GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 08:15   #76
poikilotrm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by deserttactical45 View Post
Trying to mock and belittle people on the Internet must make you feel real good...like a tough guy
poikilotrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:20   #77
Slackinoff
Senior Member
 
Slackinoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 440
Awesome story Gommer! That one gave me the chills.

My Grandpa will tell us his wagon trail ghost story once a Christmas. When he purchased his property back in the 70's he said you could still see evidence where an old "wagon trail" existed. His house is actually built on top of it. He got big into metal detecting because of the stuff he found on that old trail.

Anyways, since he built his house, once every five of six years he will see a ghost in his house. He says he always sees "her" when hes watching tv, grandma is in bed reading, and the clock is somewheres around 11:15pm. He notes that the tv "twitches" like the receptions going out and he looks up and sees her in the hallway.

He has gotten so used to seeing "her," he wont even get up anymore. He says because he is able to sit still, he can"get a good look." Grandpa says she just wanders from room to room, searching for something. Says she looks like "one of them old homestead wimmons from the 1800's."
__________________
It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid. -The Stranger-

Last edited by Slackinoff; 02-09-2013 at 08:21..
Slackinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:56   #78
bamarammin87
h8tr
 
bamarammin87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chihuahuan Desert, TX
Posts: 4,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptomyneck View Post
When I was 18, I flew to NOLA in late '77. Sitting next to me on the plane was an older guy who kept talking to me. He said he had a rental car and would drive me to the Quarter (my family was there) since he was staying there too.

When we pulled up to his hotel, he reached over and put his hand on my leg asking me if I wanted to go up to his room with him. I snatched his hand off and told him to **** off. I got out and walked away. A year later, I saw his picture on the news. It was John Wayne Gacy.
Holy cow.
bamarammin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:03   #79
AZson
Senior Member
 
AZson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tucson
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQof1 View Post
i met Bill and Hillary twice.....
How did you sleep afterwards?
__________________
G17 G27 G29 G35 G38 NRA GSSF
NEED A GOOD GUN? See your local ATF (AKA F-troop) agent. He will get you one fast and furiously.
AZson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:26   #80
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,675


Quote:
Originally Posted by AZson View Post
How did you sleep afterwards?
Lucky he didn't sleep with the fishes


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:53   #81
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 2,470
Blog Entries: 1
In 1977 I was just 16 and working at restaurant at the mall. I was pretty low on the totem poll and was busing tables that night. It was around Halloween. I was busing a table near the entrance to the restaurant, which meant I was in the main walking area of the mall. I glanced to my left and saw a woman all bloody walking towards me trying to say something to me. I thought "Wow, that is an awesome costume!" Then I noticed she wasn't wearing a shirt or bra, just some tore up pants or something (can't remember for sure.)

I ran over to her as she staggered sideways and collapsed into a shoe display. When this happened her head fell back and I could see that her neck had been sliced from ear-to-ear. She looked me right in the eyes and then died. I could literally see her life leave her. By now there was a crowd of people gathering. I just stood back up and staggered backwards. Why? Because I recognized her. She was a frequent customer and would flirt with me, and leave me big tips for no good reason. And she was very pretty. I didn't know much about her other than she worked somewhere at the mall.

The police show up and ask if any employees have been in the back parking lot. My boss said "Well, <me> took the trash out about half an hour ago." The detective literally grabs me and hauls me into my bosses office and closes the door. He starts out with "Why did you kill her?" WHAT? I asked him why he'd ask me that. He said "You have access to knives, and were outside about the time she was killed." I said "Here, let me show you where I was." Took him outside and our trash area was a big walled-off area that was only accessible from two doors, one that led into the restaurant and one that was locked at all times unless the trash was being picked up. The wall was well over 10 feet tall. I'd have to be a super-ninja to pull off that crime.

