Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-10-2013, 14:05   #1
chrisbroz

.380 conversion kit...

Since the Glock 25 & 28 do not 'make points' for importation, why hasn't some enterprising individual brought out a .380 conversion kit for a G26 or G19 in the same manner as .22 conversion kits are available for G17 & G19 frames??? Personally I'd stay with the 9 in the G19 or G26, but there are some who prefer the 'milder' .380/9mm Kurz. I like the concept of conversion kits - I have one in .22 LR for my 1911 and when funds permit, will get one for my G35 (if I can find one)
chrisbroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 14:10   #2
THE VOID

Nothing makes me happier than half the power at twice the price ammo!
THE VOID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 14:12   #3
vista461

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE VOID View Post
/ end thread
vista461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 15:03   #4
Cole125
Silver Membership

With the current state of ammo availability that would be a really good idea. You can easily find .380 ammo, while 9mm is scarce.

I am thinking a .380 barrel and lighter recoil spring might be all you need to convert a 9mm Glock to .380, someone just has to make it.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:27   #5
bentbiker
NRA Member

Since Glock chose the blowback design for its .380s, as opposed to the normal locked breech design for the rest of the lineup, I suspect they concluded that the lower power .380 was not capable of operating the Glock locked breech design. It might therefore require a full kit including slide -- like the AA conversion kits for .22LR.
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 19:26   #6
TTex
Cannon Fodder

There was a thread a while back talking about shooting .40S&W in a 10mm Glock. The author swore there wasn't a problem in doing so. Following that reason, if you can fire 40 in a 10mm you could fire .380 in a 9mm. Personally I would only try that in an emergency situation, but the author of that thread was very adamant there were no ill effects and he did so all the time, so in theory all you might need is a weaker return spring.
TTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 19:33   #7
chrisbroz

At one time the Astra 400 (9mm Largo) was advertised as able to shoot everything from 9mm Largo, thru 38 super/auto to .380....It's probably the only blowback pistol that can handle the 9mm Largo pressures (it makes a good parts launcher) - evidently the extractor is what held the other shorter cases, giving rise to the rumor and practice of trying to shoot all those rounds in that firearm - I had one years ago...I know this is off topic, so pardon me...it certainly is NOT a good practice to use the wrong round in ANY firearm!!! If it wasn't for idiots, of whom would we make fun???

CB in FL
chrisbroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 19:51   #8
TTex
Cannon Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbroz View Post
At one time the Astra 400 (9mm Largo) was advertised as able to shoot everything from 9mm Largo, thru 38 super/auto to .380....It's probably the only blowback pistol that can handle the 9mm Largo pressures (it makes a good parts launcher) - evidently the extractor is what held the other shorter cases, giving rise to the rumor and practice of trying to shoot all those rounds in that firearm - I had one years ago...I know this is off topic, so pardon me...it certainly is NOT a good practice to use the wrong round in ANY firearm!!! If it wasn't for idiots, of whom would we make fun???

CB in FL
Well if this is the case then the 380 would require a barrel change and RSA.
I'm not saying the guy was right. It was a very hotly contested thread. I just wanted to put the information out there, and maybe someone like CB here could clear it up.

Where I wouldn't be very interested in a swap like this, my wife is more of a 380 fan with its low recoil, so I think there might be a market for a conversion like that.
TTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 19:56   #9
Glock 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE VOID View Post
That is pretty damn funny.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.380, conversion kit