Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2013, 15:27   #1

bullet set back

so recently i was bored and wanted try some loads from the smaller companies (underwood, buffalo bore, double tap)....i had ordered a box of 9mm 124gr +P (24E) and a box of .357sig 125gr (25A) from buffalo bore to start out...

i went to the range and due to time constraints and my forgetting to try the new ammo (in both the g19 and the G32C) until it was time to leave, i only managed to pop off a few shots of each caliber....it went bang each time in each gun so that was good enough for me at the time.....i knew i would be heading out to the range again within the week, so i knew i would test more then....

so i thoroughly cleaned both guns (the feed ramps were clean) when i got home and i loaded up the buffalo bore rounds into each gun....popped in the mags and power stroked the slides over the top as i usually do....thought nothing of it....a week later, i decided to do some trigger work on the G19....i dropped the mag and ejected a round...(i always check for bullet set back and i never re-chamber the same rounds).....i noticed that the bullet was set back a tiny bit, but i didn't have my calipers available at the time....i snapped a pic, emailed the owner and asked him about bullet set back....he responded by saying that all bullets will naturally set back a tiny amount and after examining my pics, he said i have nothing to worry about....well, ok....

a few more days go by and i decide to do some trigger work on the G32C....i drop the mag and eject a round....the round that popped out was badly set back (it had only been chambered ONCE)....so i took measurements and took pics and emailed Tim again....now keep in mind that I had already popped off a few rounds of each so I didn't feel justified in asking for A: a refund, or B: another box of replacements....i honestly wanted to see what they would say about it and see if they offered any solutions....$30+ for 20 rounds of 357sig is a lot more expensive than buying my usual boxes of 50 rounds of winchester ranger T or federal HSTs.....

Tim responded professionally and although he wasn't rude about anything, he really didn't seem too concerned either.....i have pasted his email response below.....as i said, i don't feel right asking for a refund or replacement due to the fact that i've shot a few rounds, but having these setback issues coupled with his response of "I don't know what is going on with Glock..." and "the ammo is working great in my SIG pistol" seems like he really doesn't care about what could have happened had i fired that 357 round through my Glock.....

OK, I just tested a bunch or our 357 SIG ammo in my SIG 229. If fed wonderfully and did not experience any set back whatsoever. So, I don't know what is going on with Glock, but it is not happening with SIG, pistols who
happen to be the designers and name safe of the cartridge. I do not have a Glock here chambered in 357 SIG to test, but the ammo is working great in my SIG pistol.

Tim

Has anyone else has bad experiences with buffalo bore such as set back issues?

I will not be buying anything else from them in the future and i'm hoping that maybe others will be a bit more cautious when using their rounds.....i'm not trying to say all their ammo is crap as i'm sure i just got a bad batch.....we live in an imperfect world.....but i did want to share my experience with people on this forum....

Caliber CornerCaliber CornerCaliber Corner
24601 is offline   Reply With Quote