SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2013, 18:50   #151
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimdelacrim View Post
Is the creepy woods thread available anywhere?
I've searched for it, but couldn't find it. Weird, as I thought I was subscribed to it. If anyone has the link, i'd love to read it again.
Old 02-12-2013, 18:56   #152
ancient_serpent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Guano View Post
Having read this, most of it is crap. Amusing but crap.
You can shove that blanket statement up your nose.
My story is entirely true.
Feel free to research attacks on the market places in Mahmudiah, Iraq between 05-07.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 19:00   #153
WiCK3D_SiX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_plinking View Post
I've searched for it, but couldn't find it. Weird, as I thought I was subscribed to it. If anyone has the link, i'd love to read it again.
My search turned up an older thread asking about the woods thread as well. Inside I found this link:

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=87044

Hope it helps!
WiCK3D_SiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 22:44   #154
Tacoma12
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptomyneck View Post
When I was 18, I flew to NOLA in late '77. Sitting next to me on the plane was an older guy who kept talking to me. He said he had a rental car and would drive me to the Quarter (my family was there) since he was staying there too.

When we pulled up to his hotel, he reached over and put his hand on my leg asking me if I wanted to go up to his room with him. I snatched his hand off and told him to **** off. I got out and walked away. A year later, I saw his picture on the news. It was John Wayne Gacy.
That is crazy...just nuts. And by the late 70's Gacy had already killed something like 25+ people.

Until I was 8 years old I lived in a neighborhood in Massachusetts that had a lot of woods in the area. My friend and I were in the woods behind his house when we ran into this guy, much older probably high school age, shooting his 22 at some cans. A few days later he murdered his mother with that gun and dumped her body in the woods nearby. I didn't find out the full story until I was a teenager, but it still creeps me out.
Florida Glocker #163
G19, G21, G22, G23, G26, G33 & some XD's

Last edited by Tacoma12; 02-13-2013 at 12:45..
Tacoma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 23:02   #155
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poikilotrm View Post
I have personally seen this and it is very cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfa_lights
I've been out there. Other viewers nearby saw something. One group of middle aged women with several bottles of wine said they saw the lights. Some guy who pulled up in a Miata with CA plates, the top down, and a cello in the passenger seat wandered off into the desert with the cello and started playing. He came back and said the lights split up, played leapfrog, and changed color. Apparently they danced to his music, and flew around him.

All I saw were the headlights from cars going down a mountain. They all fillowed the same path, came on and went off at the same points, never passed eachother, etc. Also, I can read a map and compass, and verified the next day visually and on paper that those lights were in the exact direction of the road down the mountain.

I'm not saying there are never unexplainable lights there, but all the lights I saw were headlights.

Makes for a pleasant evening in the desert, if you don't mind the crazy people.

Want to see something cool? Look up the Marfa Lights Viewing Center on Google Earth. See those lines just south of it? That's an old air base. Only foundations and roads remain. Interesting history to it.

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357

Last edited by Texas357; 02-13-2013 at 02:46..
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 23:36   #156
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

I was on the panel but not selected for jury duty of a child molester. He had recorded many DVDs of his activites. As his defense consisted of "you can't prove which jurisdiction these crimes occurred in," (ultimately caused half the counts to be dropped,) the jury had to watch the DVDs. All of them. The county later had to provide extended counseling for the jurors.

Seeing that guy up front of the room, you might not have known he was evil. Maybe odd-looking. But when you hear the direction questions are going in voir dire, you could tell it wasn't going to be a pleasant trial.

As far as luring little kids into a van, that happened recently in my city- young girl riding a bike with her 8 y/o brother got grabbed right off her bicycle. Neighbors saw it happen but couldn't stop it, the girl's dog even bit one of the attackers. Girl dropped off 8 hours later out by the beach. The suspects when caught are 14, 15, and 18, IIRC. Crazy to think that happens.

And the estimates of active serial killers in the US is scary, but believable. If no bodies are found, or people aren't reported missing, might never found out about some of them.

Old 02-12-2013, 23:50   #157
Thomasc18
NRA Life Member

Subscribed.
Thomasc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:48   #158
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_dog View Post
Ran into evil a few times. The most recent was today. Wife and I were out doing our Sunday shopping routine. We were in a Target in the burbs of Cincinnati. We were in line next to an obvious Grandmother with two of her grandkids. They were at the register just over from us. One of the kids was a girl around 13-14. She was dirty looking and her unkept hair was beyond dirty and oily. Acted a little "off" too. She said "I feel sick" to her grandmother, that was what got our attention. Then she turned and looked at my wife, then me. Her skin was pale and her eyes were naturally dark circled. That wasn't the weird part. It was the way she looked out of her eyes. All I can say is evil is the best way to describe it. She stared at my wife basically the whole time we were checking out. I don't scare easy but this girl was unnerving the way she stared and acted. I was thinking about how to handle the situation if she approached us the whole time. I figured putting the shopping cart between us and her was the best way to avoid contact. Glad we were checked out before them.
Maybe she really was sick?