They asked me if I had a vehicle. Yes, I did. I pointed it out to them. The detective gave me this look like "Oh my god." About this time another police officer yells out "I found the murder weapon!" Turned out to be a pocket knife of some sort, not a kitchen knife. However, the strange look from the detective was because my car was covered in blood. The victim's car was parked next to my car and she was stabbed in that car something like 70 times, then her throat slit. When she got out, she smeared blood all over my car, probably staggering or whatever.

Anyway they quickly started looking at other suspects and that was the last they bothered me. They found the guy, a Bible college student, who confessed. The strange thing was, he hid in her car that night. She came out and drove 30 miles to another store on an errand for the store she worked at, and then drove back, all with him hiding in the back seat. Then he attacked her just as she parked her car next to my car.

He was found guilty by reason of insanity and sentenced to a mental hospital/prison. I didn't hear anything until around 8 years later. I was at my GF's house (now my wife) and saw the newspaper. Right there on the front page was a story about how this murdered woman's family was outraged that this psycho had been released after only 5 years, and had a family now, and lived in town. They hadn't even been notified! I started ranting about that murderous SOB and my GF was trying to shut me up for some reason. Screw that! I'm pissed. Then I notice that my GF's mother is crying in the kitchen. My GF drug me out of the house and told me as we drove away why she was crying.

You see, that night this girl was murdered, it was my now mother-in-law who had sent this girl on that errand. She has felt like it was her fault for all these years.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:06   #82
adamg01
Senior Member
 
adamg01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: va
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
In 1977 I was just 16 and working at restaurant at the mall. I was pretty low on the totem poll and was busing tables that night. It was around Halloween. I was busing a table near the entrance to the restaurant, which meant I was in the main walking area of the mall. I glanced to my left and saw a woman all bloody walking towards me trying to say something to me. I thought "Wow, that is an awesome costume!" Then I noticed she wasn't wearing a shirt or bra, just some tore up pants or something (can't remember for sure.)

I ran over to her as she staggered sideways and collapsed into a shoe display. When this happened her head fell back and I could see that her neck had been sliced from ear-to-ear. She looked me right in the eyes and then died. I could literally see her life leave her. By now there was a crowd of people gathering. I just stood back up and staggered backwards. Why? Because I recognized her. She was a frequent customer and would flirt with me, and leave me big tips for no good reason. And she was very pretty. I didn't know much about her other than she worked somewhere at the mall.

The police show up and ask if any employees have been in the back parking lot. My boss said "Well, <me> took the trash out about half an hour ago." The detective literally grabs me and hauls me into my bosses office and closes the door. He starts out with "Why did you kill her?" WHAT? I asked him why he'd ask me that. He said "You have access to knives, and were outside about the time she was killed." I said "Here, let me show you where I was." Took him outside and our trash area was a big walled-off area that was only accessible from two doors, one that led into the restaurant and one that was locked at all times unless the trash was being picked up. The wall was well over 10 feet tall. I'd have to be a super-ninja to pull off that crime.

They asked me if I had a vehicle. Yes, I did. I pointed it out to them. The detective gave me this look like "Oh my god." About this time another police officer yells out "I found the murder weapon!" Turned out to be a pocket knife of some sort, not a kitchen knife. However, the strange look from the detective was because my car was covered in blood. The victim's car was parked next to my car and she was stabbed in that car something like 70 times, then her throat slit. When she got out, she smeared blood all over my car, probably staggering or whatever.

Anyway they quickly started looking at other suspects and that was the last they bothered me. They found the guy, a Bible college student, who confessed. The strange thing was, he hid in her car that night. She came out and drove 30 miles to another store on an errand for the store she worked at, and then drove back, all with him hiding in the back seat. Then he attacked her just as she parked her car next to my car.

