Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 15:14   #181
Detectorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
Naturally, I can't find the article again, but I believe that one of the news articles I read claimed that up to 60% of the cabins in Big Bear sit vacant at any selected time. Or, what if he knows how to survive in a snowcave?

Meanwhile, it seems like the police are covering their bets well and watching the Mexican border for this guy.

I haven't seen too many theories on what if this guy has accomplices? We've all seen information on the splinter groups that are now supporting him. What if someone else drove the truck to Big Bear. He supposedly owns thirty guns and had five years to plan. What if he has fifteen weapons caches?

The police really have their hands full with this one.
It does appear that he has had time to make all sort of plans. He may have a few 'supporters' which have provided him transportation. If so, he could be any where.

He probably needs to be shot on sight. Too dangerous. Like a rabid dog.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-10-2013, 15:19   #182
Low_Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrkt View Post
Im pretty sure you havent read any of the posts but they LAPD does have civilians on their review board. Isnt that exactly what you are talking about?
We have the same thing here. They have little to no power.
Old 02-10-2013, 15:20   #183
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Speed View Post
The lesson here is watch how you treat people because you never know how they'll react. Especially when they feel like their back is against the wall.
Always good advise.

Be cognizant of his/her behaviors towards you. At the same time, also be cognizant of your behaviors towards him/her.

Often, a "victim's" statement that he was acting like the perfect gentleman towards the other person, and for no apparent reason that person [insert adverb] responded back, will sound hollow... because it is.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

Last edited by Patchman; 02-10-2013 at 15:59..
Old 02-10-2013, 15:22   #184
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
We have the same thing here. They have little to no power.

Last edited by Patchman; 02-10-2013 at 15:28..
Old 02-10-2013, 15:24   #185
w01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
Naturally, I can't find the article again, but I believe that one of the news articles I read claimed that up to 60% of the cabins in Big Bear sit vacant at any selected time. Or, what if he knows how to survive in a snowcave?

Meanwhile, it seems like the police are covering their bets well and watching the Mexican border for this guy.

I haven't seen too many theories on what if this guy has accomplices? We've all seen information on the splinter groups that are now supporting him. What if someone else drove the truck to Big Bear. He supposedly owns thirty guns and had five years to plan. What if he has fifteen weapons caches?

The police really have their hands full with this one.
I doubt he has accomplices. Doesn't seem like one who builds relationships. If he does, the $1M reward just announced will probably throw a wrench into that situation.

Not that anyone should take him or the situation lightly, but he hasn't been seen or heard from in a couple of days now and as angry as he is he doesn't seem like the patient type now that he's started his scene. I think he under-planned for the bad weather, got stranded in the elements & he'll be found when the snow melts in Big Bear. Or he's holed up somewhere in Big Bear they haven't found yet.
Old 02-10-2013, 15:27   #186
Southswede

None other than Charlie Sheen is reaching out to this turd, telling him to "call me". Birds of a feather, I guess......
Old 02-10-2013, 15:37   #187
rdrkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-1 View Post
We've all heard compelling stories about how Dorner got a raw deal during his termination, yet we never hear the other side of the story. What is also not mentioned is that Dorner appealed this matter all the way to the California Court of Appeals, which upheld his termination.
The below link is to the Court of Appeals analysis, spelling out both sides of the case. You can draw your own conclusions as to what happened.

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx...0111003006.xml
That's a good read. It makes it pretty obvious that he only made the complaint to get out of a bad review and it's not the first time he made a false claim.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-10-2013, 15:49   #188
railfancwb

Why are they wasting time watching the Mexican border? Seems it would be as porous going south as it is coming north, and the record of stopping northbound illegals is not good.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-10-2013, 16:02   #189
Marlowe

w01, I also doubt he has an accomplice, for the reasons you suggest.

From an investigative standpoint, it's a possibility that must be considered, but, so far, he sounds like he is on his own.

I hope so, anyway.
Old 02-10-2013, 16:18   #190
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic

LAPD is offering a Cool Million Dollar Reward.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Seeking leads in a massive manhunt, Los Angeles authorities on Sunday offered a $1 million reward for information leading to the arrest of Christopher Dorner, the former police officer suspected in three killings.

Last edited by akapennypincher; 02-10-2013 at 16:19..
Old 02-10-2013, 16:31   #191
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapennypincher View Post
LAPD is offering a Cool Million Dollar Reward.

LOS ANGELES (AP) Seeking leads in a massive manhunt, Los Angeles authorities on Sunday offered a $1 million reward for information leading to the arrest of Christopher Dorner, the former police officer suspected in three killings.

Arrest?

Whatever happened to "Dead or Alive?"

Old 02-10-2013, 16:39   #192
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Arrest?

Whatever happened to "Dead or Alive?"