Last edited by Texas357; 02-13-2013 at 02:48..
Old 02-13-2013, 06:06   #159
ThatGuyDave

Amazing thread! Subscribed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-13-2013, 12:54   #160
eccho

My girlfriend, lets call her "May" for her privacy, was walking back to a babysitting clients house because she left her keys there the night before.
(door was unlocked when she walked home, so she didn't even notice then)

On the way back to this place, she noticed a little girl who looked like she was about 4 years old (remember this part, it's important later) out in the street wandering around.

She notices a white SUV driven by a "creepy older guy" going very slowly past this little girl, and the guy says something like "i lost my puppy can you help me."

Mind you, May didn't have a gun or anything. She's 20 and not old enough to carry in iowa. She calls 911 and puts the phone in her front pocket.

She walks across the street and says "hey sweetie where's your mommy? Let's go find your mommy." And this guy gets all pissed off. "Hey F you go away she's coming with me she's my daughter"

May says "The F she is I already called the cops". The guy drives off, and parks 2 blocks away. Presumably he was hoping May would think her job was done and leave this kid alone.

The cops show up in about 3 minutes from the time she called. Big shout out to the local PD, particularly the dispatcher.

May points out the guy parked like 2 blocks away, and they go run his plates and everything. May told me "a big red box showed up on the computer and the two cops immediately drew their guns and arrested him".

He not only had a rapsheet but outstanding warrants. Domestic battery, kidnapping, and I think rape were all in there.

Funny thing was the little girl was afraid of police, like deathly afraid. (which tells you something). May helped further by getting this girl to tell her where she lived.

May and the police bring this girl home, and the mother was so drugged out on who knows what she barely registered anything happened. She didn't know or even care. The police arrested her too for child endangerment, and probably were gonna add whatever drugs she was on.

Oh, and she wasn't 4 years old. She was a malnourished 9 year old.

The child went to a good foster home. May has known them for a long time, they're good people.

May is 20 and you need to be 21 to even have access to a handgun in the state of Iowa. I was working out of state at the time. I told her she can walk into any gunstore and pick any handgun she wants and I'll by it for her.

More than I worry "what if this guy had a weapon", I wonder...

What if May didn't leave her keys there and walk back to get them?

What if she was less observant and her BS meter just didn't go off?
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:59   #161
eccho

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/crime/m..._miller_trial/

This guy killed his wife.

I was friends with his son from 6th to 7th grade. We hung out and played videogames alot. I even spent the night at his house several times. His dad was the varcity volleyball coach at the private school I went to.

I had absolutely no idea something like that would happen.
Old 02-13-2013, 13:34   #162
deadmanglocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccho View Post
My girlfriend, lets call her "May" for her privacy, was walking back to a babysitting clients house because she left her keys there the night before.
(door was unlocked when she walked home, so she didn't even notice then)

On the way back to this place, she noticed a little girl who looked like she was about 4 years old (remember this part, it's important later) out in the street wandering around.

She notices a white SUV driven by a "creepy older guy" going very slowly past this little girl, and the guy says something like "i lost my puppy can you help me."

Mind you, May didn't have a gun or anything. She's 20 and not old enough to carry in iowa. She calls 911 and puts the phone in her front pocket.

She walks across the street and says "hey sweetie where's your mommy? Let's go find your mommy." And this guy gets all pissed off. "Hey F you go away she's coming with me she's my daughter"

May says "The F she is I already called the cops". The guy drives off, and parks 2 blocks away. Presumably he was hoping May would think her job was done and leave this kid alone.

The cops show up in about 3 minutes from the time she called. Big shout out to the local PD, particularly the dispatcher.

May points out the guy parked like 2 blocks away, and they go run his plates and everything. May told me "a big red box showed up on the computer and the two cops immediately drew their guns and arrested him".

He not only had a rapsheet but outstanding warrants. Domestic battery, kidnapping, and I think rape were all in there.

Funny thing was the little girl was afraid of police, like deathly afraid. (which tells you something). May helped further by getting this girl to tell her where she lived.

May and the police bring this girl home, and the mother was so drugged out on who knows what she barely registered anything happened. She didn't know or even care. The police arrested her too for child endangerment, and probably were gonna add whatever drugs she was on.

