GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 17:48   #226
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmanta View Post
I need a punch (or similar tool) to get the FP out, but otherwise I agree.
On the 1911 ???

Use the mainspring housing pin.

BTW you do know, on the original, you are supposed to use the toe of a mag on the grip screws and the bent small tip on the leaf spring can be used as a screwdriver on the mag release assembly.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 19:01   #227
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
BTW you do know, on the original, you are supposed to use the toe of a mag on the grip screws and the bent small tip on the leaf spring can be used as a screwdriver on the mag release assembly.
Very true

It was certainly very innovative.
__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 19:25   #228
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,397
This thread has legs.....

I wonder if Trey Parker is on the same level as Walt Disney?
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:09   #229
ddbtoth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Cheap lifetime NRA member
Posts: 2,338
One is a demigod-the other is a humorless Australian business man.
__________________
"I have no pity" Francis Dolarhyde

"Thank you, but I would rather die behind the chemical sheds."
ddbtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:30   #230
caraker0341
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 315
Troll off....

I sincerely wish I had a tenth of the talent these two had. One repeatedly revolutionized the small arms world and the other climbed to the top of said world with a single design. Any real discussion on the supremacy of either is fraught with impossibility and sprinkled with troll bait. I shall just be happy to shoot one of their designs whilst competing against talented shooters using the other.

That said.....

TROLL ON!!!
__________________
Agent K "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
caraker0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:39   #231
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by caraker0341 View Post
Troll off....

I sincerely wish I had a tenth of the talent these two had. One repeatedly revolutionized the small arms world and the other climbed to the top of said world with a single design. Any real discussion on the supremacy of either is fraught with impossibility and sprinkled with troll bait. I shall just be happy to shoot one of their designs whilst competing against talented shooters using the other.

That said.....

TROLL ON!!!
If Lady Gaga had a hit on the charts right now and the Beatles didn't, would you say that Lady Gaga has contributed as much to the music world as the Beatles?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:40   #232
Rinspeed
JAFO
 
Rinspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 9,805


I would say it's about time this stupid thread had run it's course.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------


You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:48   #233
caraker0341
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 315
You watch yer mouth! Lady Gaga is a fashion genius!!
__________________
Agent K "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
caraker0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:52   #234
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by caraker0341 View Post
You watch yer mouth! Lady Gaga is a fashion genius!!
And here is a personal Glock Salute to Lady Gaga




General Firearms Forum
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:55   #235
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
If Lady Gaga had a hit on the charts right now and the Beatles didn't, would you say that Lady Gaga has contributed as much to the music world as the Beatles?
Good point
__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:10   #236
MrGlock21
NRA Instructor
 
MrGlock21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,193


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
That's a silly question. If you need to ask it, you won't udnerstand the answer.
This ^^^^^^ exactly
__________________
Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face.
(Thomas Sowell)
MrGlock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:15   #237
21tango
Psyop
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 15
Gaston Glock designed a great pistol and inspired a revolution through out the industry. John Browning Developed several weapon systems that may have changed the outcome of World wars 1 and 2 . John was so far ahead of the game that a 100 years latter almost all of his designs are just as relevant today as they were when he designed them. "Not even close" John Browning > Gaston Glock
21tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:24   #238
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
And here is a personal Glock Salute to Lady Gaga




General Firearms Forum
__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:44   #239
willieH
Senior Member
 
willieH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21tango View Post
... John Browning Developed several weapon systems that may have changed the outcome of World wars 1 and 2 ...
Changed the outcome of WW2?? I didn't know the spirit of John Browning did covert design work for the Manhattan Project. I'm always amazed at the things you read on the internet.

General Firearms Forum

Last edited by willieH; 02-12-2013 at 06:04.. Reason: added pic
willieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:12   #240
Bob Hafler
Senior Member
 
Bob Hafler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
And here is a personal Glock Salute to Lady Gaga




General Firearms Forum
Just when I thought it was impossible to make a Glock any uglier.

Last edited by Bob Hafler; 02-12-2013 at 06:13..
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:14   #241
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieH View Post
Changed the outcome of WW2?? I didn't know the spirit of John Browning did covert design work for the Manhattan Project. I'm always amazed at the things you read on the internet.

General Firearms Forum
That might have been a stretch, but he did say "may have" changed the outcome, due to the great designs.

