Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 18:35   #201
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Speed View Post
....I don't believe he's unstable. He's just a man pushed to his limits.
Incorrect. He is a murderer and a bad person.

There is absolutely no excuse to run around commiting murder. To shoot at the children of someone you have a beef with, is not reasonable, nor the actions of a stable person.

I have seen cops lose everything and then get slandered by the media, and they did not go on a murder spree.

My personal challenges are not available for discussion, but they are nothing you could imagine, and I came out OK. Haven't hunted down anyone yet.

You are wasting your time being concerned about Dorner.

If being fired (even if it was not justified, and who really knows) pushes someone to their limit, and they go on a murder spree, then I would say that person was fired not a moment too soon.

Last edited by DustyJacket; 02-11-2013 at 00:52..
Old 02-10-2013, 19:44   #202
Nanuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyjacket View Post
incorrect. He is a murderer and a bad person.

There is absolutely no excuse to run around commiting murder. To shoot at the children of someone you have a beef with, is not reasonable, nor the actions of a stable person.

I have seen cops lose everything and then get slandered by the media, and they did not go on a murder spree.

My personal challenges are not available for discussion, but they are nothing you could imagine, and i came out ok. Haven't hunted down anyone yet.

you are wasting your time being concerned about dorner.

If being fired (even if it was not justified, and who really knows) pushes someone to their limit, and they go on a muder spree, then i would say that person was fired not a moment too soon.

bingo!
Old 02-10-2013, 20:05   #203
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Regardless of whether he was telling the truth or not, he NEEDED to be fired.

He obviously is not stable - I have gone through some (dung) in my life, and even have been so mad at a person my heart started running 100mph when he was near, but I NEVER was tempted to go shooting at anyone.

on a different note:
To add to this "domestic terrorist" thought, I wonder if he converted to a different religion-that-shall-not-be-named recently.....
You are very lucky to have not gone after anyone. With the stress levels of life today I am surprised that we don't have more people just start shooting.

My mom was sexually assaulted by a retired leo and believe me, I have wanted smoke him for a long time. But the law says U can't do it so it does not get done. I believe the story out in La is bigger than we all imagine but I have seen many departments that have really bad policy and it comes from the county/city and not always the actual officers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
Old 02-10-2013, 20:20   #204
Southswede

deleted.....

Last edited by Southswede; 02-10-2013 at 20:21..
Old 02-10-2013, 20:32   #205
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

When Maurice Clemmons shot and killed four of Lakewood's best, the investigation quickly revealed that he was getting family support to the point he was being shuttled around and some treatment for his GSW. I put nothing past the idea that there may be some support out there not yet discovered.

There were people in the community at that time who were rooting for Clemmons to kill more cops, too.

There will always be the fringe for that sort of thing.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Working overtime to pay for Obamacare
Old 02-10-2013, 20:35   #206
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Everyone should follow actionshooter10's advice.

Do NOT go down that road.

Thanks!
Copy that.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 02-10-2013, 20:39   #207
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
When Maurice Clemmons shot and killed four of Lakewood's best, the investigation quickly revealed that he was getting family support to the point he was being shuttled around and some treatment for his GSW. I put nothing past the idea that there may be some support out there not yet discovered.

There were people in the community at that time who were rooting for Clemmons to kill more cops, too.

There will always be the fringe for that sort of thing.
The last time we had a cop killed here the shooters hoodrat family got him to FLA pretty damn quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Either way, prayers to our brothers and sisters out there.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 02-10-2013, 20:40   #208
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
The last time we had a cop killed here the shooters hoodrat family got him to FLA pretty damn quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Either way, prayers to our brothers and sisters out there.

Yea. That why I think they put that reward on him. I have very little doubt that he is hiding out amongst sympathizers.

I don't know if concentrating so much force on one small area like they have been doing is such a good idea.

Remember a 17 year old eluded a manhunt for what, 2 years before he was captured thousands of miles away from where he was believed to be hiding? (Colton Harris Moore)

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 02-10-2013 at 20:42..
Old 02-10-2013, 20:51   #209
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
Yea. That why I think they put that reward on him. I have very little doubt that he is hiding out amongst sympathizers.