Oh, and she wasn't 4 years old. She was a malnourished 9 year old.

The child went to a good foster home. May has known them for a long time, they're good people.

May is 20 and you need to be 21 to even have access to a handgun in the state of Iowa. I was working out of state at the time. I told her she can walk into any gunstore and pick any handgun she wants and I'll by it for her.

More than I worry "what if this guy had a weapon", I wonder...

What if May didn't leave her keys there and walk back to get them?

What if she was less observant and her BS meter just didn't go off?
She probably saved that little girls life. Once when was younger I witnessed a child being beaten at a train station on a trip. Being young and unsure what to do I let the person get on the train with the child. I've never forgotten the feeling of helplessness that gave me and I vowed to NEVER again stand by and do nothing when a child is in danger. I often wonder if I had spoken up or stood up what I could have done for him.
deadmanglocking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 13:40   #163
eccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanglocking View Post
She probably saved that little girls life. Once when was younger I witnessed a child being beaten at a train station on a trip. Being young and unsure what to do I let the person get on the train with the child. I've never forgotten the feeling of helplessness that gave me and I vowed to NEVER again stand by and do nothing when a child is in danger. I often wonder if I had spoken up or stood up what I could have done for him.

When I was working at burger king I saw two things that made me sick. I sweet little girl, very politely I might add, asked her mom if she could get chicken nuggets instead of a cheeseburger with her kids meal. Her mother smacked her in the face. I couldn't believe it.
Old 02-13-2013, 14:25   #164
JAS104
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptomyneck View Post
When I was 18, I flew to NOLA in late '77. Sitting next to me on the plane was an older guy who kept talking to me. He said he had a rental car and would drive me to the Quarter (my family was there) since he was staying there too.

When we pulled up to his hotel, he reached over and put his hand on my leg asking me if I wanted to go up to his room with him. I snatched his hand off and told him to **** off. I got out and walked away. A year later, I saw his picture on the news. It was John Wayne Gacy.

holy hell
Old 02-13-2013, 17:22   #165
silentpoet

Quote:
When I was working at burger king I saw two things that made me sick. I sweet little girl, very politely I might add, asked her mom if she could get chicken nuggets instead of a cheeseburger with her kids meal. Her mother smacked her in the face. I couldn't believe it.
Some people need killing.
silentpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 19:01   #166
costanza187
I like Macs

This is a great thread, keep 'em coming!
Old 02-13-2013, 19:22   #167
Andy W

Quote:
Jump the counter and smack her face...repeatedly with a closed fist?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Andy W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 20:18   #168
GlockinNJ

Quote:
What was the other thing?
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 20:20   #169
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

The "food".
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 21:25   #170
Tacoma12
The Dude Abides

My mother shared a crazy story wth me: January 8th 1975 my aunt was in her 20's living in Leonia, NJ. She stopped at home to have lunch. A man and his teenage son walked by, stopped and asked if they could use her phone. She said no. They then asked for directions to the nearest bus stop. She gave them directions but noticed they didn't turn the way she had told them to go, they went straight. The next day she found out they had gained entry to a house down the street posing as salesmen, tied up the residents, and stabbed and killed a 21 year old woman. The guy's name is Joseph Kallinger aka "The Shoemaker". He died in prison in 1996. The 13 year old son and accomplice was released when he was 25.
Florida Glocker #163
G19, G21, G22, G23, G26, G33 & some XD's

Last edited by Tacoma12; 02-13-2013 at 21:29..
Tacoma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 21:51   #171
Gray_Rider

The above post by eccho reminded me of a story related by a friend years ago who worked in a record store in Ohio. He witnessed a well dressed East Indian couple and their two children (boy and girl) enter the store. The couple broused the store for some time till the little girl, about 7 or 8, selected a record and brought it to her father asking him to purchace it for her. The man loudly told the girl to put the record back, he wasn't purchasing it for her, and then out of the blue, slapped the child hard across the face!
"Brad", my friend, and not a small guy, almost vaulted the counter and confronted the man face to face telling him he would bounce the guy off of every wall in the place if he touched the child again. The customer became very loud and shouted to see the manager. "Brad" quietly told the man once again about what would happen if the man harmed the little girl in his presence, and told him to exit the store. "Brad's" manager arrived and the customer demanded "Brad" be fired for threatening him and interfearing with his family etc. The manager hearing the story directed the man to leave the premises at once while "Brad" stood almost toe to toe with the sputtering customer daring him to lay one hand on the woman or either of the children.
After a few tense moments, the couple exited, the man still shouting threats and obsenities.