He was found guilty by reason of insanity and sentenced to a mental hospital/prison. I didn't hear anything until around 8 years later. I was at my GF's house (now my wife) and saw the newspaper. Right there on the front page was a story about how this murdered woman's family was outraged that this psycho had been released after only 5 years, and had a family now, and lived in town. They hadn't even been notified! I started ranting about that murderous SOB and my GF was trying to shut me up for some reason. Screw that! I'm pissed. Then I notice that my GF's mother is crying in the kitchen. My GF drug me out of the house and told me as we drove away why she was crying.

You see, that night this girl was murdered, it was my now mother-in-law who had sent this girl on that errand. She has felt like it was her fault for all these years.
That is a freaky story. Even if you made it up, it would still be creepy as hell (not saying you did).
adamg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:19   #83
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 2,470
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg01 View Post
That is a freaky story. Even if you made it up, it would still be creepy as hell (not saying you did).
Completely true. I could provide more details if anybody is interested, but would prefer not to. It still creeps me out to this day. I have no idea whatever happened to the murderer. He's been out now for about 30 years. For what it's worth, the victim was Barbara McNeeley.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:52   #84
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 2,470
Blog Entries: 1
Back in the 1970's the Hornet Spook Light was a popular place to go. Cars would line up on Spook Light Road and there was even a little museum/bar that the older people would go in to hang out while us kids tried to get a glimpse of Spook Light. What was Spook Light? Hell if I know. I saw it seven times, the first seven times I went there, and never saw it again. And when I mean "saw it" I mean as in from a couple of feet away. One time the damn thing came through the car's windshield while we were sitting in the car, kind of checked us out, and passed out an open rear window. It then just floated over to the woods next to the ditch we were parked near, and disappeared.

Other times I saw it was from a dozen yards, sometimes a hundred yards, and thousands of other people saw it too. Sometimes it would break up into multiple lights. It was like a glowing globe of light. The time it came into our car I briefly thought about reaching into it, but something held my arm back (fear?) and my sister and two other friends said they had the same idea and the same reaction to not do it instead.

I didn't get the feeling it was evil or anything other than sad. It definitely felt sad to me when I saw it, especially when it got close. Over the years I've gone back there but never saw it again, probably the last time was 1976. Others saw it for a good number of years, I'm not sure when the last sighting was but things have changed so much on that road that it doesn't seem to appear there anymore. Progress I guess.

I'm a very scientific-minded person but I have absolutely no scientific theory for Spook Light. It didn't seem to be very science-based at the time.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 14:05   #85
BEER
bad example
 
BEER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dayton, Texas
Posts: 8,432
yep, spent 13 years watching evil beat my mother on a weekly basis, and not just a slap across the face kind of beating but internal injuries and broken bones type beatings. he never "snapped" and did it in a rage, he was very calm, collected and methodical about it every time. the last time he beat her i distinctly remember him actually telling her "last week we worked on your ribs, thsi week i think we'll do your hands. how's that sound sweety?"

something inside me crawled into a deep hole and went to sleep. the next day i bought my first gun, an old ithaca riot gun from an old friend of the family so i could go rabbit hunting. that afternoon as he was sitting in his chair taking off his boots i screwed the barrel into his right eye deep enough to black it and politely asked him to dissapear.

the shocked look of emotional hurt on his face taught me what true evil really is. he didn't understand how i could turn on him. he had never hurt me, and it wasn't like he was killing her, he was just keeping her in line. at that point i put 2 pounds on the 3 pound trigger and was grinning. hell the angel on my shoulder was even telling me to finish it. then god bless her soul my mother asked me not to because she couldn't stand the thought of me in prison. luckily for everybody he got up and walked out without another word never to be heard from again.

i had consistent nightmares for years after that, not because i almost took a life or ruined the rest of my own, but because he truly didn't understand how vile he was. it still bothers me to this day that there are people like him walking this earth. i don't know if they lack what most would call a "soul" or if they were born with bad brain wiring or what but it scares the **** out of me that they're out there right now walking amongst my friends and family in broad daylight with no warning indicators.
__________________
the brighter your light the darker your shadow.
BEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 14:06   #86
Mr Spock
Vulcan
 