It surely didn't hurt, I'll say that.
__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:21   #242
caraker0341
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 315
Obviously that is a picture from space of a Glock 20 being fired.
__________________
Agent K "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
caraker0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:30   #243
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieH View Post
Changed the outcome of WW2?? I didn't know the spirit of John Browning did covert design work for the Manhattan Project. I'm always amazed at the things you read on the internet.

General Firearms Forum
I'm surprised that you know so little about WW II that you post the mushroom cloud and think that supports what you said.
__________________
If you are not an NRA member, you are not involved in gun rights, so sit down and shut the +%@# up.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:05   #244
willieH
Senior Member
 
willieH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I'm surprised that you know so little about WW II that you post the mushroom cloud and think that supports what you said.
What I said was in response to 21Tango's simplistic notion that Browning designed weapons may have effected the outcome of WWII. My equally simplistic answer was to exemplify that other factors played a greater role and had profound consequence to shape the outcome of the war. Sorry not to include Allied battle strategies in Europe/North African campaign, the Soviet and Polish contributions and the Western Pacific naval victories and yes the atomic bomb.

But since you've judged my lack of knowledge, I would welcome your rendition of WWII history that supports 21Tango's notion that Browning designed weapons shaped the wars outcome.
willieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:15   #245
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieH View Post
What I said was in response to 21Tango's simplistic notion that Browning designed weapons may have effected the outcome of WWII. My equally simplistic answer was to exemplify that other factors played a greater role and had profound consequence to shape the outcome of the war. Sorry not to include Allied battle strategies in Europe/North African campaign, the Soviet and Polish contributions and the Western Pacific naval victories and yes the atomic bomb.

But since you've judged my lack of knowledge, I would welcome your rendition of WWII history that supports 21Tango's notion that Browning designed weapons shaped the wars outcome.
Well, you could start out with the fact that nearly every "gun" on every American aircraft, fighter, bomber, etc was a Browning design. As was the "Quad .50 anti-aircraft gun.

The BAR shaped squad tactics, and the use of the .30 Browning can't be overlooked at the infantry level.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:21   #246
Three-Five-Seven
Señor Mombo
 
Three-Five-Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Tucson
Posts: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieH View Post
What I said was in response to 21Tango's simplistic notion that Browning designed weapons may have effected the outcome of WWII. My equally simplistic answer was to exemplify that other factors played a greater role and had profound consequence to shape the outcome of the war. Sorry not to include Allied battle strategies in Europe/North African campaign, the Soviet and Polish contributions and the Western Pacific naval victories and yes the atomic bomb.

But since you've judged my lack of knowledge, I would welcome your rendition of WWII history that supports 21Tango's notion that Browning designed weapons shaped the wars outcome.
You really should read Stephen Ambrose's "Citizen Soldiers".
__________________
That I could be wrong is an eventuality that has not escaped me. I just painted the pictures as I saw them. I do not know how to do anything else. (Saint Elmer, 1955)
Three-Five-Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26   #247
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape
 
SC Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 6,997
Here's the thing - the design that most people associate with Browning - the 1911 - may have been one of the least significant weapons he developed from a historical (ie "changing the results of a battle or war") perspective.

Think about how important the rest of them must have been then!
__________________
Hug your barking irons as the Devil hugs a witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 02-12-2013 at 13:45..
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:53   #248
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 12,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieH View Post
Changed the outcome of WW2?? I didn't know the spirit of John Browning did covert design work for the Manhattan Project. I'm always amazed at the things you read on the internet.

General Firearms Forum
Herman Goring said if he had been able to equip his planes with the Browning 50 cal machine guns, they would have won the battle of Britain.
__________________
If it can't get you in trouble, it's not an adventure.

Last edited by Batesmotel; 02-12-2013 at 12:54..
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 14:59   #249
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
On the 1911 ???

Use the mainspring housing pin.

BTW you do know, on the original, you are supposed to use the toe of a mag on the grip screws and the bent small tip on the leaf spring can be used as a screwdriver on the mag release assembly.
Yep. For the M1911 and M1911A1, you need nothing to break the gun down in detail other what's supplied with the gun.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 15:05   #250
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Yep. For the M1911 and M1911A1, you need nothing to break the gun down in detail other what's supplied with the gun.
well, opposable thumbs help, but i digress.
__________________
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 670
177 Members
493 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42