Dead is not PC, what do you want to do upset Reverand Al
Sharpton, and the Reverend Jackson.
Old 02-10-2013, 17:03   #193
dano1427

Here's a link to all the docs regarding his termination, including the initial "Kicking" incident report (under the link called Dorner Addenda).

http://leaksource.wordpress.com/2013...llenging-lapd/
Old 02-10-2013, 18:03   #194
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
I may be inviting flame bait but to believe that the LAPD with the history that it has that it isn't rampant with racism and corruption is fantasy. What I think happened is that Dorner reported abuse and the person that he accused was protected and they chose to smear his name and destroy his career to make him an example. Yeah, he may have lost it or could it be that after following procedure and trying to go by the book to get justice only thing he got was "Just Us".

In the end when you die only thing you have is your name and what is associated with it when people think of you. His name as well as his career is ruined. I think he is using the few options he feels he has to get that name back. I'm not saying what he is doing is right, but I can empathize. I also think others in LAPD can too since they have decided to reopen the investigation into Dorners firing.

Personally, I don't think they'll ever capture him alive unless the investigation verdict changes.

The lesson here is watch how you treat people because you never know how they'll react. Especially when they feel like their back is against the wall.
Such as?

Rodney King? One incident, four officers out of 9,000, decided on a clip of a longer video that would have provided very important context. Use of force never looks pretty.

Rampart? Long believed that most of what Rafael Perez revealed was a bogus attempt to save his own ass. Remember that he did not "come forward" as a whistleblowing hero, he got caught stealing a **** load of coke.

What else?

Quote:
He obviously is not stable - I have gone through some (dung) in my life, and even have been so mad at a person my heart started running 100mph when he was near, but I NEVER was tempted to go shooting at anyone.

Why did he need to get fired? Was there anything else in his LAPD career that they looked at other than the accusation that he came forward with as a reason for his dismissal?

We may not like his views (2nd Amendment, entertainment, political among them) but I don't believe he's unstable. He's just a man pushed to his limits. What you went through probably isn't the same as what he's gone through. The limit of abuse that you can take is different from his.

Everyone's limits are different.

I've gone to a couple of 2nd amendment rallies in the since January where we feel that there are people who want to take away our rights and the government talks of confiscation. I read several flags made by people who may feel their back are against the wall that read "Come and Take Them". I thought about what these people would do if they did come knocking at their door. How far would they go to get back or keep what's theirs? Would people call them unstable for doing what they needed to do to get back what's theirs?
Why did he need to get fired? Because he LIED. We cut an officer lose because he lied about where he lived...not because he lived outside of our residency area, but because when they called him in, he lied about it. You are obviously on the outside looking in here, but we (law enforcement) take integrity extremely seriously.

Quote:
You could be right. I am just saying that with LAPD and other law enforcement agencies history of abuse and corruption how come LAPD gets a pass? I do believe that this could have all been prevented if someone had've looked into this outside of LAPD.
Please further describe the "history of abuse" of which you speak. LAPD has nearly 10,000 officers, they're in one of the most liberal and populous regions in the country. They have a giant target on their back. When the "scandals" stop making the news, I'll start worrying about them. As long as they're uncommon enough to still be reported (since they're obviously ratings bait), then they're not happening often enough to be concerned. Keep in mind that as one of the largest agencies in the country, LAPD has an internal affairs division that is larger than probably a significant percentage of law enforcement agencies nationwide.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
Old 02-10-2013, 18:05   #195
RyanBDawg

I'm glad the cops throw up all the stops when it comes to one of them being threatened.

I wonder if there would be 500+ murders in Chicago if they (and the politicians) even gave 1% of the effort there.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dorner is reviving help from various members of the public in LA.

There are probably thousands of people who would be willing to aid him in the LA area alone.

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 02-10-2013 at 18:11..
Old 02-10-2013, 18:20   #196
actionshooter10
CLM Number 19
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
I'm glad the cops throw up all the stops when it comes to one of them being threatened.

I wonder if there would be 500+ murders in Chicago if they (and the politicians) even gave 1% of the effort there.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dorner is reviving help from various members of the public in LA.

There are probably thousands of people who would be willing to aid him in the LA area alone.

Do yourself a favor and stop there. Don't go down that road.
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States
Old 02-10-2013, 18:26   #197
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionshooter10 View Post
What road?

That's why they are offering a reward. Ill bet they think the same thing, that he is receiving help from people who sympathize with him.

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 02-10-2013 at 18:26..
Old 02-10-2013, 18:31   #198
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionshooter10 View Post
Everyone should follow actionshooter10's advice.

Do NOT go down that road.

Thanks!

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-10-2013 at 18:32..
Old 02-10-2013, 18:33   #199
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post

Stay classy...
Old 02-10-2013, 18:33   #200
Southswede

deleted

Last edited by Southswede; 02-10-2013 at 18:46..

Closed Thread