Mr Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,197
Tagged for crazy stories.
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 14:16   #87
poikilotrm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Back in the 1970's the Hornet Spook Light was a popular place to go.
I have personally seen this and it is very cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfa_lights
poikilotrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 14:18   #88
vettely
Senior Member
 
vettely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
yep, spent 13 years watching evil beat my mother on a weekly basis, and not just a slap across the face kind of beating but internal injuries and broken bones type beatings. he never "snapped" and did it in a rage, he was very calm, collected and methodical about it every time. the last time he beat her i distinctly remember him actually telling her "last week we worked on your ribs, thsi week i think we'll do your hands. how's that sound sweety?"

something inside me crawled into a deep hole and went to sleep. the next day i bought my first gun, an old ithaca riot gun from an old friend of the family so i could go rabbit hunting. that afternoon as he was sitting in his chair taking off his boots i screwed the barrel into his right eye deep enough to black it and politely asked him to dissapear.

the shocked look of emotional hurt on his face taught me what true evil really is. he didn't understand how i could turn on him. he had never hurt me, and it wasn't like he was killing her, he was just keeping her in line. at that point i put 2 pounds on the 3 pound trigger and was grinning. hell the angel on my shoulder was even telling me to finish it. then god bless her soul my mother asked me not to because she couldn't stand the thought of me in prison. luckily for everybody he got up and walked out without another word never to be heard from again.

i had consistent nightmares for years after that, not because i almost took a life or ruined the rest of my own, but because he truly didn't understand how vile he was. it still bothers me to this day that there are people like him walking this earth. i don't know if they lack what most would call a "soul" or if they were born with bad brain wiring or what but it scares the **** out of me that they're out there right now walking amongst my friends and family in broad daylight with no warning indicators.
Not sure how this would "ruin the rest of your life", but I am certain you saved you mothers life.
__________________
N.R.A. Life Member
vettely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 14:23   #89
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 2,470
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poikilotrm View Post
I have personally seen this and it is very cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfa_lights
Yeah, they also said that the Hornet Spook Light was just headlight reflections. Thing is, it had been seen for decades before I-44 or any other distant highway was even around. And I can tell you 100% that the time it came into the car, it wasn't a reflection from a distant headlight or campfire.

Here's the wiki on the Hornet Spook Light.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 14:29   #90
deserttactical45
Senior Member
 
deserttactical45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
In 1977 I was just 16 and working at restaurant at the mall. I was pretty low on the totem poll and was busing tables that night. It was around Halloween. I was busing a table near the entrance to the restaurant, which meant I was in the main walking area of the mall. I glanced to my left and saw a woman all bloody walking towards me trying to say something to me. I thought "Wow, that is an awesome costume!" Then I noticed she wasn't wearing a shirt or bra, just some tore up pants or something (can't remember for sure.)

I ran over to her as she staggered sideways and collapsed into a shoe display. When this happened her head fell back and I could see that her neck had been sliced from ear-to-ear. She looked me right in the eyes and then died. I could literally see her life leave her. By now there was a crowd of people gathering. I just stood back up and staggered backwards. Why? Because I recognized her. She was a frequent customer and would flirt with me, and leave me big tips for no good reason. And she was very pretty. I didn't know much about her other than she worked somewhere at the mall.

The police show up and ask if any employees have been in the back parking lot. My boss said "Well, <me> took the trash out about half an hour ago." The detective literally grabs me and hauls me into my bosses office and closes the door. He starts out with "Why did you kill her?" WHAT? I asked him why he'd ask me that. He said "You have access to knives, and were outside about the time she was killed." I said "Here, let me show you where I was." Took him outside and our trash area was a big walled-off area that was only accessible from two doors, one that led into the restaurant and one that was locked at all times unless the trash was being picked up. The wall was well over 10 feet tall. I'd have to be a super-ninja to pull off that crime.

