GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2013, 21:44   #21
pgg00

I like my G20. Shoots better then my .40s. Feels like it has less muzzle flip also. Also very accurate and a straight shooter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 22:05   #22
Glockster45ACP

My next Glock will be a G20
Old 02-08-2013, 03:11   #23
rolltide_pisco
NRA Life Member

With the exception of Gander Mtn here, all glocks including Gen4's are under $600. At least the local Gander will price-match the LGS.
rolltide_pisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45   #24
English

In Glock terms the G20 is a low volume pistol and so they probably do batch runs every so often. This is likely to be one of those times when the last batch has mainly sold out so they gun shops can put up their prices. In another month or three Glock should do another run and the prices will fall again. It might be worth waiting a while and getting a better deal.

English
English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:10   #25
alwaysshootin

As been mentioned that price is too high! If this doesn't sell you on the G20, just get a 9!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:08   #26
TACLOAD

G20 all the way!

“World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just the mere absence of violence. Peace is, I think is the manifestation of human compassion.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
TACLOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00   #27
PLINKING.40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
You are a bit nasty, but correct. You can indeed shoot those calibers in a G20.
I Know, No disrespect intended, But the G20 is my one and only 1st Glock, and that is why I got it..was for those reasons, It is my field Hogleg and my HD cary gun..
Old 02-09-2013, 11:32   #28
blastfact

Looks like the OP posted up the thread and then left. LMAO
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:41   #29
damnyankee20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
OK I was pretty set on a Masterpiece arms 9mm. Till I discovered you could buy extended barrels for glocks.

Only buying this gun has a plinker/novelty. I really love the Glock 20, with the 6" stainless lone wolf barrel.

The problem is a Glock 20 is 650 dollars, plus the 130 dollar barrel, vs I found the MPA Mac for 425 dollars. I would be into it almost double at 800 dollars vs the Mac at 425 and not doing anything too it.

Talk me into it, tell me its worth the extra money.
To buy arguably one of the most powerful pistols as a novelty means you don't need it. A firearm is a tool, not a toy. You buy a tool because it fills a need. I use my G20 as my daily carry and when I go deer hunting.

My two cents and best of luck.
damnyankee20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:53   #30
rl356

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
It's your money. It seems high to me, but if they're hard to come by up there and you really have your heart set on it, then any joy you get from it is worth the money. I'd skip the 10mm myself, but if you're getting it as a novelty then I suppose that works, the 10mm is a novelty cartridge.
Novelty cartridge? It's not as popular as 9,40,45, but I wouldn't consider it "novelty" by any means. As previously stated, places that are sold out of 9,40,45 still have 10mm on the shelf.
rl356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:36   #31
ArrizX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post
Looks like the OP posted up the thread and then left. LMAO
Why do you think that?
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:38   #32
ArrizX

[QUOTE=damnyankee20;19967678]To buy arguably one of the most powerful pistols as a novelty means you don't need it. A firearm is a tool, not a toy. You buy a tool because it fills a need. I use my G20 as my daily carry and when I go deer hunting.

My two cents and best of luck.[/QUOT

I have the guns I need, but I continue to buy because I want them. I guess you could call me an extremely avid collector.
Old 02-09-2013, 16:14   #33
blastfact

Quote:
Why do you think that?
Just haven't seen you post. So which one did you buy?
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 18:38   #34
damnyankee20

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyankee20 View Post
To buy arguably one of the most powerful pistols as a novelty means you don't need it. A firearm is a tool, not a toy. You buy a tool because it fills a need. I use my G20 as my daily carry and when I go deer hunting.

My two cents and best of luck.
I have the guns I need, but I continue to buy because I want them. I guess you could call me an extremely avid collector.
That's very cool. You may want to consider some real investments if your collecting. Most of us have collectibles and then we have our regular shooters. Enjoy!

Last edited by damnyankee20; 02-09-2013 at 18:39..
damnyankee20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 20:08   #35
rl356

As already stated, it's your money, and only you can ultimately decide what you want to spend it on. If it were my money, it'd be for the G20 all the way. Masterpiece Arms and Glock aren't even in the same class.
Old 02-09-2013, 21:29   #36
willieH

Like others have said, you can have the G20 for much less. I've been pleased with the performance and reliability. Don't be intimidated about the recoil, it's quite manageable. Shooting at a range will get wide eyed looks from people trying to figure out who's firing the cannon.

General Glocking

General Glocking
willieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:37   #37
ArrizX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post
Just haven't seen you post. So which one did you buy?
Havent yet. Building my money pile for a gun or multiple gun purchase.Having a hard time deciding. G20 is still right at the top of the list. Especially after I trade my only glock right now, a glock 27 tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyankee20 View Post
That's very cool. You may want to consider some real investments if your collecting. Most of us have collectibles and then we have our regular shooters. Enjoy!
What guns do you suggest? Im building a collection ill never part with, I dont plan on investing. I plan on enjoying! The AR would be a good investment if I wanted to sell it now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rl356 View Post
As already stated, it's your money, and only you can ultimately decide what you want to spend it on. If it were my money, it'd be for the G20 all the way. Masterpiece Arms and Glock aren't even in the same class.
Realistically the same class no but fun factor? Maybe depending who is behind it.

I am making a 3 hour trip tomorrow to make a big trade with a guy ill be right next to one of the bigger gun shops in the state if I can find a reasonably priced 20 ill be coming home with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieH View Post
Like others have said, you can have the G20 for much less. I've been pleased with the performance and reliability. Don't be intimidated about the recoil, it's quite manageable. Shooting at a range will get wide eyed looks from people trying to figure out who's firing the cannon.

General Glocking

General Glocking
My girlfriends dad has a 1911 Delta Elite that shoots the 10mm and I thought it was heavenly. Not sure why I want the glock in this configuration. I guess I want a 1911 in a .45 which I also dont have yet. So, everyone is saying it can be had for cheaper. I cant find where yet though. Local gun shop in town has it for $675

Last edited by ArrizX; 02-10-2013 at 03:25..
Old 02-10-2013, 09:36   #38
rl356

Quote:
My girlfriends dad has a 1911 Delta Elite that shoots the 10mm and I thought it was heavenly. Not sure why I want the glock in this configuration. I guess I want a 1911 in a .45 which I also dont have yet. So, everyone is saying it can be had for cheaper. I cant find where yet though. Local gun shop in town has it for $675
The larger caliber glocks (10mm, .45ACP) have always been $50-$75 more than the smaller caliber ones around here. And that was when there wasn't all the panic purchasing. And if it's a Gen4, you can factor in another $50 on top of that. The model 20 and 29 aren't on the shelves very often around here either. I had been wanting a 10mm glock for a long time and was never in the right shop at the right time. Ended up purchasing a BNIB model 20 from a private party. Is the price at $675 a little inflated.....yes, but not enough to keep me away from it had I still been looking for one.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:44   #39
Trolin

I too had been wanting a Glock for many years, and landed on the G20. I picked mine up recently here in Alaska and it ran 725. Seems the price you have quoted isn't that bad. I figured by the time I paid shipping and a FFL transfer fee I was going to be in the 700 range anyway. After one range trip this is now my favorite handgun in my small collection(more into hunting rifles than handguns). I have a Taurus pt92, and a springfield v10 .45acp.
Trolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:03   #40
HD45ACP

Glock 20 is only for the Elite, you gotta ask yourself one question GLOCKER, "DO I FEEL ELITE?!" WELL DO YA?
HD45ACP is offline   Reply With Quote