P.S. "Brad" kept his job and was commended by his mgr. for not carrying through with his promises, though "Brad" told me it took everything in his power not to pound the guy into a grease spot...

Gray_Rider

Last edited by Gray_Rider; 02-13-2013 at 21:57..
Gray_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 22:04   #172
eccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockinNJ View Post
What was the other thing?
3 things actually.

Mother smacking the child for no reason already covered.

Someone else saw a woman actually turn around in her car in the drive through and viciously slap her kid multiple times. it might have been the same "woman". I didn't see it but my manager and another employee were shocked. It happened and they were gone before I thought to call the police. (I didn't even hear about it until they left)

And the third thing that probably burned my ass the most, another employee said she saw an officer fighting with some guy. She didn't call for help or stop or anything. Her job at burger king was too important. The cop wasn't winning the fight by the way. She couldn't even tell me where this was happening.

Last edited by eccho; 02-13-2013 at 22:12..
Old 02-13-2013, 22:10   #173
eccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Rider View Post
The above post by eccho reminded me of a story related by a friend years ago who worked in a record store in Ohio. He witnessed a well dressed East Indian couple and their two children (boy and girl) enter the store. The couple broused the store for some time till the little girl, about 7 or 8, selected a record and brought it to her father asking him to purchace it for her. The man loudly told the girl to put the record back, he wasn't purchasing it for her, and then out of the blue, slapped the child hard across the face!
"Brad", my friend, and not a small guy, almost vaulted the counter and confronted the man face to face telling him he would bounce the guy off of every wall in the place if he touched the child again. The customer became very loud and shouted to see the manager. "Brad" quietly told the man once again about what would happen if the man harmed the little girl in his presence, and told him to exit the store. "Brad's" manager arrived and the customer demanded "Brad" be fired for threatening him and interfearing with his family etc. The manager hearing the story directed the man to leave the premises at once while "Brad" stood almost toe to toe with the sputtering customer daring him to lay one hand on the woman or either of the children.
After a few tense moments, the couple exited, the man still shouting threats and obsenities.

P.S. "Brad" kept his job and was commended by his mgr. for not carrying through with his promises, though "Brad" told me it took everything in his power not to pound the guy into a grease spot...

Gray_Rider

"Brad" sounds like a man of good moral fiber. That took balls. I mean aside from not pounding the guy, I mean it took balls to actually step up and say something about it. Too many people would just stare.
Old 02-13-2013, 23:15   #174
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:
"Brad" sounds like a man of good moral fiber. That took balls. I mean aside from not pounding the guy, I mean it took balls to actually step up and say something about it. Too many people would just stare.
The sad fact is, if the man were beating on his wife and "Brad" lit into him, when the cops showed up, the woman would probably side with her husband. Seems to happen too often like that for a lot of guys to get involved in some other couple's dysfunction.

Now, if he's beating on the kids, or the wife in front of the kids, that changes the scenario significantly.
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 00:18   #175
Gray_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willfulone View Post
There are reasons that some of us walk around armed, so having said that, I'll pass on the face to face with evil part.

However, I will play on the creepy part.

We were buying a new house and they had a bad winter so
the house was about 2 months behind. Rather than put
my family up in a hotel for 3 months, I rented a small
cabin on the lake.

I was there for a month before my family came. The
first thing I noticed was that it was really really dark
at night. When you laid in bed, you could not even see
your hand in front of your face. On the third night I woke
up at 2 am and could see the bathroom light was on
across the cabin (1 BR). I laid there paralyzed with fear
for about an hour, then got up and turned it off. I talked
myself into the fact that I must have left it on.

The next night, I slept fine, woke up, stumbled into the
kitchen and almost **** my pants. Every upper cupboard
door was open. I almost had a heart attack. Went
to work and decided it was either wind or someone was
in the cabin at night.

On the way home that night, I stopped at the store and
got some tape and string. When I got back to the cabin
I taped and strung all the windows and doors. I then
started a system of checking every door and window
when I left or went to bed, never was one moved.

I started noticing strange things, there was a picture on
the wall, that was always crooked....

Never believed for a second in ghosts, until I lived in that
cabin for 5 weeks

Will
Will,

You will find usually two types of people in the world when it comes to the paranormal. Those who will "laugh their *** off" at you and those who have seen or experienced something they can't explain, let alone get a handle on.

I am of the second group. I have never had such an unnerving experience, but I believe you. Stuff like this has been reported for centuries all over the world. My experiences are minor by comparison, but I know what I saw and I know what I heard and felt.

Good story. Thanks for sharing.

Gray_Rider

Tags
taggerino