GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2013, 17:32   #26
Jerry

Didn't see it don't know what was said but I have a question based on the OPs recollection of "O"s statement. What makes a crime that is commented using a gun deserve a higher standard of punishable than the same crime committed with a knife, brick, bat, bottle, rock or a wet noodle?
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 18:27   #27
Dawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Didn't see it don't know what was said but I have a question based on the OPs recollection of "O"s statement. What makes a crime that is commented using a gun deserve a higher standard of punishable than the same crime committed with a knife, brick, bat, bottle, rock or a wet noodle?
Bill "you suckers think I am a conservative" O'Reilly does not care, he just wants a stage to preen and preach.
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 19:08   #28
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawolf View Post
Bill "you suckers think I am a conservative" O'Reilly does not care, he just wants a stage to preen and preach.
Exactly.
He is a former school teacher and T.V. reporter, generally two of the most liberal professions around and almost impossible to do BOTH without being liberal.

He got fired from a liberal network and decided to spin it to his advantage by claiming it was because of his "conservatism" so it opened a new direction for him to take his act, for more money.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 20:51   #29
RJ's Guns

Quote:

How about a murder this is a bias-motivated crime such as race hate (or as it is now called, a “hate crime”). What makes that type of murder (hate crime) deserve a higher standard of punishable than the a murder committed because the murder loved the victim too much.

RJ
RJ's Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 21:05   #30
somebodybuymeaglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
One other thing registration will lead to besides confiscation. Taxation. Don't be surprised if registration leads to a permit which will lead to annual renewals, all at a charge of course.
Then there is the charge they will add on just to register a weapon.
Even in Utah, where CCW's are pretty easy to come by, there is a 5 year renewal process and fee.
Yes
Little by little make the process lengthy and expensive enough to be out of reach for the average person. Want to keep your guns but cant afford all the fees? Now you're a felon. So much opportunity for abuse.

To tax is the power to destroy.

-Mark Twain
somebodybuymeaglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 21:20   #31
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodybuymeaglock View Post
Yes
Little by little make the process lengthy and expensive enough to be out of reach for the average person. Want to keep your guns but cant afford all the fees? Now you're a felon. So much opportunity for abuse.

To tax is the power to destroy.
"To tax is the power to destroy" and control.

RJ
Old 02-12-2013, 21:58   #32
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ's Guns View Post
How about a murder this is a bias-motivated crime such as race hate (or as it is now called, a “hate crime”). What makes that type of murder (hate crime) deserve a higher standard of punishable than the a murder committed because the murder loved the victim too much.

RJ
That is a more interesting issue than it seems at first. Think about it.

We are adding a punishment to something that is a crime because of the THOUGHT that was behind it. In essence we are punishing a thought. That is flat out eerie
Old 02-13-2013, 06:48   #33
frogmorton11

Here is a link to O'Reilly talking to Letterman last night. A lot about drones before the gun discussion starts. O'Reilly wants to register all guns, period. Says banning of ARs should be left to states.
frogmorton11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 13:47   #34
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
That is a more interesting issue than it seems at first. Think about it.

We are adding a punishment to something that is a crime because of the THOUGHT that was behind it. In essence we are punishing a thought. That is flat out eerie

I see that as a matter of the “camel’s nose in the tent”. The next thing we will know, the whole camel will be in the tent.

Do not forget about “hate speech” being a crime and "hate speech" can be anything the Powers That Be want it to be. So much for the First Amendment.

Lincoln put people in prison for talking and writing things against the Civil War and Lincoln is held out to be one of our country’sgreatest leaders.

I would suggest that people read The Real Lincoln by Thomas Dilorenzo,

[url][URL="

However, considering most of the people on GlockTalk, to suggest that they read a book or educate themselves, is a waste of my time and effort.

RJ
Old 02-13-2013, 13:55   #35
Leigh

[QUOTE=RJ's Guns;] However, considering most of the people on GlockTalk, to suggest that they read a book or educate themselves, is a waste of my time and effort.

Not the brightest generalization I've seen.
I don't know who is more arrogant, O'Reilly or you.
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 13:56   #36
Matthew26

Quote:
Nor have I forgotten his prior comments on gun control. He pi...d me off and I completely stopped watching his program because of it.
RJ
Yep. I remember his rant on the ending of the so-called AWB ban in 2004. He was pretty ugly. Don't trust him.
Matthew26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 15:30   #37
countrygun

[quote=Leigh;19984111]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ's Guns;
However, considering most of the people on GlockTalk, to suggest that they read a book or educate themselves, is a waste of my time and effort.

Not the brightest generalization I've seen.
I don't know who is more arrogant, O'Reilly or you.
Definitely O'Reilly, he doesn't know his audience as well as RJ knows the GT membership
Old 02-13-2013, 15:35   #38
BobbyS
You Talkin ToMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gewehr View Post
Both of those ideas are bad ones.
Why are 'gun crimes' worse than other crimes? Is someone murdered with a firearm more dead than someone murdered with a hammer? Why would making them Federal offenses make any difference? (short answer; it wouldn't. The federal court system is even more screwed up than most.)
Registering all guns and requiring background checks for all transfers will not stop a single murder or shooting, but will be a huge infringement on the rights of citizens. If you think that NICS is screwed up now, just wait and see what happens if THIS passes!
If all firearms are registered, then it makes it really easy for the government to confiscate them. Historically confiscation ALWAYS happens. Maybe not this year or next year, but it WILL happen.

My final point is that none of those measures will have any positive effect whatsoever on violent crime. If you think differently, PROVE IT! (remember, using only statistics for 'gun crime' is dishonest if violent crime goes up)
I don't see everyone registering their firearm.
Old 02-13-2013, 15:56   #39
Jerry

Quote:

RJ
Well, I was dismissed from a "hate crime" trial for making the following statement after the DA asked my opinion of the Hate Crime law. I said the Hated Crime law is useless. DA; would mine explaining that. Absolutely. A criminal doesn't plan on getting cough so saying this or that will add time to a sentence is not a deterrent. Also the hate crime law is not enforced equally. Thank you Mr. Jerry we won't be needing you.
BIG DAWG #4

Last edited by Jerry; 02-13-2013 at 16:00..
Old 02-13-2013, 16:06   #40
Jerry

Quote:

Definitely O'Reilly, he doesn't know his audience as well as RJ knows the GT membership
Hey! I read a book once. Once!
BIG DAWG #4

Last edited by Jerry; 02-13-2013 at 16:07..
Old 02-13-2013, 16:15   #41
countrygun

Quote:
Hey! I read a book once. Once!
So how did it end? Did Veronica end up going out with Archie?

Old 02-13-2013, 16:56   #42
Jerry

Quote:
So how did it end? Did Veronica end up going out with Archie?

Nahhhh! All the anti gun government types got popped. Unintended Consequences.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 02-17-2013, 14:16   #43
damnyankee20

I don't understand O'Reilly's point regarding gun registration. If a criminal uses a gun in a crime, you give him 10 years. Got it. I'm good with that.

But what does gun registration have to do with anything??? I will NOT register my firearms. No way. Sorry. We have NY State politicians who were talking about CONFISCATION a few months ago.

Good Lord - I think Nugent is right: America is becoming Planet of the Apes! We need more immigrants to bring reason to us spoiled and selfish Americans:

damnyankee20 is offline   Reply With Quote