I don't know if concentrating so much force on one small area like they have been doing is such a good idea.

Remember a 17 year old eluded a manhunt for what, 2 years before he was captured thousands of miles away from where he was believed to be hiding? (Colton Harris Moore)

We don't have much to discuss, chief.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 02-10-2013, 20:58   #210
Patchman
Florist

He can run (sometime for a while), but he can't hide.

As I've posted before, when the hunt team catches up with him, just take fingerprints and a DNA swab. Bury the body deeply. Let him become a D.B.Cooper legend.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Old 02-10-2013, 21:07   #211
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
He can run (sometime for a while), but he can't hide.

As I've posted before, when the hunt team catches up with him, just take fingerprints and a DNA swab. Bury the body deeply. Let him become a D.B.Cooper legend.
Uhm I have to say "no" to that idea. everyone is jumpy enough and killing and disappearing into legend is not the same as hijacking a plane and disappearing with money.
Old 02-10-2013, 21:15   #212
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
We don't have much to discuss, chief.

Super

Old 02-10-2013, 21:30   #213
Marlowe

Judging from some of the empathy Dorner is receiving in this and other forums, as well as outright support and hero worship he is receiving from other quarters, Dorner's best bet would be to declare victory and surrender. Then he can enjoy all the empathy and support that would surely flow out of coverage of his trial.

He might even walk.

Let's review:

Go back to Sunday, in Irvine. Two citizens shot to death in cold blood. One was the daughter of the man that defended Dorner in the trial board that led to his being fired for committing a crime---filing a false police report. The other was her fiancé.

Let me repeat that, since it seems to be lost amongst all this empathy: he shot down two defenseless people who never caused him any harm.

Even if his firing was unjust, there is no justification for that double murder. That's not justice...or even vengeance. It's just evil.

Some have questioned why he was fired, even if his complaint was false. For those outside of LE, being a proven liar is a career ender. It has to be disclosed to the defense in each case in which the officer appears as a witness. An officer who fabricated a complaint against another officer would never withstand cross examination when testifying in any other matter.

But again, only a depraved individual commits murder such as this. Even if unjustly fired, even if he lost everything to that injustice (to assume for the sake of argument), a person has to be very sick indeed to act this way. Sick in a way that has nothing to do with what LAPD did or did not do. It's who he is.

End of rant.

Last edited by Marlowe; 02-10-2013 at 21:31..
Old 02-10-2013, 21:31   #214
metal

Has anyone posted this yet?
Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil
http://m.now.msn.com/christopher-dor...get-on-us-soil
Old 02-10-2013, 21:37   #215
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
Has anyone posted this yet?
Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil
http://m.now.msn.com/christopher-dor...get-on-us-soil
The government seriously wants a mass insurrection on their hands.

Old 02-10-2013, 21:44   #216
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

News for you: not the first times drones have operated in the USA. And he isn't being targeted. He is being searched for using better assets than a high maintenance helo. From a cost and manpower perspective, it makes sense.

People want conspiracies where there is none.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Working overtime to pay for Obamacare
Old 02-10-2013, 21:46   #217
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
News for you: not the first times drones have operated in the USA. And he isn't being targeted. He is being searched for using better assets than a high maintenance helo. From a cost and manpower perspective, it makes sense.

People want conspiracies where there is none.
I'm not into conspiracies.

But everyone who is, will view this as further validation of their beliefs.

Old 02-10-2013, 21:48   #218
jdavionic
NRA Member

Not sure why he'd head for Mexico with $1M on his head. They'd be more likely to take him out for $1.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
Old 02-10-2013, 22:32   #219
unixglocker

I've got a catchy name for this guy.

Black Rambo.
Old 02-10-2013, 23:02   #220
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
I'm not into conspiracies.

But everyone who is, will view this as further validation of their beliefs.

I thought it was common knowledge that surplused DOD Predator drones are already operational. And Hogfire missile practice missions are operational in Nevada. Hypothetically speaking, that is.

Our agency starts armed drone overflight operations in April.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

Last edited by Patchman; 02-10-2013 at 23:04..

Closed Thread