mean, then get back with me. I'ts a dilemma, I tell you.
Old 02-16-2013, 16:39   #22
CybrSlydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
WHY NOT? I'LL TELL YOU WHY NOT! From the tone of your post, I can tell you are smitten with the G29 SF. The purchase, by you , of a G20, will tear your heart strings, of which, you actually prefer. Believe me, it is quite the dilemma. You'll be able to handle it, but, just barely, I'll admit. When heading out the house, and you have to decide, which gets the nod, and why, is problematic. Just get a G20, and you will see what I mean, then get back with me. I'ts a dilemma, I tell you.
Contemplating getting someone to cut down the G20 so the magwell is the same length as the G29 but have the barrel and slide, ergo power, of the G20.
CybrSlydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 19:31   #23
RYT 2BER

Quote:
Contemplating getting someone to cut down the G20 so the magwell is the same length as the G29 but have the barrel and slide, ergo power, of the G20.
Personally I loathe this idea on any gun but particularly in this case I think it's awful.

The slide of the g20 is very heavy and I think the weight distribution would be horrible.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:21   #24
CybrSlydr

General Glocking

This sums it up for me -
Quote:
Unless you want a handgun that has a longer sight radius for better hand held accuracy, a longer barrel for higher velocity (plus the abilty to add a 6" barrel for even more 10mm punch), a heaver slide to help dampen that snappy recoil I get from a lighter slide on a Glock 29, and with a G29 legnth frame, the thing is just as concealable as a G29 when carried in a IWB holster (the butt isn't sticking out of your hip), and I can use a factory magazine that is just as easily obtainable.
So in summary: More accurate, more powerful, and a smoother recoil inpulse, than a G29, but just as concealable.
http://rugerforum.net/gun-gallery/26...29-hybrid.html

Last edited by CybrSlydr; 02-17-2013 at 08:24..
Old 02-17-2013, 08:25   #25
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Contemplated that move, myself, a couple years back. Decided I much prefer the G20 grip size to the 29, even with the pearce mag extensions on the 29. I just prefer plenty of grip space, over cramming my fingers on the 29. The pearce make it, barely manageable, and because of the extensions, I've made the 29 my primary carry. I carried last summer with just a t-shirt, and could keep the 29 hidden. Could not pull it off with the 20 though.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:29   #26
CybrSlydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Contemplated that move, myself, a couple years back. Decided I much prefer the G20 grip size to the 29, even with the pearce mag extensions on the 29. I just prefer plenty of grip space, over cramming my fingers on the 29. The pearce make it, barely manageable, and because of the extensions, I've made the 29 my primary carry. I carried last summer with just a t-shirt, and could keep the 29 hidden. Could not pull it off with the 20 though.
I do notice that after about 150-200rds there are a few friction points on my knuckles. Specifically from the cutout at the rear of the trigger guard on my middle finger. I also find that my trigger finger is at an angle so it rubs on the bottom of the trigger guard as well.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:36   #27
alwaysshootin

Quote:
I do notice that after about 150-200rds there are a few friction points on my knuckles. Specifically from the cutout at the rear of the trigger guard on my middle finger. I also find that my trigger finger is at an angle so it rubs on the bottom of the trigger guard as well.
The trigger finger experience, I find shooting most Glocks. You will get used to it. The only other firearm I experienced any other finger soreness with was the Super Blackhawk with the square trigger guard. Not with any Glocks.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:36   #28
blastfact

I like the idea of a cut down 20 grip. But we can open carry here. So need to do that.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:48   #29
RYT 2BER

I have 2 g20s and 2 g29s

Honestly I can't fathom the interest in a cut down g20 unless I lived in a 10 round max state.

The greatest thing about the g20 is 15+1 10mm.

I guess people just have to mess around with stuff to some extent.
Old 02-17-2013, 13:34   #30
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYT 2BER View Post
I guess people just have to mess around with stuff to some extent.
That is a rhetorical question, right? How many posts have you seen on GT, that a poster purchases a new Glock, asks, about five different parts change outs, and wanting opinions, on, and, in what order they should be done in? All, before they have even shot the firearm!
Old 02-17-2013, 17:46   #31
Alan Edmonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockclimber View Post
I've been looking at their 9mm stuff and from the specs it appears to be HOT! I know that my Glocks are tough, but am curious at how aversely Underwood ammo will impact the longevity of my pistols. What has been your experience with this stuff?
The recoil spring in the Gen 3 glocks are the same for the G17, G22, & G31 (as are the RS for the G19, 23 & 32 and G26, 27, & 33) The Underwood ammo in 9mm +p+ should not be any more taxing on your gun that are the 40 S&W and 357 SIG. Just change the RS after every 2000-2500 rounds to minimize wear.
Alan Edmonds is offline   Reply With Quote