They asked me if I had a vehicle. Yes, I did. I pointed it out to them. The detective gave me this look like "Oh my god." About this time another police officer yells out "I found the murder weapon!" Turned out to be a pocket knife of some sort, not a kitchen knife. However, the strange look from the detective was because my car was covered in blood. The victim's car was parked next to my car and she was stabbed in that car something like 70 times, then her throat slit. When she got out, she smeared blood all over my car, probably staggering or whatever.

Anyway they quickly started looking at other suspects and that was the last they bothered me. They found the guy, a Bible college student, who confessed. The strange thing was, he hid in her car that night. She came out and drove 30 miles to another store on an errand for the store she worked at, and then drove back, all with him hiding in the back seat. Then he attacked her just as she parked her car next to my car.

He was found guilty by reason of insanity and sentenced to a mental hospital/prison. I didn't hear anything until around 8 years later. I was at my GF's house (now my wife) and saw the newspaper. Right there on the front page was a story about how this murdered woman's family was outraged that this psycho had been released after only 5 years, and had a family now, and lived in town. They hadn't even been notified! I started ranting about that murderous SOB and my GF was trying to shut me up for some reason. Screw that! I'm pissed. Then I notice that my GF's mother is crying in the kitchen. My GF drug me out of the house and told me as we drove away why she was crying.

You see, that night this girl was murdered, it was my now mother-in-law who had sent this girl on that errand. She has felt like it was her fault for all these years.
WOW!
deserttactical45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 14:57   #91
Glockaround the Clock
Senior Member
 
Glockaround the Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Central , Florida
Posts: 1,333
Sadly I have seen evil up close too many times.thats why I own guns. the first time I was 11 and an older kid 15 or so attacked me. I had been in fights but he was trying to rip my clothes and he was groping me. I never talked about this till I was an adult.When I was 23 my Mother told me Bob had gone to prison for child abuse and shortly thereafter some other inmate killed him.
I saw evil again when a teenage boy killed his sister and parents with an axe and tried to burn the bodies in a fireplace. I was part of an arrest team on a rapist once. This guy was just cold and looked at us like we were some strange bugs he had found.
__________________
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and
he will tell you the truth.
Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Glockaround the Clock; 02-09-2013 at 14:58..
Glockaround the Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 15:10   #92
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy
 
OfficerChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schnitzelhausen
Posts: 7,497
Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Definitely some epic material here - keep it coming guys
__________________
Pinki: "I don't think you want to get wild OC style"
Personal hero: Lawman800
Paint me a picture! (top left button)
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 15:47   #93
deadmanglocking
Senior Member
 
deadmanglocking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 789
I remember this guy hanging around and meeting him. We weren't friends but he hung out around a group I did. He was always real cold around people. Known to have a gun on him and a banger. Just empty looking eyes and didn't seem to get when you were messing with him. Killed 4 girls execution style. One was pregnant.
http://murderpedia.org/male.G/g/good...thur-wayne.htm
Eta:he also shot a dude in the face about 2 weeks before this with a .45. This happened in the parking lot of my apartments. He lived and I don't think he ever got charged with this.

Last edited by deadmanglocking; 02-09-2013 at 15:51..
deadmanglocking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 16:42   #94
Mr Spock
Vulcan
 
Mr Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,197
When I was 8 or so, I was walking with a friend when a car pulled up. We were walking down a dead end holler in the middle of a tiny town, not even on a map. The driver of the car kept asking us how to get to a town about an hour away and said he had turned down that road on accident. We stayed where we were, pointed in a direction, and said "Take that road until you see XYZ sign" or whatever it was in particular we said. He starts trying to fumble with an atlas and begs one of us to get in the other seat and point it out on a map really quick. We both panicked at the same time, called him a weirdo, and high-tailed it across a few yards and back to my house.

