GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:45   #1
Mountain10mm

How to carry dressed business professional?

I've been having to dress more business professional lately for work...like dress pants/slacks, tie, and sometimes a suit. I'm having a hard time carrying without a sport coat or jacket.

Ankle holster? What do you guys do?
Mountain10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:06   #2
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm View Post
I've been having to dress more business professional lately for work...like dress pants/slacks, tie, and sometimes a suit. I'm having a hard time carrying without a sport coat or jacket.

Smartcarry or Comp-Tac M-Tac

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18   #3
SCmasterblaster

Quote:

I carry my G17 IWB no holster at 11-o'clock. Under my shirt. C1.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:24   #4
Gaston Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
I carry my G17 IWB no holster at 11-o'clock. Under my shirt. C1.
Seriously? Would love to see that...

GG
Gaston Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:54   #5
fwm

I have CCW'ed on the beach in trunks. Same gun I wore to a funeral yesterday.

.380 in the underwear.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:59   #6
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston Glock View Post
Seriously? Would love to see that...

GG
I have a large buckle.
Old 02-12-2013, 13:01   #7
Gaston Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwm View Post
I have CCW'ed on the beach in trunks. Same gun I wore to a funeral yesterday.

.380 in the underwear.
Seriously? Would not like to see that...lol

GG
Gaston Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 13:06   #8
Bren
NRA Life Member

If I carry a gun in a suit, either IWB or ankle holster with a PPK/S works best.
Old 02-12-2013, 13:11   #9
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

no coat wearing CCW with tucked in shirt requires a very small pistol in the front slacks pocket or on the ankle.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 02-12-2013 at 13:12..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 13:41   #10
Mountain10mm

Appreciate the advice. Any recommendations on an ankle holster? I have a Bianchi ankle holster that I've had for about 10 years, but it seems many people seem more fond of the Galco Ankle Glove or Ankle Lite. How does a G27 carry in an ankle holster?
Mountain10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 13:49   #11
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Appreciate the advice. Any recommendations on an ankle holster? I have a Bianchi ankle holster that I've had for about 10 years, but it seems many people seem more fond of the Galco Ankle Glove or Ankle Lite. How does a G27 carry in an ankle holster?
with dress shoes i prefer an light gun and light rig. an airweight J frame in an all elastic rig doesnt ride down my leg and rest on my ankle bone like a heavier one does....i use a heavier gun and heavier rig with high top, chukha boots.

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 02-12-2013 at 13:49..
Old 02-12-2013, 13:51   #12
rohanreginald
Novice

I've been carrying my g26 in a comptac infidel with the tuckable belt clip lately. It works great with dress clothes and the right belt.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-12-2013, 14:48   #13
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:

I carry an LCP in my side pocket in an Uncle Mike's holster.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 15:02   #14
Reaver2218

Send a message via Skype™ to Reaver2218
I have used my crossbread supertuck when wearing my suit I just keep the holster on and put my 19 in the desk and lock the drawer.
Reaver2218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 15:04   #15
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver2218 View Post
I have used my crossbread supertuck when wearing my suit I just keep the holster on and put my 19 in the desk and lock the drawer.
how does make you armed?

Old 02-12-2013, 15:33   #16
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

I put an LCR, in a Blackhawk pocket holster (#3, I think), in the front pocket, of my dress pants.
Just need to make sure the pocket opening is large enough before wearing / buying.
Old 02-12-2013, 17:59   #17
collim1
Shower Time!

Concealed in dress clothes is not easy. I pocket carry. Usually if you're in dress clothes concealment is very important, like at work. Pocket carry is the way to go. Ankle carry gives more chance of being seen.

When I pocket carry I tote a 442 in a Uncle Mike's pocket holster. Short of being patted down no way anyone will notice.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 19:10   #18
sappy13

I used a smartcarry and a bellyband. Preferred the belly band though because due to my build, i just dont look right with a smarty carry in the 12 oclock. Also get a small gun like a p238 or something like that. A glock 26 or anything thick is gona be harder to hide.
sappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 19:44   #19
BMWMD

I carry OWB under my suit coat. Always. Daily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2013, 19:58   #20
Reaver2218

Send a message via Skype™ to Reaver2218
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
how does make you armed?
well I it doesnt but if I am giving a presentation to potential clients and I am up standing in my office I certainly cant have a gun strapped to my hip most of the time I am wearing casual attire like dockers and a polo shirt and I my 19 in my supertuck on me while at my desk ... but I work 70% of my job from home.
Reaver2218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 23:26   #21
roberev

Quote:
I've had an Alessi ankle holster for my G27/33 for over 15 years now. It was, and still is, IMHO, the best ankle holster for the G26/27/33. It took a while to break in, but when it finally did it was (and is) very comfortable. No calf strap needed. No pistol retention strap is needed either. Unless you have some circulatory issues in your legs (diabetes, gout, etc.), I highly recommend the Alessi.

The G27 is about as large a pistol as you reasonably can go if you want to maintain concealment on the ankle. Even then, dress slacks or light weight fabric Dockers are a must in order to prevent obvious printing and to ensure a snag-free draw. Avoid +2 mag extensions as well, as they can protrude a bit too much. Other standard rules still apply, such as, be sure to have proper hem length and do not cross your legs while seated.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD
roberev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 00:36   #22
jhmayhem

I just bought a Desantis Apache ankle holster for my G26 and I have to say it was way more comfortable than I expected, worth the $45 thus far. I walked to and from my local library and it was completely concealed on my leg and no discomfort.

Back when I had to dress business casual for work I preferred pocket carry myself because of the long hours I had to have the gun on me, but I was also able to pull off tuckable holsters too.
jhmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:09   #23
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
It will work, but the ankle glove is the newb's ankle holster. It;'s comfortable the first time you wear it...which means it doesn't hold your gun close and it bounces all ver the place. I use one for my PPK/S and have used one for a G27 (since I got them both free) but a $30 Uncle Mike's is a LOT better for the purpose.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:34   #24
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

I think you're asking about business casual. Business professional would be a suit or blazer at the very least. Crossbreed is tuckable. Not that I would wear one, but a thi sweater or sweater vest is common and conceals a tuckable quite nicely.
Quote:

Old 02-14-2013, 09:00   #25
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

S&W 442 in carried in a left hand SmartCarry. I carry it positioned for a right hand draw. I found when I used a right hand rig the grip was positioned horizontally and sometimes there would be a bulge where there shouldn't be.

With my current setup the grip rides vertically and blends in perfectly with the pleats. I've never been made in the year I've been carrying this way with either setup (and I work with a bunch of gun guys), but the current version is completely invisible even if you know where to look.

My current dress with this rig is normally fitted pleated slacks (shorts in summer) with either a shirt and tie, or a Nike polo shirt.

Edit: Draw from this rig is surprisingly fast, even one handed, but reholstering is another story. If I had to draw it it would go in a pocket afterwards.

Edit number two: WARNING! WARNING! I carried a S&W M15 snub in an ankle holster when I worked at the Pentagon. This very important warning comes from personal and painful (as in tearful) experience. Do not, I repeat, do not run carelessly while carrying a steel gun this way. This is very important. Commit it to memory. Live it. Failure to do so will result in excruciating pain and temporary inability to function on any level.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 02-14-2013 at 09:31..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote