SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:31   #1
Gradetractor

21 SF Picatinny Ambidextrous Factory Night Sights

Opinions Please:

While doing a little research on the 21sf ambidextrous magazine release issues, I read that some think the Ambidextrous, Picatinny model may be considered collectible.

I also read that Glock will replace the gun if you send this particular model back to them. So my question is: Is there enough potential for "Collectibility" in this 21 to warrant keeping it intact or should I just go ahead and send it back? I'm either going to sell it and purchase a new one, or send it back to Glock for a new one to avoid any future magazine release issues. I just don't want to send it off to it's potential demise if it has collectible value to someone else.

Last edited by Gradetractor; 02-25-2013 at 16:07..
Gradetractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:55   #2
misunderestimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradetractor View Post
Opinions Please:

While doing a little research on the 21sf ambidextrous magazine release issues, I read that some think the Ambidextrous, Picatinny model may be considered collectible.

I also read that Glock will replace the gun if you send this particular model back to them. So my question is: Is there enough potential for "Collectibility" in this 21 to warrant keeping it intact or should I just go ahead and send it back? I'm either going to sell it and purchase a new one, or send it back to Glock for a new one to avoid any future magazine release issues. I just don't want to send it off to it's potential demise if it has collectible value to someone else.

I bought it new and have fired exactly one round through it (coyote). I have had absolutely no problems with it. Serial # MLZ...
I had one and it had problems since day one. I waited for the Gen 4 G21 come out and the day it did I sent my ambi in to get swapped out for the new style gun . The G21Gen 4 is a great firearm. I would not hold onto the ambi in case it may become a collectable

Last edited by misunderestimated; 02-10-2013 at 10:56..
misunderestimated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:03   #3
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Yes, it is collectable, due to the very short run before Glock recalled them, combined with the large percentage of people who sent them in for replacement. If you are not going to use it, and can put a 3x5 card in the box with it explaining why it's collectable and not for self-defense use, IMO, it's already worth a small premium, and in a few yrs may be worth considerably more.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 15:42   #4
Gradetractor

Thanks for the replies. Anyone have an idea on an asking price?
Old 02-10-2013, 20:08   #5
samuse

I would think the market share that considers the biggest POS Glock ever made is collectible, and would pay a premium for... Is so minuscule as to be non-existant.

I'd get it swapped out for a Gen4 and then decide to keep it or sell it.

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 14:51   #6
Gradetractor

I'm going to send it back. Hopefully they send a new gen 4 for replacement. Anyone know if the gen 3 models are still being produced?
Old 02-13-2013, 14:58   #7
misunderestimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradetractor View Post
I'm going to send it back. Hopefully they send a new gen 4 for replacement. Anyone know if the gen 3 models are still being produced?
Great choice. In my case my gun was purchased as a carry gun for me and also as range gun for my left handed son.

A Gen 3 replacement gun did not have the ability to be converted to a left hand magazine release so my son could use it as a range gun and that why I was able to request a Gen 4 replacement fire arm

Good Luck What a soft recoiling and great shooting gun the Gen 4 G21 is
misunderestimated is offline   Reply With Quote