In middle school, my name was one of the top on a hit list another kid had made. He got caught on Sunday, when he was planning his attack on Monday (same week). Small town, and the kid was mentally handicapped, so I don't think it ever made the news.

Almost robbed and almost had to draw a weapon once.

As a kid, used to keep a hunting rifle loaded in the closet since my step father (for a thankfully short time) used to scream at me and my mother, shove her around, and threaten to beat us to death, beat us, or kill us, depending on the rant. I never backed down to him and I think part of him knew there was a reason I didn't. I was at a low point and felt like there was absolutely nothing to lose by getting beaten or by killing him in self defense. Sort of called his bluff.

Also, we had a family store in FL around 1999-early 2000s. I worked there over summers. I am fairly certain that we met, negotiated prices with, and spoke to several of the 9/11 hijackers while they were at the flight school down here. We didn't figure it out until a while later after the full story of their whereabouts had been figured out and we realized that the time they left FL was around the time the group of guys from the flight school that looked like them had stopped coming in and buying large amounts of clothing on a regular basis.

Last edited by Mr Spock; 02-09-2013 at 16:47..
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 17:06   #95
BigDog40
Senior Member
 
BigDog40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Rosa County, FL
Posts: 264
My mother used to wait on Jim Jones of "The People's Temple" when he lived in Bloomington, IN. Several times he asked her to attend different meetings that he was either hosting or going to. She never did...thank goodness.
__________________
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to do!
BigDog40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 19:18   #96
GoBigOrange
Senior Member
 
GoBigOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando(missing Tennessee)
Posts: 1,583
I worked in a restaurant with a guy who used to walk girls out to their cars late at night. One day we came in to find his picture in the paper for raping, and strangling a girl in her hotel room.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/oc...orker-accused/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT76 View Post
That is where the rub is. The anti-gun liberals will never understand being strong enough in your convictions to take a life, or give your own.
GoBigOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 19:41   #97
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,061


This guy bought my parent's house and while I was helping them move out, I helped him move in. Seemed like a nice enough guy and great wife and girls. HH

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/c...mily-1.1219874
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 20:00   #98
redbeamer
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 40
Okay, here is mine. I was in high school and working my first job. I met this dude through work and we became buddies. We played a lot of basketball and just hung out. One day while playing ball he tells me that he likes to put his girlfriend on certain positions while having sex so he can make it hurt her. I didn't think much of it.

He ended up getting a better job and married the girl. We ended up losing touch. That was 15 years ago. Then a couple years back he was in the paper for kidnapping, raping, and stabbing some girl. The police said he was a sadomasochist. I instantly thought of that conversation.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
redbeamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 20:06   #99
ancient_serpent
Senior Member
 
ancient_serpent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,709
Little town, south of Baghdad there was an attack in the local market place. Was working with the locals and they captured two insurgents just as the insurgents were cutting a woman's throat.
The locals wanted to execute them on the spot, we stopped them. Both of them were crying and shaking, afraid of what the local IA were going to do to them. It just seemed to me that they didn't care that they'd murdered and burned their way through a marketplace, just that they'd been caught doing it.
Last I heard, they were in the lockup and scheduled for a trial.
__________________
"The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions."
-Daniel Webster
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

Last edited by ancient_serpent; 02-09-2013 at 20:08..
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 20:47   #100
poikilotrm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Yeah, they also said that the Hornet Spook Light was just headlight reflections. Thing is, it had been seen for decades before I-44 or any other distant highway was even around. And I can tell you 100% that the time it came into the car, it wasn't a reflection from a distant headlight or campfire.

Here's the wiki on the Hornet Spook Light.
The Marfa Lights are definitely NOT fires or head lights, and they date back to when it was just indians. I watched with some people and one guy just came unhinged because it didn't fit in with his preconceptions of reality. That was disturbing.
poikilotrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
taggerino
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:01.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,502
501 Members
1,001 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42